The official 2022 2AD2 District 11 smack talk thread.

GreezyChef

11 hours ago, TomBrady said:

Wouldn’t be shocked if Alto “won” this district now. They were probably going to win it anyways.

Don't overreach...,we brought back 9/10  from a classification higher,before dropping down.some of us can run and throw,just like big boy football...watch and let's see how it unfolds..might be interesting to see..if I'm not mistook,most of our predistrict games are against a full classification above us 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Don't overreach...,we brought back 9/10  from a classification higher,before dropping down.some of us can run and throw,just like big boy football...watch and let's see how it unfolds..might be interesting to see..if I'm not mistook,most of our predistrict games are against a full classification above us 🤷‍♂️

We should be salty, but you never know. Just hope we stay healthy until district play starts.

13 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

And 2 of the 3 times Alto and Carlisle played the previous 2 realignments, Carlisle won correct?

On 8/4/2022 at 9:33 AM, TomBrady said:

Wouldn’t be shocked if Alto “won” this district now. They were probably going to win it anyways.

Just like they were going to “win” the 2A D1 district they were in back in 2016-17? Or how they were going to “win” the region after finishing 10-0 against a weak schedule in 2019, then their coaches cried when they got bounced in the second round? 2007 was a long time ago. No one worries about Alto anymore. 

How is the district going to handle Alto's games for the next two years?  Will their games count and the no playoff penalty  applied at the end (the fifth place team advances after all tie breakers are applied) or will their games be forfeited to start with and their points for/against not counted?  I can see the logic of doing it either way...just one of the potential issues with this situation.

26 minutes ago, neveragain said:

How is the district going to handle Alto's games for the next two years?  Will their games count and the no playoff penalty  applied at the end (the fifth place team advances after all tie breakers are applied) or will their games be forfeited to start with and their points for/against not counted?  I can see the logic of doing it either way...just one of the potential issues with this situation.

Everyone will still play Alto, but it'll basically be considered a non-district game in the standings and in regards to district seeding.

On 8/5/2022 at 11:12 AM, villagegenius said:

And 2 of the 3 times Alto and Carlisle played the previous 2 realignments, Carlisle won correct?

Every year and every match up is different,but they were usually hard fought matches..hence my respect for alto...same with Joe..this season would have been electric had all the steaks remained the same,our match was last game...the ramifications could have been an epic match up the kids may have spoken on for years..chain out 

44 minutes ago, Jtownblue said:

I'm gonna go ahead and say this now. The Price carlisle Indians are the best team in this district and most likely the region in the next couple years. Anyone who thinks differently is living in lala land.

I think you could be correct in your assessment, but then again, I'm a little bit prejudice. Tenaha has owned us braves down here for a while now.  We shall see. By the way, we have over 40 young men out and are gonna carry 24 on varsity this season. Need a little gellin in the interior, but we are set skill wise.

On 8/9/2022 at 7:26 PM, Jtownblue said:

I'm gonna go ahead and say this now. The Price carlisle Indians are the best team in this district and most likely the region in the next couple years. Anyone who thinks differently is living in lala land.

Be careful kinfolk... if you say anything good about another school a few Joaquin guys might consider you a traitor.

23 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

You go to the scrimmage?

Yes sir, Mike and I thought they looked pretty good. We scored 4 tds but one was called back. OC didn't score on our Varsity or JV. We stay healthy and we will be a hard out. Our 3a pre district schedule is a little concerning in that regard.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, RipperRipper said:

Yes sir, Mike and I thought they looked pretty good. We scored 4 tds but one was called back. OC didn't score on our Varsity or JV. We stay healthy and we will be a hard out. Our 3a pre district schedule is a little concerning in that regard.

Well the old timers used to say (the hotter the fire the stronger the steel)...then they invented Kevlar...lol 

• Like 1

Cushing looked better as the scrimmage went on.  Didn't do much offensively in the first controlled part, but moved it pretty well during 30 minute live half.  Fumbles ruined drives.  DL was getting good penetration.  Grapeland was big up front and some pretty good skill players.  Think Grapeland scored a few times during controlled part and was 0-0 in the 30 minute half.