supermaroon

Alba-Golden

Boles

Como-Pickton

Cooper

Honey Grove

Rivercrest

Wolfe City

District is very similar to last realignment. Really excited for the district should be another couple district championships for the bulldogs. Whats everyone's thoughts on this one. Region definitely a lot harder than the one we just left.

My predictions for the district:

1st: Cooper undefeated Champs in district play

2nd: Honey Grove should have the talent to compete again

3rd: Boles has a special QB they will rely heavily on

4th: Wolfe City/Rivercrest they will battle it out for the last spot. Wolfe City has under performed for years with the talent they have.

6th: Alba comes back to earth only chance to win is Como

7th: Como-Pickton if they don't beat alba they will not win a district game yet again

• Confused 1

On 2/3/2022 at 11:29 AM, supermaroon said:

My predictions for the district:

1st: Cooper undefeated Champs in district play

2nd: Honey Grove should have the talent to compete again

3rd: Boles has a special QB they will rely heavily on

4th: Wolfe City/Rivercrest they will battle it out for the last spot. Wolfe City has under performed for years with the talent they have.

6th: Alba comes back to earth only chance to win is Como

7th: Como-Pickton if they don't beat alba they will not win a district game yet again

I like the Dawgs also for undefeated district champs for the 3rd straight year. 

7 hours ago, Bulldognation1 said:

I like the Dawgs also for undefeated district champs for the 3rd straight year. 

Probably won't be very difficult to walk through district but it won't be as easy of 1st round match-up and the entire region is much more difficult going to be tough come playoff time.

1 hour ago, supermaroon said:

Probably won't be very difficult to walk through district but it won't be as easy of 1st round match-up and the entire region is much more difficult going to be tough come playoff time.

Agree it will be a tough region, but thankfully Cooper returns several key players. Maybe Casto will beef the non-district schedule up a tad.

15 hours ago, supermaroon said:

Will this district get the teams out of the district with Beckville, Harleton, Frankston in bi-district?

Looking at predistrict still have a chance to go 10 and 0 in regular season. Hooks will probably be tough. Grand saline may give us some resistance but LO is shell of itself these days and collinsville couldn't figure it out last year. So 8 and 2 is the worst we'll go in the regular season. Honest early prediction we will go 11 and 2 next year.

55 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

Looking at predistrict still have a chance to go 10 and 0 in regular season. Hooks will probably be tough. Grand saline may give us some resistance but LO is shell of itself these days and collinsville couldn't figure it out last year. So 8 and 2 is the worst we'll go in the regular season. Honest early prediction we will go 11 and 2 next year.

Drennon is bound to get Grand Saline on track soon. I’m thinking they’ll be pretty solid. Hooks will be the biggest test in non district. They always have athletes. You're right about Lone Oak not being what they use to be, but you can bet they’ll be up for that game. Collinsville was pretty young last year if I remember right & will probably be better this year. Patterson is a pretty good coach.

10-0 is not out of the question with the Dawgs returning several key pieces & how Casto & staff has had them playing. I’m gonna say they go 9-1 with the lone regular season loss being to Hooks. My early prediction is 10-2... possibly 11-2 if things fall right come playoffs.

9 hours ago, RivercrestRebels said:

Rivercrest should be improved with the 2nd year under Huie and have a lot of talent coming back that were freshman and sophmore's last year. 

I hope you're right a lot more fun to watch when there's some competition. Guess since you believe in them I'll say they send wolfe city into basketball season instead of playoffs.

• 1 month later...

With Fletcher coming over from Leonard to take over at Honey Grove, the Warriors will become an even bigger threat to end Cooper’s run of district titles. Fletcher’s had some success against the Dawgs over the last few meetings & you know he would love to come in & stick it to Cooper & end their run. Casto has Cooper rolling right now with plenty of young talent coming up & HG has some good young talent as well. This rivalry will be fun to watch these next few years.

1 hour ago, Bulldognation1 said:

With Fletcher coming over from Leonard to take over at Honey Grove, the Warriors will become an even bigger threat to end Cooper’s run of district titles. Fletcher’s had some success against the Dawgs over the last few meetings & you know he would love to come in & stick it to Cooper & end their run. Casto has Cooper rolling right now with plenty of young talent coming up & HG has some good young talent as well. This rivalry will be fun to watch these next few years.

Definitely excited to see the rivalry hopefully return to what it use to be. This move made the district tougher for sure. But I am ready for the Bulldogs and Casto to beat someone other than Trenton in the playoffs. We are 0 and 3 in the playoffs against teams not from Trenton in the Casto era hopefully we change that this year because there is no chance we play Trenton round 1 this time. Still think we win the district going undefeated but the playoffs have me concerned. We no longer get the other worst district in 2a in the 1st round.