3A D2 District 11

Stoney

Waskom, EF, Diana and Hughes Springs were district rivals back in the old days. Know absolutely nothing about Queen City. I don’t think we’ve ever been in district with Daingerfield. Welcome Coach Jenkins!! Lol

14 minutes ago, hornetblue said:

Shouldn't it be a down year for Waskom? 

Even though I don't want to see it that way, it most likely will be I don't see how you can replace your entire line and most of the backfield and it not be. Last time that happened Waskom went 5-5 and missed the playoffs

22 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

Even though I don't want to see it that way, it most likely will be I don't see how you can replace your entire line and most of the backfield and it not be. Last time that happened Waskom went 5-5 and missed the playoffs

Don’t throw the towel in to early Wild! Big things happening  soon. 

8 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

They lost one game in all of their sub varsity teams.  They will be fine. 

EF is the one I expect to take a step back. 

EF prob will slip a little bit has a good bit coming back. 

Waskom losing more than coaches is the big problem they lost entire OL, Feaster & Thomas at RB, Both Watson boys one to graduation and the QB is going to Tatum, also hearing of an OL and possibly a WR going to Tatum as well coaches kids. That’s a lot to overcome while breaking in a new system and Coach. 

Just now, jacket52 said:

EF prob will slip a little bit has a good bit coming back. 

Waskom losing more than coaches is the big problem they lost entire OL, Feaster & Thomas at RB, Both Watson boys one to graduation and the QB is going to Tatum, also hearing of an OL and possibly a WR going to Tatum as well coaches kids. That’s a lot to overcome while breaking in a new system and Coach. 

That’s true, but EFs sub-varsity teams were the least “EF” looking teams that I have seen at that place the last 20 years. 

Just now, Valhalla said:

That’s true, but EFs sub-varsity teams were the least “EF” looking teams that I have seen at that place the last 20 years. 

There was more freshman and sophomores on Varsity than they have had in last 20 years is part of that problem but it was bad I agree 

9 minutes ago, 1waterboy said:

Don’t throw the towel in to early Wild! Big things happening  soon. 

Even though this year might be tough and I emphasize might be, Waskom has a good JV bunch and a very good bunch moving to JV from the 8th grade, would not surprise me that three of those 8th graders might play varsity from the get go 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

It's not the players I am worried about,it's losing the heart that drives them that may tell the tale for the cats this season..💔

2 minutes ago, Mudcats said:

Depending on who Waskom hires is going to be big.  Who is it going to be here?   Guy who was at  Brownsboro?  

Word is Pearson is coming back. He was DC in the 1st SC game and pretty much still the same defense ran today. He had the respect of the players then and I’ll put money on he will gain the respect of the 1’s playing next year. We did lose a lot of good players this year but it’s always next MAN up! Reload , there is still a lot of talent in Waskom

18 minutes ago, 1jacket said:

Anybody know who EF is playing in pre-season ?.

Well they was suppose to play Harmony and DF but those are now District teams so they will have to be replaced on schedule. Would be nice to have an AD/HC picking who he would like to replace them with but so far all we got is a big ol ?  With admins that are dragging their feet with a hire.  The really interesting part is several candidates have wanted the job after interviewing but can’t get any response from said Admins.  Only thing we can do is Hurry up and wait. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

Well they was suppose to play Harmony and DF but those are now District teams so they will have to be replaced on schedule. Would be nice to have an AD/HC picking who he would like to replace them with but so far all we got is a big ol ?  With admins that are dragging their feet with a hire.  The really interesting part is several candidates have wanted the job after interviewing but can’t get any response from said Admins.  Only thing we can do is Hurry up and wait. 

Yep. They are being way too slow with the coaching search. I just hope they end up with a good hire. Whenever that may be.

• Like 1