The official 2022 2AD2 District 11 smack talk thread.

GreezyChef

3 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

One of them gets mart first round rite?

Overton/Tenaha loser gets Lovelady.  Winner gets Deweyville.

Cushing gets a rematch with Colmesniel (tentatively set to played at Nacogdoches HS).

Carlisle I believe gets HD?  Or is it Evadale?  Not that it matters.

On 10/28/2022 at 10:19 PM, Lion1996 said:

If they are indecisive against just one person we may give them problems when you have to worry about 3 to 4 each play. Sean has given them fits the last two years anyway 

Yep only return 3 starters on defense. Sean is a grown man and now playing qb like freeman did from mart for yall. We have a 3 headed monster back field too along with the go getter receivers. Have to cover the whole field. Good luck to yall. Pray everyone stays injury free and take it 1 game at a time

12 hours ago, bigtank05 said:

Yep only return 3 starters on defense. Sean is a grown man and now playing qb like freeman did from mart for yall. We have a 3 headed monster back field too along with the go getter receivers. Have to cover the whole field. Good luck to yall. Pray everyone stays injury free and take it 1 game at a time

Thanks y’all too. We know y’all will be there in the finals but we will have to find out who y’all play hope it LL and third times the charm 😂 

I believe this is what we are looking at this week.

#1 Carlisle vs Evadale/HD winner (maxpreps says they play today?).  Probably in Lufkin area??

#2 Cushing vs Colmesniel next Friday @ Crockett 7 pm.

#3 Tenaha vs Deweyville.  Jasper maybe??

#4 Overton vs Lovelady.  Guessing Rusk/Palestine?

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

I believe this is what we are looking at this week.

#1 Carlisle vs Evadale/HD winner (maxpreps says they play today?).  Probably in Lufkin area??

#2 Cushing vs Colmesniel next Friday @ Crockett 7 pm.

#3 Tenaha vs Deweyville.  Jasper maybe??

#4 Overton vs Lovelady.  Guessing Rusk/Palestine?

LL plays deweyville Tonight for district. 

OK,after thinking about it after 4-5 hours sleep,as physical as that game got last night and with alto having two kids go to the hospital and a couple more hurt pretty good I have a question.

Do you agree with coach pulling Brody and Clayton in second half?.

Do you make the business decision that without those two who generate most of our offense and literally are our backstop against long pass plays,do you die on that hill in alto to go 10-0 or do you try to get out of that game with everyone healthy and make a run in playoffs?

Because in Carlisle today there are a lot of people bantering it back and forth and arguing over it,everyone understands it but many don't agree with the decision.

Personally I disagree from a philosophy stand point but absolutely understand why he did it from a coaching stand point.

Carlisle,since I've been watching them,about 15 years now,has never been able to take all its starters into the post season healthy,where they can absolutely compete with anybody in the region,we've always lost key players in games leading up to playoffs and have been out gunned in second round and going forward.

It's a two edge sword and I don't envy the coaches making executive decisions sometimes.

53 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

OK,after thinking about it after 4-5 hours sleep,as physical as that game got last night and with alto having two kids go to the hospital and a couple more hurt pretty good I have a question.

Do you agree with coach pulling Brody and Clayton in second half?.

Do you make the business decision that without those two who generate most of our offense and literally are our backstop against long pass plays,do you die on that hill in alto to go 10-0 or do you try to get out of that game with everyone healthy and make a run in playoffs?

Because in Carlisle today there are a lot of people bantering it back and forth and arguing over it,everyone understands it but many don't agree with the decision.

Personally I disagree from a philosophy stand point but absolutely understand why he did it from a coaching stand point.

Carlisle,since I've been watching them,about 15 years now,has never been able to take all its starters into the post season healthy,where they can absolutely compete with anybody in the region,we've always lost key players in games leading up to playoffs and have been out gunned in second round and going forward.

It's a two edge sword and I don't envy the coaches making executive decisions sometimes.

I'm good with whatever the coaches did. I know that was pondered pretty heavy before game day, I think it hurt us more not having them on defense. Clayton played lights out on the edge until he got hurt. We had a TD called back, Alto had a TD with a waved off flag. I don't truly know what I would have done as a coach though. Alto pretty much held Brody in check and I'm not sure if he was gonna be a factor offensively. I think we have a good chance to grow and hold together as a team. We the community can stand behind Coach Baker. He had his hands full. Boy, I'm glad I wasn't called to be a coach or a pastor. Ha

13 minutes ago, RipperRipper said:

I'm good with whatever the coaches did. I know that was pondered pretty heavy before game day, I think it hurt us more not having them on defense. Clayton played lights out on the edge until he got hurt. We had a TD called back, Alto had a TD with a waved off flag. I don't truly know what I would have done as a coach though. Alto pretty much held Brody in check and I'm not sure if he was gonna be a factor offensively. I think we have a good chance to grow and hold together as a team. We the community can stand behind Coach Baker. He had his hands full. Boy, I'm glad I wasn't called to be a coach or a pastor. Ha

When you hold Brody in check,you commit 2 people to do that or it won't work all game,when you do that it gets David and clay free alot for the vertical route.

We were 31-6 at half when third started they were not in the game and the deep pass protection was gone.and the offensive power was reduced significantly and our ability to convert for firsts was reduced..

You are right,I wouldn't want to be the one to make the call.as for clay,thay shot he took to the head was almost an automatic concus protocol protection,just for safety precautions alone,but was a sore jaw 🤷‍♂️..guess I would automatically side on the decision to be cautious tho.

I have no doubts that we won't be hitting on all cylinders next week as it's do or die going forward from here on out 

NEXT...LOL wooooooo 

4 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

When you hold Brody in check,you commit 2 people to do that or it won't work all game,when you do that it gets David and clay free alot for the vertical route.

We were 31-6 at half when third started they were not in the game and the deep pass protection was gone.and the offensive power was reduced significantly and our ability to convert for firsts was reduced..

You are right,I wouldn't want to be the one to make the call.as for clay,thay shot he took to the head was almost an automatic concus protocol protection,just for safety precautions alone,but was a sore jaw 🤷‍♂️..guess I would automatically side on the decision to be cautious tho.

I have no doubts that we won't be hitting on all cylinders next week as it's do or die going forward from here on out 

NEXT...LOL wooooooo 

I told Brody last night that 15-1 with a ring sounds good and that's the ultimate goal now. Even with those 2 out Kiki was gashing their defense with good long runs. What I have an issue with is their clock which from what I heard has been doing that since the 1st game. Get a working clock Alto! That was ridiculous to watch last night. That one waved off flag was bc their coach complained to the refs about their wr and where he was set.  I still don't get the fumble recovery and pointed to us as having possession then giving them the 1st down. Plus that fumble of David's was not a catch, therefore not a fumble. Those refs were terrible all the way around last night. We were in it until the last play even with our injuries and it's sad that we don't truely know how much time was really left bc of a whack clock. 

• 1 month later...