Jump to content

District 5-3A Division 1 2022-2024


chevyman
 Share

Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

I think Potts is a few steps ahead of Minny honestly. MV should continue to get better, but running 75% wildcat like we did last night doesn’t seem like a recipe for long term success

Pendergrass will run for 300 against potts if they haven’t gotten anymore physical since last year. To be frank I haven’t scouted potts yet so i might have a different opinion on them. If that wildcat produces 65 points I think id be just fine with it. Really intrigued by next week’s matchup with Minny and you guys

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

I like Potts over Minny right now. 

I just feel that Pendergrass is the difference make in that game

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Last night MV only ran wildcat between #1 and 0, the times they tried to throw were not good. Pendergrass ran wildcat but he threw alot and had numerous passes dropped for at least 150-200 yards and possibly 2-3 TD's. MV defense did a better job later in the game loading the box and shutting down running lanes...Mineola should have started throwing every time...would have had a better chance and #22 was throwing the ball well by putting it where the Jacket receivers could catch it, they just have to be more aggressive getting the ball.   

If MV doesn't improve in pass coverage Winny will torch them....  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/24/2022 at 1:28 PM, gamewatcher63 said:

Last night MV only ran wildcat between #1 and 0, the times they tried to throw were not good. Pendergrass ran wildcat but he threw alot and had numerous passes dropped for at least 150-200 yards and possibly 2-3 TD's. MV defense did a better job later in the game loading the box and shutting down running lanes...Mineola should have started throwing every time...would have had a better chance and #22 was throwing the ball well by putting it where the Jacket receivers could catch it, they just have to be more aggressive getting the ball.   

If MV doesn't improve in pass coverage Winny will torch them....  

 

It appeared to me that Minnys bugaboo continues to be tackling. The limited film that i have seen whether it was the Canton game or the MV game the other night, they just could not get the guys on the ground. #1 and #0 both broke big runs that couldve been stopped for very minimal gains if they had tackled better.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Standings through 5 games(4 games for Potts)

TEAMS                  PF        PA

MV 5-0  (1-0)       259      126

Winny 5-0 (1-0)   281       134

Commerce 3-2 (1-0)   187    169

Potts  3-1 (0-0)    171       122

Minny 2-3 (0-1)    153      198

Bonham 2-3 (0-1)  142    208

Rains 1-4 (0-1)      84      212

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Heck no. Y’all are way better than a QB’less MV team. Hell sabine beat them before when they didn’t have a QB. 

Sabine didn't fair too well against the "QB'less MV team" this year lol!  We'll see how it all plays out!  As chevyman said...one game at a time.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

This is Winnsboros district to lose. 

 

15 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

With Bennett out, I think so as well. 

We’ll see. We have 2 decent QBs that have stood on the sidelines the last two weeks. They get a lot of reps in practice but haven’t been used much in the games yet. 
I’m sure we will see one of them soon 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

 

We’ll see. We have 2 decent QBs that have stood on the sidelines the last two weeks. They get a lot of reps in practice but haven’t been used much in the games yet. 
I’m sure we will see one of them soon 

No reason to in my honest personal opinion. You have two excellent players on offense. The current offensive attack puts them touching the ball on every play minus a few. They’ve ran for 1000 yards the last two games utilizing that approach. If it were me, I wouldn’t change and take it out of their hands 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Tiger03lb
52 minutes ago, chevyman said:

No reason to in my honest personal opinion. You have two excellent players on offense. The current offensive attack puts them touching the ball on every play minus a few. They’ve ran for 1000 yards the last two games utilizing that approach. If it were me, I wouldn’t change and take it out of their hands 

At some point they'll hit a wall. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

At some point they'll hit a wall. 

Thats true but im not taking the ball out of my 2 horses hands and putting it in the hands of unproven players although they are likely talented and will contribute down the road, just not sure that time is now. The only way you could convince me would be if you actually turn them loose and open the playbook. All ive seen so far is them handing off or trying to run a zone read with no success.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...