Jump to content

*** 2022 - 2024 2A DI District 11 ***


KirtFalcon
 Share

Recommended Posts

Week 8 saw Joaquin and Timpson get blowout wins over SA and WS. Shelbyville stopped a losing skid with a win over Grapeland, and Garrison got rested up for the stretch run. District standings are as follows:

1: Joaquin (6-1, 4-0) locked into a playoff spot. 
2: Timpson (7-0, 3-0) also locked in if my math is correct. 
3: Garrison (5-2, 2-1) in the catbird seat to secure a spot with a week 9 W. 
4: West Sabine (2-5, 2-2) making a push for a playoff spot. 

5: Shelbyville (4-3, 1-2) still alive and can control their own destiny by beating SA and WS in the coming weeks. 
6: San Augustine (0-7, 0-3) still have a chance if they can run the table from here on out. 
7: Grapeland (1-6, 0-4) mathematically eliminated. 
Week 9:

Timpson at Joaquin 

Grapeland at Garrison 

San Augustine at Shelbyville 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Garrison blows out Grapeland, effectively locking themselves into a playoff spot and extinguishing any postseason hopes the Sandies had. Shelbyville won a shootout with SA to keep their playoff hopes alive. Technically, SA can still make the playoffs by winning their last two and getting some help. Timpson won a war with Joaquin and put themselves in position for a third consecutive district title. Let’s look at playoff scenarios: Theoretically, the district title isn’t locked down. Garrison could throw it into a three way tie by beating the Bears in Week 11. Also theoretically, if I flap my arms fast enough, I can fly. But I don’t have the will or the physical ability to do so, which are the same reasons Garrison won’t beat Timpson. That puts it like this:

1. Timpson (4-0) (remaining games Shelbyville, Garrison). 
2. Joaquin (4-1) (West Sabine, bye)

3. Garrison (3-1)  (SA, Timpson)

4. Tie: Shelbyville l, WS (2-2) (SV has Timpson, WS) (WS has Joaquin, SV)

6. Grapeland (0-5) (bye, SA)

7. San Augustine (0-4) (Garrison, Grapeland).

So for Week 10, Joaquin travels to West Sabine, Timpson hosts Shelbyville, and Garrison goes to SA. 

 

  • LOL! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

RETIREDFAN1
This post was recognized by RETIREDFAN1!

trueblue82 was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 20 points.

Probably the biggest surprise this week was the 14-14 halftime score between Joaquin and West Sabine, but the Rams put things together in the second half and made it look like a blowout. Garrison rolled up SA, and Timpson shredded Shelbyville. We can set the playoff scenarios now. San Augustine and Grapeland are both winless in district and eliminated from playoff contention. Their week 11 game is strictly for pride. Shelbyville and West Sabine will square off for the #4 seed. Garrison hosts Timpson and the Attoyac River River battle is a huge game. With Garrison only having one district loss (35-14 to Joaquin) they can force a 3-way tie for 1st place if they can knock off the Bears. Then it would go to points, as Joaquin’s only loss was 25-22 to Timpson. A Timpson win means the district playoff reps would be as follows: 

1. Timpson 

2. Joaquin 

3. Garrison 

4. Shelbyville/ WS winner. 
 

We will match up with District 12 in the first round. Their playoff seeds are even less set than ours. Going into week 11, Centerville and Corrigan-Camden will square off for the district title and the loser will be the 2 seed. Leon will play Normangee, who is eliminated already. A Leon win coupled with a West Hardin win over Groveton puts Leon in 3rd and WH in 4th. Losses by WH or Leon makes things fuzzier than a Sunday morning at Doomer’s house. So we’ll just have to wait and see. 

  • Stinks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Probably the biggest surprise this week was the 14-14 halftime score between Joaquin and West Sabine, but the Rams put things together in the second half and made it look like a blowout. Garrison rolled up SA, and Timpson shredded Shelbyville. We can set the playoff scenarios now. San Augustine and Grapeland are both winless in district and eliminated from playoff contention. Their week 11 game is strictly for pride. Shelbyville and West Sabine will square off for the #4 seed. Garrison hosts Timpson and the Attoyac River River battle is a huge game. With Garrison only having one district loss (35-14 to Joaquin) they can force a 3-way tie for 1st place if they can knock off the Bears. Then it would go to points, as Joaquin’s only loss was 25-22 to Timpson. A Timpson win means the district playoff reps would be as follows: 

1. Timpson 

2. Joaquin 

3. Garrison 

4. Shelbyville/ WS winner. 
 

We will match up with District 12 in the first round. Their playoff seeds are even less set than ours. Going into week 11, Centerville and Corrigan-Camden will square off for the district title and the loser will be the 2 seed. Leon will play Normangee, who is eliminated already. A Leon win coupled with a West Hardin win over Groveton puts Leon in 3rd and WH in 4th. Losses by WH or Leon makes things fuzzier than a Sunday morning at Doomer’s house. So we’ll just have to wait and see. 

Puts Timpson and Jo in good shape in week one of the playoffs, GTown and the 4th place team........not so much lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/27/2022 at 9:55 PM, trueblue82 said:

Probably the biggest surprise this week was the 14-14 halftime score between Joaquin and West Sabine, but the Rams put things together in the second half and made it look like a blowout. Garrison rolled up SA, and Timpson shredded Shelbyville. We can set the playoff scenarios now. San Augustine and Grapeland are both winless in district and eliminated from playoff contention. Their week 11 game is strictly for pride. Shelbyville and West Sabine will square off for the #4 seed. Garrison hosts Timpson and the Attoyac River River battle is a huge game. With Garrison only having one district loss (35-14 to Joaquin) they can force a 3-way tie for 1st place if they can knock off the Bears. Then it would go to points, as Joaquin’s only loss was 25-22 to Timpson. A Timpson win means the district playoff reps would be as follows: 

1. Timpson 

2. Joaquin 

3. Garrison 

4. Shelbyville/ WS winner. 
 

We will match up with District 12 in the first round. Their playoff seeds are even less set than ours. Going into week 11, Centerville and Corrigan-Camden will square off for the district title and the loser will be the 2 seed. Leon will play Normangee, who is eliminated already. A Leon win coupled with a West Hardin win over Groveton puts Leon in 3rd and WH in 4th. Losses by WH or Leon makes things fuzzier than a Sunday morning at Doomer’s house. So we’ll just have to wait and see. 

It would be fuzzy that's for sure 🤣 I don't see any way of Normangee beating Leon though unless Leon tanks trying to get Timpson first round instead of you guys 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, GATA18 said:

It would be fuzzy that's for sure 🤣 I don't see any way of Normangee beating Leon though unless Leon tanks trying to get Timpson first round instead of you guys 🤣

Why would anyone tank to get Timpson? They wanting Bussey’s autograph?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

Why would anyone tank to get Timpson? They wanting Bussey’s autograph?

Bussey wont hit em in the mouth like Joaquin will. They would suffer a miserable downright atrocious beatdown from you guys them boys aint physical whatsoever. Of course they would lose by 70 to timpson but may not would hurt near as bad lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Timpson wins a shootout with Garrison. 
Shelbyville wins a shootout with West Sabine. 
San Augustine ran out of gas and went 0-10 vs Grapeland. 
Final district standings look like this:

1. Timpson (10-0, 6-0)

2. Joaquin (7-2, 5-1)

3. Garrison (7-3, 4-2)

4. Shelbyville (6-4, 3-3)

5. West Sabine (3-7, 2-4)

6. Grapeland (2-8, 1-5)

7. San Augustine (0-10, 0-6)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...