District 5-3A Division 1 2022-2024

chevyman

Mv-48

quinlan-28

gotta get the jitters out on offense. O line looked shaky at times and qb as well. Hope Boone is ok going forward and doesn’t have a concussion. Wish we would have put back ups in sooner just to protect starters but I understand getting the reps. 

Winny over Canton 62-37. Was down 21-6 with a minute left in first quarter. QB Finney had a big night with 500 yards passing 5 tds through the air 2 on the ground. Receiver Deaton with 250 yards receiving 2 tds. Was it perfect? No but we are continuing to get better every day. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Mineola came out in the first half against HS acting like they didn’t know how to play. Mustangs we’re running the ball at will and Minny offense looked anemic. Jackets finally scored right before halftime to make it 14-7 HS.

Second half….I still don’t think HS knows what hit them, 22 and 3 ran like crazy for 37 points. The Mustangs did not quit though and made the final 44-34. 

Next up West Rusk…. will be a fun one. 

27 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Damn it man lol. 759 yards? 

I told y’all Eagle 8.  It was like Madden last night, and fast.  Winny was in better shape and their defense made some key stops and takeaways going down the stretch.  If they can find a way to just get a stop per quarter they will be a handful.  Not sure they are ready for MV yet but they are certainly heading in that direction.

• Like 1

Just now, PantherNation2015 said:

I told y’all Eagle 8.  It was like Madden last night, and fast.  Winny was in better shape and their defense made some key stops and takeaways going down the stretch.  If they can find a way to just get a stop per quarter they will be a handful.  Not sure they are ready for MV yet but they are certainly heading in that direction.

They will not do that to MV. 

2 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

They will not do that to MV. 

Of course not.  But they won’t 3 yards them to death either.  QB is confident enough now to read the defense and take what they give.  This approach gives them a better chance.  Canton had zero answer at the DB positions for Winny WR group.  So they just kept throwing.  😂

Just now, Jeepster89 said:

Could be looking at a shake up in district standings after last night. Rumors. Again let me preface “rumors” are mv starting qb may have tore his acl and also there free safety broke his collar bone.  

Makes me sick to my stomach man. Its bigger than football and i hate that news. Those kids will rally though I guarantee. Can’t forget 0 is still back there and is one of the best around. 

I know conventional wisdom would say that there will be a big shakeup with these injuries but i think we would be naive to think that the Tigers will just lay down. McGill is one of the best running backs in the state and that defense still has plenty of great players. Obviously losing your general is tough but those kids will rally. Willard is no dummy so im certain he will have a plan.

2 minutes ago, chevyman said:

I know conventional wisdom would say that there will be a big shakeup with these injuries but i think we would be naive to think that the Tigers will just lay down. McGill is one of the best running backs in the state and that defense still has plenty of great players. Obviously losing your general is tough but those kids will rally. Willard is no dummy so im certain he will have a plan.

I definitely think this changes things. How could it not ?  MV will have to find a way to not become one dimensional on offense. I am sure they have a decent backup but Bennett was special. Any other kid playing quarterback against us would have been sacked several times. He would move his way out of it and run or throw a dart down field. That is hard to replace.  The MV defense is solid so that helps but they will have to change their entire game plan. Should be interesting. Really hate hearing about the injuries especially the seniors. 

6 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

I definitely think this changes things. How could it not ?  MV will have to find a way to not become one dimensional on offense. I am sure they have a decent backup but Bennett was special. Any other kid playing quarterback against us would have been sacked several times. He would move his way out of it and run or throw a dart down field. That is hard to replace.  The MV defense is solid so that helps but they will have to change their entire game plan. Should be interesting. Really hate hearing about the injuries especially the seniors. 

Oh no doubt it will be a big adjustment. I just dont think people should write them off. Ironically enough, Bennetts older brother played here in Winny and tore his acl his senior year as well in 2008. He was a great player too. 

1 hour ago, chevyman said:

I hope the kid puts on a brace, a headset, and mentors the backup on the sidelines the rest of the season. 

16 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

Definitely, I feel really bad for the kid. He definitely felt like this year was unfinished business/redemption tour and I’m sure it’s devastating to him. 
MV has solid replacements and will be fine, I’m not sure how high our ceiling is without a key piece like Bennett. 

7 hours ago, Blazin97 said:

Definitely, I feel really bad for the kid. He definitely felt like this year was unfinished business/redemption tour and I’m sure it’s devastating to him. 
MV has solid replacements and will be fine, I’m not sure how high our ceiling is without a key piece like Bennett. 

I know its apples to oranges but im reminded by Briles first year after the brothers were ruled inelgible they went to a straight wildcat offense with Holleman and it just didnt work out. I think that Willard will have a good plan and not have to revert to that strategy. I think the biggest difference will be the loss of Bennetts ability to run and the extra stress that puts on a defense. I envision alot of short passes and anything that can get the ball in 0s hand the most. We cant forget the outstanding players that are still on the defensive side and in my opinion, they will start carrying the load

5 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Here we go boys. Real deal starts now. Looks like MV, Winny, and Minny are the cream of the crop with Potts right behind. Going to be fun

I think Potts is a few steps ahead of Minny honestly. MV should continue to get better, but running 75% wildcat like we did last night doesn’t seem like a recipe for long term success

Guest Tiger03lb

MV/Winny will fight it out for DC, imo. 

That game is gonna be a shootout. Bring extra popcorn for the show. 

Minny/Potts for 3rd/4th

I'd give the edge to Minny if Pendergrass is healthy.