2A D1 District 9

supermaroon

38 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

Definitely excited to see the rivalry hopefully return to what it use to be. This move made the district tougher for sure. But I am ready for the Bulldogs and Casto to beat someone other than Trenton in the playoffs. We are 0 and 3 in the playoffs against teams not from Trenton in the Casto era hopefully we change that this year because there is no chance we play Trenton round 1 this time. Still think we win the district going undefeated but the playoffs have me concerned. We no longer get the other worst district in 2a in the 1st round.

I agree 100%

18 hours ago, Bulldognation1 said:

With Fletcher coming over from Leonard to take over at Honey Grove, the Warriors will become an even bigger threat to end Cooper’s run of district titles. Fletcher’s had some success against the Dawgs over the last few meetings & you know he would love to come in & stick it to Cooper & end their run. Casto has Cooper rolling right now with plenty of young talent coming up & HG has some good young talent as well. This rivalry will be fun to watch these next few years.

He has had success against Cooper, but I remember a couple times he escaped by the skin of his teeth with much more talented teams. 

• 5 months later...

Well week 1 in the books. Cooper will not be challenged in district play which is sad we need better district competition to prepare us for the post season especially in a much tougher region than last year. My thoughts are: Cooper - best team in district not even close, Wolfe city - either finally reaching actual potential or leonard is terrible. Honey grove - not as good as i thought they were going to be. Boles - still room to grow struggling with a terrible overton program, Rivercrest about where I figured they would be, which is below average. Alba looked good against probably the worst football team in the state. Como will be last in the district again nothing has changed for them since last year will. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

Well week 1 in the books. Cooper will not be challenged in district play which is sad we need better district competition to prepare us for the post season especially in a much tougher region than last year. My thoughts are: Cooper - best team in district not even close, Wolfe city - either finally reaching actual potential or leonard is terrible. Honey grove - not as good as i thought they were going to be. Boles - still room to grow struggling with a terrible overton program, Rivercrest about where I figured they would be, which is below average. Alba looked good against probably the worst football team in the state. Como will be last in the district again nothing has changed for them since last year will. 

That sux for yall then,yall need to get stretched and bent around a couple times to get yall ready for a truly loaded region 3 come playoffs,it's almost nessacery anymore..js good luck goin forward ✌️

2 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

That sux for yall then,yall need to get stretched and bent around a couple times to get yall ready for a truly loaded region 3 come playoffs,it's almost nessacery anymore..js good luck goin forward ✌️

I agree after week 1 i feel as if all out district games will be blowouts by at 30 

3 hours ago, supermaroon said:

Don't know what happened in the Boles vs Overton game since I was at Quinlan Ford VS Mount Vernon game. Overton fans were saying they would be much improved this year before the game. I did read that Boles threw 2 picks in the end zone and also lost a fumble. Overton couldn't rush but did throw for +150 yards.

I heard that Leonard didn't look that good and that the WC QB had improved alot.

Well cooper pulled it off didn't get to see it stuck in west Texas. But man this district is worse than I thought. Heck Alba might be number 2 team. Not sure how good frost is but hg dominated. Boles losing to Clarksville is shocking. Como struggling vs detroit for 1st half is embarrassing they are worse than I thought. Rivercrest is who I thought they were. WC battling chisum they are decent but nowhere near our level.

New predictions 

1. Cooper

2. HG

3. Alba

4. WC

5. Rc

6. Boles 

7. CP

22 hours ago, supermaroon said:

Well cooper pulled it off didn't get to see it stuck in west Texas. But man this district is worse than I thought. Heck Alba might be number 2 team. Not sure how good frost is but hg dominated. Boles losing to Clarksville is shocking. Como struggling vs detroit for 1st half is embarrassing they are worse than I thought. Rivercrest is who I thought they were. WC battling chisum they are decent but nowhere near our level.

New predictions 

1. Cooper

2. HG

3. Alba

4. WC

5. Rc

6. Boles 

7. CP

Went to the Boles game. I thought Boles was much better after seeing them dominated a horrible Cumby team. Their defense is decent but the offense is a huge work in progress. They were trying different ways to get the ball in the hands of their best athlete by putting him at Tailback, QB, and Then Z. Alot of missed blocks from getting overpowered or just blown by by the Clarksville D-Line. Any time they got near the red zone a penalty would halt their drive and they couldn't overcome it. They need to find a way to get the ball to their talented WR's and not just rely on one guy the other team is keying on.

