The official 2022 2AD2 District 11 smack talk thread.

GreezyChef

Tonight is setting the tone in 11 2aD2 

It starts here and builds going forward 

Carlisle has played some pretty big schools and fared well,are we as good as our record shows?we've lost some players for the season and maintained an even keel . We're not one dimensional but multi- facited and will be a hard out.

Has teneha healed some of their kids enough to start making a run down into dist? Has their tough schedule gotten them hardened enough to make a run on regional? We'll see.

Has cush evolved enough to force their hand in dist? We'll see going forward.

How has Overton and Mt worked to rite their ship and start back up the mountain towards the pinnacle? 

Questions will be answered tonight,for better or worse.

22 minutes ago, jacketgrad06 said:

Carlisle just showed they are the best team in the district. 

I do believe Cushing is going to pull 2nd seed. It will be close but I think this is the year they do it. 

Teneha…. Should take 3rd

Overton and Mt E should be close for 4th. 

Tenaha has athletes but they are young and raw,next year they may be a handful 👀

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jacketgrad06 said:

Carlisle just showed they are the best team in the district. 

I do believe Cushing is going to pull 2nd seed. It will be close but I think this is the year they do it. 

Teneha…. Should take 3rd

Overton and Mt E should be close for 4th. 

Is tenaha really that bad or are you underestimating how good Carlisle is. Cushing struggled with Overton and colmesneil. Unless tenaha is way worse than last year I’d think they get 2nd. 

3 minutes ago, Lion1996 said:

Is tenaha really that bad or are you underestimating how good Carlisle is. Cushing struggled with Overton and colmesneil. Unless tenaha is way worse than last year I’d think they get 2nd. 

Tenaha has struggled all year.   Cushing and Tenaha will be close I believe, but I feel Cushing is better this year. Tenaha is no where near where they were last year. Carlisle is head and shoulders the best team. 

Edited by jacketgrad06

7 minutes ago, Lion1996 said:

Truthfully I don't know, been watching Carlisle football 15 years, this is the most loaded team yet and most are soph /Jr. But I really can't Guage them 🤷‍♂️ they have the potential to be unreal good,that I do know.And Tenaha ain't the usual Tenaha this season.

17 minutes ago, jacketgrad06 said:

Tenaha has struggled all year.   Cushing and Tenaha will be close I believe, but I feel Cushing is better this year. Tenaha is no where near where they were last year. Carlisle is head and shoulders the best team. 

If your right first round maybe pretty good games between 2nd and 3rd from district 11&12 

• Like 1

Region 3 in D2 has really 3 teams this year I believe that can truly contend. 

Mart

Lovelady

Carlisle

After that it’s a pretty good drop. 

Mart is the team to beat still.  Lovelady and Carlisle honestly are the only one I see that may have enough to pick them off, if that’s possible.  Lol

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, jacketgrad06 said:

Region 3 in D2 has really 3 teams this year I believe that can truly contend. 

Mart

Lovelady

Carlisle

After that it’s a pretty good drop. 

Mart is the team to beat still.  Lovelady and Carlisle honestly are the only one I see that may have enough to pick them off, if that’s possible.  Lol

Picking off Mart will be a tall order. I think Carlisle is good enough to be in the top 6 in the state, but if our injuries don't quit mounting......well, like said, it will be a tall order to best Mart, IF we get there. I always believe in the Indians though. Will be pulling for em no matter how far they go.

• Like 1

OK I have a question, answers won't hurt any feelings..Does Carlisle or LoveLady have enough to take down Mart? I'm not sure,I've watched all their games,I see differences that could match up well and others that will be exploited by either side.

You know that nobody is gonna slow them down in that dist and they are coming in hot 👀

Yes there's a lot of ball left to play,I know.but looking down the barrel you see it coming 🤷‍♂️

Edited by upullinmychain

4 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

OK I have a question, answers won't hurt any feelings..Does Carlisle or LoveLady have enough to take down Mart? I'm not sure,I've watched all their games,I see differences that could match up well and others that will be exploited by either side.

You know that nobody is gonna slow them down in dist and they are coming in hot 👀

Yes there's a lot of ball left to play,I know.but looking down the barrel you see it coming 🤷‍♂️

I'm referring to to mart and their dist..

1 hour ago, upullinmychain said:

You know that nobody is gonna slow them down in that dist and they are coming in hot 👀

Last year we played them a pretty good game the score doesn’t show it. They looked like they switched the offense up to a passing Against Centerville. last few years  they just run over you. Someone beat them last year so maybe one of us can this year. 

1 hour ago, Lion1996 said:

Last year we played them a pretty good game the score doesn’t show it. They looked like they switched the offense up to a passing Against Centerville. last few years  they just run over you. Someone beat them last year so maybe one of us can this year. 

Cville secondary was sus against a very good pass attack,no doubt mart Try's to exploit this.heck both of us would in same scenario, has anyone of substance tested marts in the last couple years?..

I'm gonna put this out there. Am I the only one that has noticed on Bally Sports and Dave Campbells that Carlisle ain't getting much respect? They never comment on Carlisle when they are running down the top ten and talking scenarios.  I think they need to put the rest of D2 on notice that we r comin.

Edited by RipperRipper

20 minutes ago, RipperRipper said:

I'm gonna put this out there. Am I the only one that has noticed on Bally Sports and Dave Campbells that Carlisle ain't getting much respect? They never comment on Carlisle when they are running down the top ten and talking scenarios.  I think they need to put the rest of D2 on notice that we r comin.

Those that know,know we coming....those that don't are gonna get doe popped 👀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RipperRipper said:

I wouldn’t worry about it those rankings don’t mean anything. DC ranking looks like they went off how far you made it in the playoffs last year and as long as you don’t lose you stay there. 

1 hour ago, Lion1996 said:

I wouldn’t worry about it those rankings don’t mean anything. DC ranking looks like they went off how far you made it in the playoffs last year and as long as you don’t lose you stay there. 

I agree, but it doesn't keep me from getting irritated. They are wearing out talking about Chilton, Bremond, Albany etc... etc. They could at least tell us what they think about Carlisle so we would know how they feel about it. It's like they are written in with invisible ink. The kids deserve an opinion when they are talking about 2ad2 on Bally's or on YouTube. No skin off my nose, but i would like to see it for the school, parents and the kids. I know it's petty....🥴

13 minutes ago, RipperRipper said:

I agree, but it doesn't keep me from getting irritated. They are wearing out talking about Chilton, Bremond, Albany etc... etc. They could at least tell us what they think about Carlisle so we would know how they feel about it. It's like they are written in with invisible ink. The kids deserve an opinion when they are talking about 2ad2 on Bally's or on YouTube. No skin off my nose, but i would like to see it for the school, parents and the kids. I know it's petty....🥴

They have talked good about y’all in the forums the top 10 2a d2. Lovelady has probably the best team it’s had in 3 years and they aren’t hardly talked about on smoaky 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lion1996 said:

That’s what they do every year in the small school ranks. Preseason is based strictly on what you did last year. Rankings are just click bait. 

• Like 1