District 5-3A Division 1 2022-2024

chevyman

Guest Tiger03lb
19 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Thats true but im not taking the ball out of my 2 horses hands and putting it in the hands of unproven players although they are likely talented and will contribute down the road, just not sure that time is now. The only way you could convince me would be if you actually turn them loose and open the playbook. All ive seen so far is them handing off or trying to run a zone read with no success.

I agreed on everything. 

The bigger picture is, seeing what they have in the future now. After that class graduates, it's going down. 

9 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Thats true but im not taking the ball out of my 2 horses hands and putting it in the hands of unproven players although they are likely talented and will contribute down the road, just not sure that time is now. The only way you could convince me would be if you actually turn them loose and open the playbook. All ive seen so far is them handing off or trying to run a zone read with no success.

The Jacket D is averaging giving up 40 points per game, they get out of control and positioning and a good runner will make them pay by bouncing off and changing directions….MV went up tempo to start the second half and #0 and # 1 gashed the Jackets. 
  When MV meets a good D that breaks down/wraps up and stays in control and uses the sideline for a 12th player they will be in trouble if they can’t throw…JMHO

Standings through 6 games(5 games for Rains)

TEAMS                  PF        PA

MV 6-0  (2-0)       327     138

Winny 6-0 (2-0)   336      134

Potts  4-1 (1-0)    219       141

Commerce 3-3 (1-1)   187    224

Minny 2-4 (0-2)    172      246

Bonham 2-4 (0-2)  154    276

Rains 1-4 (0-1)      84      212

On 9/28/2022 at 2:51 PM, Tiger03lb said:

I agreed on everything. 

The bigger picture is, seeing what they have in the future now. After that class graduates, it's going down. 

They will still return some good players on both sides of the ball but no doubt it will be hard to replace some very successful 3 year players.

I think the Raiders will be District Champs but will have a tough game with Potts…Potts and MV will come in 2/3… that game will be a dog fight…4th place is between Commerce and Mineola…really not sure about the Jackets this year…had high hopes but they just don’t play very well…I said after last season that someone was going to have to step up and help #22…hasn’t been happening so far…

Standings through 7 games

Winny 7-0 (3-0)   364      148

Potts  5-1 (2-0)    274       155

MV 6-1  (2-1)       341     166

Commerce 4-3 (2-1)   211    245

Minny 2-4 (0-2)    172      246

Rains 1-5 (0-2)      105      236

Bonham 2-5 (0-3)  168    331

Just found out that Moreland had knee surgery this week for ACL and is out till probably mid BB season…Jackets can’t catch a break…Pendergrass can throw fairly well so I hope the Off. can mix it up so they don’t get stuck just running wildcat all the time…also hope some of the other injured players make it back soon to help out 

13 hours ago, gamewatcher63 said:

Just found out that Moreland had knee surgery this week for ACL and is out till probably mid BB season…Jackets can’t catch a break…Pendergrass can throw fairly well so I hope the Off. can mix it up so they don’t get stuck just running wildcat all the time…also hope some of the other injured players make it back soon to help out 

If he tore his acl he won’t be back for bb my friend 

• 2 weeks later...

Standings through 9 games

Potts  7-1 (4-0)    362       197

Winny 8-1 (4-1)   438      220

MV 8-1  (4-1)       462     217

Commerce 4-4 (2-2)   235    289

Minny 3-5 (1-3)    276      305

Rains 1-7 (0-4)      139      365

Bonham 2-6 (0-4)  188    399

21 hours ago, Jeepster89 said:

328714D6-B1BD-4C5F-AB7D-75FE4E01F4EC.jpegTwo of the top 5 rushes in the state in our little neck of the woods. 

Winny has one of the top quarterbacks in passing yards and a receiver as well. Qb is top 35 in the nation last time I checked. 

Crazy to see the athletes from this small part of east Texas. All extremely talented. 

19 hours ago, Treyclark said:

Anyone know how the tie breakers are setup for District 5 if MV were to beat Pottsboro?

If MV beats Pottsboro then Winny gets first place in district. If not then Winny gets 2nd and MV 3rd. 

All based around points, negative and positive scores. Hard as hell to explain. 

5 minutes ago, Witb107 said:

If MV beats Pottsboro then Winny gets first place in district. If not then Winny gets 2nd and MV 3rd. 

I could explain it if I knew the cap. 

8 minutes ago, Witb107 said:

In a tie breaker situation, Winny is +13 but yalls district likely has a 17 point cap so Winny is in pretty good shape. Just need to be as close to the cap as possible. Best to handle business and not have to worry about it. Lol

Edited by Tatum_DirtyBird

1 minute ago, chevyman said:

Theoretically you can get real particular and have the mindset that you need one seeding over the other but at the end of the day, you are going to have to beat good teams irregardless of seed to make a run.

Yeah but there are definitely easier paths depending on where you finish in your district. 

7 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

In a tie breaker situation, Winny is +13 but yalls district likely has a 17 point cap so Winny is in pretty good shape. Just need to be as close to the cap as possible. Best to handle business and not have to worry about it. Lol

Our district is 21....... It's almost always usually 21 or 17... I have seen a 19 before though..