District 5-3A Division 1 2022-2024

chevyman

On 5/6/2022 at 7:30 AM, chevyman said:

Re-alignment always brings a fresh schedule and the previous year has no bearing on where the game is played. I can recall a few times in the last 10 years or so that we played in MV back to back years. Temp bleachers aren't a terrible idea, but i believe we didnt have enough room on our side either. Just the nature of the atmosphere of that game. It will be the exact same way next year at yalls place even with the proposed plan of building new home bleachers for you guys. We will still overfill the old home side. 

Is this the year MV finally gets turf and bleachers voted in?? 

On 5/6/2022 at 7:30 AM, chevyman said:

Re-alignment always brings a fresh schedule and the previous year has no bearing on where the game is played. I can recall a few times in the last 10 years or so that we played in MV back to back years. Temp bleachers aren't a terrible idea, but i believe we didnt have enough room on our side either. Just the nature of the atmosphere of that game. It will be the exact same way next year at yalls place even with the proposed plan of building new home bleachers for you guys. We will still overfill the old home side. 

Bond failed again.  Like I have said in previous post in years past.  Mv will never have a turf field unless we have a surprise donor or some miracle happens. 

19 hours ago, Jeepster89 said:

Bond failed again.  Like I have said in previous post in years past.  Mv will never have a turf field unless we have a surprise donor or some miracle happens. 

Sounded like it wasnt really very close either. I know you guys are very disappointed for sure. Keep the faith though because many here in winny had the same thought but it eventually happened so never say never.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mineola is in the process of have new turf installed...old turf was 8 years old and saw a lot of use between football and band... Jackets lost some coaches to Canton where coach Ragle takes over at his alma mater...OC went back to the school he came from...Redding transferred to Van after a dispute over playing time during Baseball...will be interesting to see how thing go...

47 minutes ago, gamewatcher63 said:

Mineola is in the process of have new turf installed...old turf was 8 years old and saw a lot of use between football and band... Jackets lost some coaches to Canton where coach Ragle takes over at his alma mater...OC went back to the school he came from...Redding transferred to Van after a dispute over playing time during Baseball...will be interesting to see how thing go...

22 right. 22 left. 22 middle. pretty good starting point at least.

45 minutes ago, gamewatcher63 said:

22 out of gas 3rd quarter. 22 out of gas 4th quarter…he can do it all but I would like to see some help…

I know there will be some other guys with talent, it will just come down to the ability to utilize those to the best of their ability. Its obviously difficult to take it out of 22s hands but the amount of energy he will be expending on both sides of the ball will most definitely wear him down quicker. I think having TJ healthy will help alot too as he can take some of that load himself. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jeepster89 said:

Mv schedule finally dropped.  Not sure I like having the bye week right before the last game of district play. 

625956E3-3729-477F-BDB8-53560D6C2D9C.jpeg

Our bye is the very last week which i have always had mixed feelings about. Looking forward to a great season. 

5 hours ago, chevyman said:

Our bye is the very last week which i have always had mixed feelings about. Looking forward to a great season. 

The good thing with that week at least is you get an extra week of practice for first round of playoffs and the kids get to be fresh for the playoffs.  

MV’s online will be much better than expected this year- maybe even better than last year - MV has a couple online with d2 and D3 offers already - the biggest question mark will be Receivers but from what I heard that may not be a problem either - look for a early polished team this year in Franklin County 

Guest Tiger03lb
20 minutes ago, mvtigerbacker said:

MV’s online will be much better than expected this year- maybe even better than last year - MV has a couple online with d2 and D3 offers already - the biggest question mark will be Receivers but from what I heard that may not be a problem either - look for a early polished team this year in Franklin County 

How many are returning starters from last season? Heard you guys had a lot to replace on the Oline. 

12 hours ago, mvtigerbacker said:

I think the receivers will be solid as well based on what i watched in 7 on 7. There is absolutely no replacement for Coffman but as a group i think theyll be fine. No question the Tigers will be a threat not only in district but in the whole state. I will make a prediction that by the time the purple people come to Winny on October 7th they will be ranked either 1 or 2 

Guest Tiger03lb
4 hours ago, chevyman said:

I think the receivers will be solid as well based on what i watched in 7 on 7. There is absolutely no replacement for Coffman but as a group i think theyll be fine. No question the Tigers will be a threat not only in district but in the whole state. I will make a prediction that by the time the purple people come to Winny on October 7th they will be ranked either 1 or 2 

Depending on how Lorena/Franklin/Brock do from there schedules compared to MV's. There's no comparison, could see MV anywhere from the 1 to 3 spot in rankings but they are only making it higher due to those three teams strength of schedules. No I'm not saying they aren't good or a top 5 team but strength of schedule does play apart of it. 

On 7/30/2022 at 11:26 AM, Tiger03lb said:

Depending on how Lorena/Franklin/Brock do from there schedules compared to MV's. There's no comparison, could see MV anywhere from the 1 to 3 spot in rankings but they are only making it higher due to those three teams strength of schedules. No I'm not saying they aren't good or a top 5 team but strength of schedule does play apart of it. 

Definitely agree with that. Honestly i wasnt even factoring that in when i made that statement. No question they are 4 of the best teams in the state regardless of how their pre-district record ends up.