District 5-3A Division 1 2022-2024

chevyman

On 8/6/2022 at 11:04 AM, Tiger03lb said:

I wouldn't put to much into that list. Missed a few teams, imo. Plus that is Maxpreps. 

On 8/6/2022 at 10:17 PM, Jeepster89 said:

Was just posting an article. 

Translates as “butthurt Malakoff isn’t on the list” 

• LOL! 1

Guest Tiger03lb
5 hours ago, Blazin97 said:

Translates as “butthurt Malakoff isn’t on the list” 

I'm not butt hurt at all. 😆 I wouldn't even put Malakoff on there. That wasn't and isn't even the case. But looking at the article from Maxprep's and if you look of who's on there and who's not, which I'm hoping that you did. You'd probably say the same thing and if you didn't, well deep down you know that it's true.

Not to mention it's maxpreps. Just my opinion

11 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

I'm not butt hurt at all. 😆 I wouldn't even put Malakoff on there. That wasn't and isn't even the case. But looking at the article from Maxprep's and if you look of who's on there and who's not, which I'm hoping that you did. You'd probably say the same thing and if you didn't, well deep down you know that it's true.

Not to mention it's maxpreps. Just my opinion

Yes it’s not the most insightful list, but it still is kind of a cool thing they are recognizing small schools. 
Carthage fits the criteria and it’s an absolute disgrace they aren’t on the list. Lol 

Guest Tiger03lb
18 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

Yes it’s not the most insightful list, but it still is kind of a cool thing they are recognizing small schools. 
Carthage fits the criteria and it’s an absolute disgrace they aren’t on the list. Lol 

Yes it is and I get why jeepster was posting it and get it. I wasn't trying to down MV at all by the way. I know you guys got a good team this year, I may play around a little on here. But I save butt hurting the MV folk on the app. Lol. 

And yes I'm surprised Carthage hasn't thrown a fit about that yet. Lol

29 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Yes it is and I get why jeepster was posting it and get it. I wasn't trying to down MV at all by the way. I know you guys got a good team this year, I may play around a little on here. But I save butt hurting the MV folk on the app. Lol. 

And yes I'm surprised Carthage hasn't thrown a fit about that yet. Lol

Ya I was just messing around too, have to find something to bs about before the games start. Should be a fun region again this year 

Guest Tiger03lb
2 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

Ya I was just messing around too, have to find something to bs about before the games start. Should be a fun region again this year 

Definitely. 

Scrimmage update from Dekalb

Controlled part - Winny 1 Dekalb 1

Live part - Dekalb 3 Winny 0

All in all it was a scrimmage. Thought DK looked good. They have some great athletes. Winny had some struggles but nothing that cant be worked out. Saw some good and some bad. Looking forward to the next one. Best part was nobody got hurt for the Raiders, unfortunately i believe a young man from DK appeared to have broken his arm hope hes okay.

Side note, Winny JV Red looked real good scoring 5-6 tds and throwing for probably 300+ yards. Going to be fun to watch them this year.

Minny vs Winona scrimmage

Minny 1st team JV  2 TD,s looked good, incoming fish class has some size 

Minny vs Winona varsity

neither team scored, Mineola 1st team D started out quick and didn’t allow any 1st downs during first 15 play session 

Minny 1st team Off. Had some good running plays, passing is off, needs work. Unfortunately had a starting receiver come out with a leg injury trying to break up a interception. Hope for a quick recovery.

Next Friday is in Caddo Mills at 6 pm. I will try to be there….

MV did ok against Caddo Mills- Starters played very little - MV has good speed at the receivers and the OLINE looked solid with good size looked bigger up front - Depth will be a concern as 2’s and 3’s didn’t look good at all outside of RB - MV has two really good RB’s - Caddo has a decent team as well - When MV has 1’s in it was all MV but when 2’s and 3’s (who played most of the scrimmage) played Caddo controlled the game - it will be another good year in MV provided the injury bug doesn’t show up to bad - MV also never showed their kicking game  in the contest - don’t know what to make of that 

6 hours ago, mvtigerbacker said:

MV did ok against Caddo Mills- Starters played very little - MV has good speed at the receivers and the OLINE looked solid with good size looked bigger up front - Depth will be a concern as 2’s and 3’s didn’t look good at all outside of RB - MV has two really good RB’s - Caddo has a decent team as well - When MV has 1’s in it was all MV but when 2’s and 3’s (who played most of the scrimmage) played Caddo controlled the game - it will be another good year in MV provided the injury bug doesn’t show up to bad - MV also never showed their kicking game  in the contest - don’t know what to make of that 

All onside kicks and no punts this year?  I like that strategy.  Stop us if you can.

On 8/14/2022 at 7:45 AM, mvtigerbacker said:

Will be having to replace a very very good kicker

Winny vs Community scrimmage last night. Winny looked much better on both sides of the ball. JV Grey and JV Red also looked very solid. Once again everyone got out unscathed of any injuries so now looking forward to the real deal next week.

Guest Tiger03lb

I went and seen the MV/Eustace scrimmage since I didn't want to get wet for the koff scrimmage. 

Seen both good and bad from each team. I thought it was a good scrimmage for both and not a waste of time. I was more surprised about Eustace giving the coaching issue during the summer in filling in vacancies. 

I believe they ran 40 plays, no live qtrs

First series 

#1s

MV-0 Eustace-0

#2s

MV-0 Eustace-0

Second series 

#1s

MV-2 Eustace-0

#2s

MV-1 Eustace-0

Mineola @ Caddo Mills scrimmage

Jackets O first series looked crisp and sliced through CM Def. 70 yds for TD mixing run and passing. CM started getting mouthy with Pendergrass and he promptly ran over their LB at the goal line for the TD.

Jacket D looked good against CM 1‘s but the Jacket DB’s let some reciever’s get behind them but they either dropped the ball or it was off target. That can be worked on before next week. 

I’m encouraged by the size of the JV players…they have some that also played with the varsity and they did a good job. Overall I’m ready to see how this season plays out, if the Jackets can stay healthy they will compete with anyone…GO JACKETS!!!!

On 8/19/2022 at 8:05 AM, gamewatcher63 said:

Week 1 games:

MV @ Quinlan Ford

Edgewood @ Commerce

Canton @ Mineola

Lone Oak @ Rains

Paul Pewitt @ Winnsboro

Pottsboro @ Van Alstyne

S &S Con. @ Bonham

Give me

MV

Commerce