2A D1 District 9

supermaroon

9 minutes ago, Bulldognation1 said:

Well aware there’s some very good teams in this region

Not what I meant,but how it's playing out as to whom you will probably see when yall get over this way,who they playing and what type of offense and defense schemes they run and how yall stack up with it...size,speed,senior load and that kind of stuff 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, upullinmychain said:

Yall keeping an eye on what's happening over here in other parts of region 3? It's getting rowdy,pay attention because it will directly effect yall in a couple months..js..

As far as District 10 goes I'm only worried Beckville and maybe Harelton. Frankston and Hawkins are beatable. As a Boles fan I would like to avoid Harelton in the first round, but we would still have a chance to upset them.

28 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Not what I meant,but how it's playing out as to whom you will probably see when yall get over this way,who they playing and what type of offense and defense schemes they run and how yall stack up with it...size,speed,senior load and that kind of stuff 🤷‍♂️

I gotcha... it’s gonna be interesting.

1 hour ago, HornetSenior said:

As far as District 10 goes I'm only worried Beckville and maybe Harelton. Frankston and Hawkins are beatable. As a Boles fan I would like to avoid Harelton in the first round, but we would still have a chance to upset them.

We played them and won pretty easily,but they are big up front,but not overly fast.yall should be able to get by them unless they start playing a lot better.that being said,they are a gritty bunch and play hard.

23 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

We played them and won pretty easily,but they are big up front,but not overly fast.yall should be able to get by them unless they start playing a lot better.that being said,they are a gritty bunch and play hard.

The way they handled Maud last week was pretty impressive so they probably are improving. Boles is young and improving every week, but if they can continue to throw for +340 with 80% completion and 17 yards a catch like they did was Celeste they will be a tough team to beat. They will have cut down on the turnovers and penalties though. Its Hard to drive the ball when you have multiple 1st and 25s. Tough to win when mistakes allow a team to score twice in the last minute of a half and you give up a 99 yard fumble return TD.

2 minutes ago, HornetSenior said:

The way they handled Maud last week was pretty impressive so they probably are improving. Boles is young and improving every week, but if they can continue to throw for +340 with 80% completion and 17 yards a catch like they did was Celeste they will be a tough team to beat. They will have cut down on the turnovers and penalties though. Its Hard to drive the ball when you have multiple 1st and 25s. Tough to win when mistakes allow a team to score twice in the last minute of a half and you give up a 99 yard fumble return TD.

D1 against D2. Keep that in mind,Maud may have had some kids missing,really small numbers..

7 hours ago, HornetSenior said:

If you don’t want Harleton in the first round, you’re sure not gonna like who you’re gonna see in round 2! 

3 hours ago, Bulldognation1 said:

Cooper is likely on a collision course with either Centerville or Corrigan-Camden in 2nd round. That would be a battle!

Those are true,finding what your metal is made of battles,season defining games and they test your character.if you beat them you know you have arrived....js 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Yeah but round three is where it gets western,ain't nobody in round three a poser,they done whooped up on some peoples..js.

If they are playing Harleton in round 1, then in all likelihood they’re looking at Timpson in round 2. I’m not sure they need to be looking ahead at round 3. 

53 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

If they are playing Harleton in round 1, then in all likelihood they’re looking at Timpson in round 2. I’m not sure they need to be looking ahead at round 3. 

Which is what I want to avoid even though i dont see anyway they win in round 2. Unless there is some very very drastic improvement Boles is just not on the same level as Timpson, Beckville, Centerville, Cooper, & Corrigan-Camden.

Cooper as W9 would play R12 in round 2. Boles or whoever is R9, if they beat T10(Frankston/Hawkins) in the first round, would play W12 In round 2.

So the top 2 in District 9 have to be ready to most-likely face Centerville and Corrigan-Camden in round 2.

Edited by HornetSenior

4 minutes ago, HornetSenior said:

Which is what I want to avoid even though i dont see anyway they win in round 2. Unless there is some very very drastic improvement Boles is just not on the same level as Timpson, Beckville, Centerville, Cooper, & Corrigan-Camden.

Cooper as W9 would play R12 in round 2. Boles or whoever is R9, if they beat T10(Frankston/Hawkins) in the first round, would play W12 In round 2.

