2A D1 District 9

supermaroon

25 minutes ago, HornetSenior said:

Yes currently they would be underdogs to the top 4 teams in D11. If Boles continues to improve they could give Shelbyville or Garrison a good game in the playoffs. Lots of sophomores and Juniors on Varsity from a 9-1 JV last year. First year Varsity starter at QB and they have been rotating him in and out all season. The teams passing attempts have gone up all year as they transition from a run heavy to a more balance or even pass dominate offense. Alot of mental errors early on and still. If they continue to improve and get more healthy they might when a playoff game, but it will still be tough to get past round 2 with a young team.

I was talking about Cooper ... 😂

27 minutes ago, HornetSenior said:

An aberration. Totally different offense since then. Plus that's the week we got 10 inches of ran. Field was soaked.

Did the other team play on the same rain soaked field as ya'll?  It could have hurt them as much as it did your team,  or more ...

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

Did the other team play on the same rain soaked field as ya'll?  It could have hurt them as much as it did your team,  or more ...

Old head coach left Boles at the last minute and new Coach was just figuring out his team. That game showed the coaches that trying to run +45 times into a stacked box with this team was not a winning formula. Players are way better suited for a Spread passing attack. 

If they played Clarksville now it would be a blowout win for Boles like last years 47-8 win. Alba-Golden is 4-0 and beat Clarksville 46-14, but I think they lose to Boles this week.

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

You are in such a weak cluster of districts, any team that looks halfway decent gets ranked .... come down our way and you will find out just how good you really are, real quick .... lol ......

Oh I’m not denying there’s some good teams down that way & that district 9 is not real stout. Not really worried about the rankings, but to say Cooper wouldn't even finish 4th down there is ridiculous. 

Edited by Bulldognation1

7 minutes ago, HornetSenior said:

Cooper would Battle for 2nd place in D11 with Joaquin. No way they would lose 4 D11 games.

Cooper will find out soon enough once playoff time rolls around .... continue on with your weak regular season opponents ....

3 minutes ago, Bulldognation1 said:

Oh I’m not denying there’s some good teams down that way & that district 9 is not real stout. Not really worried about the rankings, but to say Cooper wouldn't even finish 4th down there is ridiculous. 

Our fourth place team has knocked off a few over rated 1st place teams the past few years in the playoffs .... 

4 minutes ago, Bulldognation1 said:

Don't let em bait ya dawg,just tell em yall gon clap em when ya get to them...next?

• LOL! 1

53 minutes ago, Bulldogbacker78 said:

If if's and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

I've watched film on a couple of their games,they ain't bad,would match up pretty decent against a couple d 11 teams...ain't gonna claim they win because anything can happen with 16-18 year Olds...But they got speed and size and they know the slot so they have potential..js 🤷‍♂️

Just now, upullinmychain said:

I've watched film on a couple of their games,they ain't bad,would match up pretty decent against a couple d 11 teams...ain't gonna claim they win because anything can happen with 16-18 year Olds...But they got speed and size and they know the slot so they have potential..js 🤷‍♂️

I'm referring to Cooper not the others.

On 9/18/2022 at 10:11 PM, HornetSenior said:

Week 5 Schedule 

Cooper @ WC

AG @ Boles

CP @ Rivercrest

HG Bye

AG/Boles game should be the only Game within a few scores this week and might decide who make the playoffs between the two.

Truly believe we will beat WC by 20+ we are head and shoulders the best team in this district.

AG and Boles Could be a good one, playoff spot on the line early

Rivercrest by whatever they want CP is head and shoulders the worst team in the district. 

On 9/21/2022 at 1:29 PM, upullinmychain said:

I've seen a little film on them as well. They have a pretty good combination. They move really well to the ball on defense.