The official 2022 2AD2 District 11 smack talk thread.

GreezyChef

On 3/31/2022 at 12:26 PM, 89Falcon said:

With all of the chaos in Tenaha, it seems that whatever chance existed for someone to beat Alto may now be out the window. Seems like Alto is likely be unopposed contending with Mart for the Region. 

You might want to check the local news ktre and kltv.  Looks like Alto school has topped Tenaha in the chaos department.

• LOL! 1

On 5/12/2022 at 1:52 PM, Doomer said:

115% probability Carlisle fields a danged sharp kicker. 107% Carlisle, Alto and Tenehaw has above average team speed. Truestorie 

Well...our kicker signed with Tyler college a couple days ago,  but I think we got a couple spares laying around somewhere..if not we will add a couple to our cart...👀

• Like 1

On 4/29/2022 at 4:23 PM, RHSeaglefan said:

You might want to check the local news ktre and kltv.  Looks like Alto school has topped Tenaha in the chaos department.

Hi @RHSeaglefan , just wanted to say hello and you might think about checking your own house before you start throwing stones. At least 4 fights in Rusk this week alone and a starter booted off the baseball team….. Generally my rule is that if you can’t say something nice, keep your mouth shut. I know not everyone in this day and age of the keyboard warriors can do that. I try.

I don’t generally talk about family business/drama on social media…..that’s handled in house where it belongs. Yes, there have been some issues at Alto HS but better days ahead. Being in portable buildings for 3 years has been a challenge. Not many other schools can relate. Kids having to travel from that portable campus through the parking lot to cafeteria, ag building, field house, gym, library.  It’s been kind of a logistical nightmare with everyone spread all over, battling the elements and having more freedoms than are normal. We did the best we could do under the circumstances.

We dedicated our new high school building on Tuesday and kids are finally HOME in our brand new, state-of-the-art facility starting tomorrow (Monday). This is an incredible positive. And what a night of celebration we had Tuesday with close to 1,000 folks in attendance!

Our superintendent, who has been in the district for 25+ years, is a hero. A few folks (very few…a handful actually) have bashed her, but she has absolutely handled these situations (from tornadoes to death to public forums) with grace, love, and determination along the hard road. She did not have to schedule any forums at all. There are public meetings once a month in the form of board meetings and do you know how many folks have spoken in community comments prior to the forums? The answer is zero this year. In the last 10 years, there have been 5 times when someone has spoken. And the majority of those were POSITIVE comments. She scheduled forums to LISTEN to the concerns. She had 3 forums, one for each campus for convenience sake….not because things were so bad that it took 3 forums. Really, everything that was said could’ve been said at one forum in one night. Basically the same couple people spoke at each forum. The news people picked up the story (I’m sure they got a call) after the first one and ran with it, casting the district in the worst possible light. That’s what the news does. It’s how they generate interest and get clicks on their sites.

You mentioned that “about 100 kids from the entire district have transferred out to Rusk, Wells, ext., hence the drop to small 2A.” I checked on that and you are wrong. 30 kids total district wide are transfers OUT (including home schoolers) while 29 kids total are transfers IN. I hate that any kid would transfer out because we have a great school district but that is a far cry from the 100 you state.

I’m excited about our future. As was stated at our dedication ceremony last week, our future is now in the form of this beautiful new facility. We thoroughly enjoyed celebrating our rich history and tradition last week, and now we look to our future….ALTOgether. The athletic department launched the #goldstandard meeting the same night and the highest expectations have been set. Great days ahead for sure!

We also dedicated the new coliseum and the court was named after Vonte: the Devonte Mumphrey Memorial Court. How fitting!! AND his dad got to sink the first free throw that night. It was amazing and special to celebrate Vonte’s memory and our new facility.

Here are a few links about our dedication to check out! Good to see that news stations do POSITIVE features also!

https://www.ktre.com/2022/05/11/alto-isd-dedicates-new-buildings-wake-devastating-tornado/

https://www.ketk.com/news/local-news/alto-isd-unveils-new-buildings-names-basketball-court-after-student-who-passed-away/

https://www.cbs19.tv/article/news/local/alto-community-continues-to-remember-high-school-basketball-player/501-d53a139c-2136-472b-b999-3ae0020149ad

https://www.jacksonvilleprogress.com/news/the-wait-is-over-alto-isd-dedicates-3-new-school-buildings/article_e78a14dc-d0c9-11ec-afa4-af35d0a223c7.html?utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR1UDDXobLEFMIouw5CWVnEUXgstG8KH8XPt8rGhyvfGrbr6Toz9YpLxrQc

1F391D10-53B4-4CA8-A69D-0DBA59AB25F4.jpeg

4BCC2E5A-70B8-40D9-B5A8-E422281C6949.jpeg

4DDC336D-902F-40B4-9BD9-B7FA2191B15A.jpeg

3DEBE2FD-A2C1-4397-A580-B650AB76C094.jpeg

424E1458-B3EF-44F8-97D3-9DD5DD917551.jpeg

BAA2AB9C-C27B-4141-A6C1-88E5D7BAA512.jpeg

4CE30F85-3B97-46E4-A428-CCD18EA20E2A.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, BigLion10 said:

I love the honeycomb lights those are sweet!

Thanks!  The lighting was one of the things most folks mentioned when they went into the building the first time!  Goodwin-Lasiter-Strong did a nice job.....down to the little details like lighting and the countertops in the offices!

On 5/16/2022 at 4:06 PM, StingEmALTO said:

Thanks!  The lighting was one of the things most folks mentioned when they went into the building the first time!  Goodwin-Lasiter-Strong did a nice job.....down to the little details like lighting and the countertops in the offices!

Lookin good brother ✌️

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, StillGreezy said:

Top 4 is solid. 

Tenaha lost a lot to graduation.  I'm surprised that they are in the top 10.

Chilton was not a good team last year. 

They will not be ranked that after they play Alto.

2 hours ago, StillGreezy said:

Top 4 is solid. 

You look at the returning numbers for the top ten? Some them homeys brought back very limited number from last year 

On 6/24/2022 at 1:29 PM, StillGreezy said:

Top 4 is solid. 

Chilton benefited from a weak Region 3 in 2021.  Price Carlisle and Alto will give the region much needed depth.