So the top 2 in District 9 have to be ready to most-likely face Centerville and Corrigan-Camden in round 2.

You’re assuming a lot here.
#1. you’re assuming that the R12 beats T11 in round 1. If we’re going with the conventional wisdom that Timpson is W11, then T11 is likely Joaquin, Shelbyville or Garrison. Not an easy out among them. 
#2. You’re also assuming that Boles is R9, which means you’re assuming a win over HG. Not necessarily a sure thing. If you’re wrong and HG pulls the upset, that drops QB to T9, meaning you get R10 in round 1, which means (if you’re sticking with conventional wisdom) Timpson in round 2. 
I would also point out that we’re in week 1 of district play, so it’s way too early to be assuming anything about playoff spots. Play the games, then see who you’re matched up with. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

#1. you’re assuming that the R12 beats T11 in round 1. If we’re going with the conventional wisdom that Timpson is W11, then T11 is likely Joaquin, Shelbyville or Garrison. Not an easy out among them. 
#2. You’re also assuming that Boles is R9, which means you’re assuming a win over HG. Not necessarily a sure thing. If you’re wrong and HG pulls the upset, that drops QB to T9, meaning you get R10 in round 1, which means (if you’re sticking with conventional wisdom) Timpson in round 2. 
I would also point out that we’re in week 1 of district play, so it’s way too early to be assuming anything about playoff spots. Play the games, then see who you’re matched up with. 

Just talking hypothetically. I'm not even sure Boles beats Alba this week since some kids are banged up from the Hawkins and Celeste games. They should be ok though as long keep going to the passing game instead of trying to run it 40+times at only 4 yards/carry like in the Clarksville game.

18 minutes ago, HornetSenior said:

Just talking hypothetically. I'm not even sure Boles beats Alba this week since some kids are banged up from the Hawkins and Celeste games. They should be ok though as long keep going to the passing game instead of trying to run it 40+times at only 4 yards/carry like in the Clarksville game.

You do know that if you run the ball for 4 yards 3 times in a row you pick up a first down, don’t you?

2 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

You do know that if you run the ball for 4 yards 3 times in a row you pick up a first down, don’t you?

Until you get a holding or a false start. Every time they got in the red zone vs Clarksville a penalty or fumble would halt their drive. The Last 2 weeks Boles has averaged 16 yards a completion on 45 total attempts at a 70% rate. 

37 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

And get injured alot,that double wing taught us that yeara ago boss,slot ain't really that much different 🤷‍♂️

Boles is running out of the Spread now. Alot of 4 WR/1 RB or 3 WR/2 RB. The RBs and WRs rarely drop the ball and are all quick and agile. They don't have the O-Line and Power RBs for the Slot-T/Wing-T like we had in 07, 08, 09, 14, 15 when we were averaging 8.5-11.5 yards/carry as a team for the season and winning the District Championship.

Edited by HornetSenior

On 9/18/2022 at 10:11 PM, HornetSenior said:

Week 5 Schedule 

Cooper @ WC

AG @ Boles

CP @ Rivercrest

HG Bye

AG/Boles game should be the only Game within a few scores this week and might decide who make the playoffs between the two.

Dave Campbell's  Projections

Cooper 17 point Favorite 

Boles 15 point Favorite 

Rivercrest 20 point Favorite 

Calpreps Projections

Cooper 52 WC 7

AG 35 Boles 17

Edited by HornetSenior
Update

10 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

It would be doubtful if they would even make the playoffs if they were in District 11 ....

• Like 1

23 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

It would be doubtful if they would even make the playoffs if they were in District 11 ....

Yes currently they would be underdogs to the top 4 teams in D11. If Boles continues to improve they could give Shelbyville or Garrison a good game in the playoffs. Lots of sophomores and Juniors on Varsity from a 9-1 JV last year. First year Varsity starter at QB and they have been rotating him in and out all season. The teams passing attempts have gone up all year as they transition from a run heavy to a more balance or even pass dominate offense. Alot of mental errors early on and still. If they continue to improve and get more healthy they might when a playoff game, but it will still be tough to get past round 2 with a young team.