Current Calpreps(Maxpreps) ratings and rankings. 0 rating is national average team, all classes combined.

1. Cooper 17th in 2A-1 (-0.3) rating 4th in Region 3 behind Timpson, Beckville, and Centerville.

2. Wolfe City 43rd (-20.3)

3. AG 68th (-34.5)

4. HG 74th (-38.1)

5. Boles 79 (-39.4)

6. Rivercrest 84 (-40.7)

7. CP 97 (-49.7)

105 teams in D1. They use team ratings to predict score and the home team gets 3 points added to their rating. So with the current ratings would be Boles 4.4 point underdogs at HG and a 4.4 favorite VS RC at home this year. HG plays at AG this year so they are currently 6.6 point underdogs. 

37 minutes ago, HornetSenior said:

Current Calpreps(Maxpreps) ratings and rankings. 0 rating is national average team, all classes combined.

1. Cooper 17th in 2A-1 (-0.3) rating 4th in Region 3 behind Timpson, Beckville, and Centerville.

2. Wolfe City 43rd (-20.3)

3. AG 68th (-34.5)

4. HG 74th (-38.1)

5. Boles 79 (-39.4)

6. Rivercrest 84 (-40.7)

7. CP 97 (-49.7)

105 teams in D1. They use team ratings to predict score and the home team gets 3 points added to their rating. So with the current ratings would be Boles 4.4 point underdogs at HG and a 4.4 favorite VS RC at home this year. HG plays at AG this year so they are currently 6.6 point underdogs. 

These numbers a scewed a little bit,Corrigan -Camden is probably gonna beat Centerville again this year,they are a dangerous team,there are a couple other drop in that are not rated that are gonna have a say also,keep that in mind also when following cal preps.

42 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

These numbers a scewed a little bit,Corrigan -Camden is probably gonna beat Centerville again this year,they are a dangerous team,there are a couple other drop in that are not rated that are gonna have a say also,keep that in mind also when following cal preps.

For sure. It's still early in the season, that why they don't start officially posting score predictions until after 3 games. Rating is still partially based on  last season currently. 

One of the HS leagues in California recently started using Calpreps to seed their playoffs and to hand out at large playoff bids.

3 minutes ago, HornetSenior said:

For sure. It's still early in the season, that why they don't start officially posting score predictions until after 3 games. Rating is still partially based on  last season currently. 

One of the HS leagues in California recently started using Calpreps to seed their playoffs and to hand out at large playoff bids.

Rite 

Updated Calpreps ratings after week 3.

1. Cooper (3-0) (18th) 0.3

2. Wolfe City (1-2) (41st) -19.9

3. Honey Grove (2-1) (58) -28.2

4. Alba-Golden (3-0) (60) -28.8

5. Boles (2-1) (65) -31

6. Rivercrest (1-2) (67) -32.1

7. Como-Pickton (1-2) (96) -49

Teams 3-6 very closely rated right now. I heard WC QB got hurt in week 2 and is not healthy right now. HG's 49-0 win this week very surprising.

Boles outscored Hawkins 19-6 in 2nd half after finally attempting passes to their WR'S. On defense Boles missed less tackles to force Hawkins to pass and got multiple interceptions when they did. Boles' All-State CB now has 14 Int's in his last 14 games.

2 hours ago, HornetSenior said:

Updated Calpreps ratings after week 3.

1. Cooper (3-0) (18th) 0.3

2. Wolfe City (1-2) (41st) -19.9

3. Honey Grove (2-1) (58) -28.2

4. Alba-Golden (3-0) (60) -28.8

5. Boles (2-1) (65) -31

6. Rivercrest (1-2) (67) -32.1

7. Como-Pickton (1-2) (96) -49

Teams 3-6 very closely rated right now. I heard WC QB got hurt in week 2 and is not healthy right now. HG's 49-0 win this week very surprising.

Boles outscored Hawkins 19-6 in 2nd half after finally attempting passes to their WR'S. On defense Boles missed less tackles to force Hawkins to pass and got multiple interceptions when they did. Boles' All-State CB now has 14 Int's in his last 14 games.

I was surprised at HG blowing out WW like that as well. I think some of the HG faithful are starting to think Fletch & his warriors have closed the gap on Cooper & are a legit threat to the Dawgs. I guess we’ll find out in a few weeks, but I think Cooper’s 3-4 td’s better than their closest competition in this district if they stay healthy.