The official 2022 2AD2 District 11 smack talk thread.

GreezyChef

OK,my take on the season three weeks in..

Some we thought were gonna be good,may not be as good as we assumed.

Some we assumed were gonna be bad may actually shape up and play gritty.

And then there are one  that have opted for a gunshow instead of a true lock down defense.

This district could get weird and be a mess after the first round of playoffs..

Carlisle has two opponents back to back that run old school slot /wing offenses so maybe we get a chance to get a little saltier and rough before our dist play starts.  What's yalls opinion going forward with your respective teams 🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

OK,my take on the season three weeks in..

Some we thought were gonna be good,may not be as good as we assumed.

Some we assumed were gonna be bad may actually shape up and play gritty.

And then there are one  that have opted for a gunshow instead of a true lock down defense.

This district could get weird and be a mess after the first round of playoffs..

Carlisle has two opponents back to back that run old school slot /wing offenses so maybe we get a chance to get a little saltier and rough before our dist play starts.  What's yalls opinion going forward with your respective teams 🤷‍♂️

My take off on what I’m seeing is Carlisle is on top all by themselves. 2 nd and 3 rd place will be a battle between Cushing and Tenaha.  4 th place well I’m thinking Mount Enterprise.  Overton and Alto is out!

This is the way I am seeing it.

1. Carlisle

2. Tenaha

3. Cushing (Due to Alto)

4. Overton

Alto and Mt. E out.

Cushing is inconsistent having only one good performance so far. If they could get it together they would have the number 2 spot in the bag. However, the kids are only focused on getting to the playoffs to get their first playoff win, not on beating either Alto or Tenaha. 

• Like 1

Seen where our opponent next week got blown completely off the field by Cooper..that ain't gonna get us stronger....Troup took down buffalo so they showing strength....our schedule is a hodge podge of up and down teams,Harleton played white oak decent but Troup blew white oak away 🤷‍♂️...and arp lost to Joe,garrison and US...don't know how to read the tea leaves with that mess...anybody got any insight how that should settle out for us?

57 minutes ago, Swingbatter said:

This is the way I am seeing it.

1. Carlisle

2. Tenaha

3. Cushing (Due to Alto)

4. Overton

Alto and Mt. E out.

Cushing is inconsistent having only one good performance so far. If they could get it together they would have the number 2 spot in the bag. However, the kids are only focused on getting to the playoffs to get their first playoff win, not on beating either Alto or Tenaha. 

I agree, Cushing has got to get more consistent!  

On 9/12/2022 at 11:20 AM, Kat77 said:

I agree, Cushing has got to get more consistent!  

Problem is tempo and turnovers from what I’ve seen so far.  I’ve noticed a change in offense with the split backfield and I heard there are some changes to the defense.  I can see wrinkles on both sides here there to adjust to your opponent.  It fines t work if you do t hang on to the ball.

Hopefully the Bearkats will get rolling these next two weeks.  After that, there is a bye week and then the start of District play.

Just now, HulaKat said:

Problem is tempo and turnovers from what I’ve seen so far.  I’ve noticed a change in offense with the split backfield and I heard there are some changes to the defense.  I can see wrinkles on both sides here there to adjust to your opponent.  It fines t work if you do t hang on to the ball.

Hopefully the Bearkats will get rolling these next two weeks.  After that, there is a bye week and then the start of District play.

It doesn’t work….smh

gotta pay more attention to this keyboard…lol

• 2 weeks later...

Think the top 3 in this district can win round 1.  Whoever draws Lovelady won't.  I got Tenaha, Cushing, and Overton as the last three.  Can Cushing or Overton beat Tenaha?  And not sure how this district would matchup in round 2?  Mart district and the Maud district?

1 hour ago, Red90fly said:

Think the top 3 in this district can win round 1.  Whoever draws Lovelady won't.  I got Tenaha, Cushing, and Overton as the last three.  Can Cushing or Overton beat Tenaha?  And not sure how this district would matchup in round 2?  Mart district and the Maud district?

Harleton smoked Maud and it wasn't even funny,if clay hadn't stomped the brakes we would have hung half a hundred on Harleton...maybe wortham is a rowdy group over there.

Edited by upullinmychain

OK,we are at the season split,what's the consensus? What do we know about our teams? What's our strength and weaknesses? How likely are we to improve and get good enough to handle round 2 of the playoffs? Are injuries taking a toll? Nagging nicks? Are the kids in your schools programs getting better as the season progresses? 

Carlisle has looked really good. They should be fine in district if they bring their A game.

Tenaha has the upper hand for 2nd. Would be shocked if anyone below them knocks them off.

Cushing is a step down from the top 2 for sure, but should take the 3rd spot.

Mt E and Overton battle it out for the last spot. Not sure who is gonna take that one. 

4 hours ago, Red90fly said:

Last year mart’s district swept mauds. If Iola keeps it close or beats maud this week they might get swept again. 

17 hours ago, ClydesBoys96 said:

I can see this but maybe Cushing gives Tenaha a good game if they play mistake free.  I seen that Tenaha threw 4 interceptions last week.   

Overton can beat mt enterprise.   I gotta believe.  

Tenaha was in way over their heads last week,4 int's is not surprising..that could happen to any of us competing at that level, not even hating on em for that..Dekalb ain't no joke for a 2aD2 school to strap on when not injured.

I see Carlisle winning this district. Alto would have been interesting to see in the standings. Cushing I believe may pull out the two seed with Tenaha. Should be a good one between the two for that spot. The 4 seed will most likely be Overton.  But that will also be a toss up. Carlisle should win the district though.