The official 2022 2AD2 District 11 smack talk thread.

GreezyChef

13 minutes ago, RipperRipper said:

Went to the Carlisle vs Union Grove scrimmage. They played two live quarters with Carlisle coming out on top 42 to 0. Carlisle plays at Harleton next week for season opener.

Cushing plays UG I think week 2, what'd you think of them?

1 minute ago, upullinmychain said:

Don't think ug was ready for the speed they saw tonight,they actually looked shell shocked..UG isn't a bad team,fundamentally sound,but they got caught flat footed tonight..

Out of the two live quarters, they ran the clock straight threw the last 4 minutes of the first live quarter and all of the second quarter.  It was 28 to 0 at end of 1sr. Were you able to make it to the scrimmage? 

Just now, RipperRipper said:

Out of the two live quarters, they ran the clock straight threw the last 4 minutes of the first live quarter and all of the second quarter.  It was 28 to 0 at end of 1sr. Were you able to make it to the scrimmage? 

Yes sir,I was actually impressed more with the defense,them kids bringing wood this year,refreshing to see 👀

Just now, upullinmychain said:

Yes sir,I was actually impressed more with the defense,them kids bringing wood this year,refreshing to see 👀

Yes, I overheard some guys talking about the aggressive play. Pretty good hitting from our defense. I am with you as far as defense goes. Pretty impressive reads and passes made by the QB. Really accurate passer.

1 hour ago, RipperRipper said:

Yes, I overheard some guys talking about the aggressive play. Pretty good hitting from our defense. I am with you as far as defense goes. Pretty impressive reads and passes made by the QB. Really accurate passer.

He threw a couple int's the last game he played last year,I'm sure that ate on him all offseason,looks like he has worked very hard on his accuracy and the speed of his throws,kid looks really good this set of scrimmages..honestly he looks hungry,he ain't trying to run a whole lot,but seems like he's pushing it up field better and making his reads quick.Hope he has a breakout year..but if he needs to take off,he has some wheels and can get up field pretty quick.

• Like 1

I thought we looked really good and man  hope that "D" stays hungry I knew the the "O" would be talented but the "D" was the big surprise to me. Looks like they worked really hard in the offseason, one more change from early season last year I didn't see one kid have a cramp.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2022 at 9:32 AM, upullinmychain said:

Ripper Ripper how long has it been since we had a TE who could catch the rock and block well,that was a new wrinkle last night,caught me and ug off gaurd...lol 

A long time. Secondary will have to be very disciplined to cover slants, flat, and deep ball at the same time. I like the new wrinkles.

9 hours ago, TomBrady said:

Shelbyville at Alto - Shelbyville

Carlisle at Harelton- Carlisle 

Cushing at Cayuga- Cushing

Deweyville at Mt Enterprise- Deweyville

Boles at Overton- Boles

West Sabine @ Tenaha- Tenaha

I second this!

Cushing lost 32-7; 3 turnovers deep in Cayuga’s territory.  Bearkats have three starters on the line back and very capable quarterback and some speed…. But it will take a while for it to come together.  

Will have to travel to Deweyville Friday… if weather holds up.  Looking like a long season for the Bearkats.

Anyone know how the Boles-Overton game settled out… it was 14-0 Boles when I couldn’t bear looking at the Friday Night Football app any longer.  Scores still are not updated most likely due to all the difficulty navigating a jumpy screen.