2A D1 District 9

supermaroon

1 hour ago, upullinmychain said:

I would keep an eye on Joaquin as one of yall will most likely have a match with them down the line..no harm in taking a early peek 👀

If Cooper does go on to take care of business in district, then Centerville or CC would be their opponent in round 2 which will be tough. I don’t think they’d see Joaquin till maybe the 3rd round. Just getting by Centerville or CC will be a pretty tall task. Lot of good teams in this region.

14 hours ago, supermaroon said:

Congrats to you guys still have life in the playoff picture. Sad to see como fall back to who they always were not even being competitive. Wasn't that long ago they upset a few teams like wolfe city and celeste to finish 3rd in district and gave us hell for 3 quarters. Believe they made the playoffs 3 years in a row. As for the bulldogs won't be challenged until the playoffs which is scary to see how we'll handle adversity when it comes. But on another note can anyone in 2a beat timpson this year they are scary good!

Is there just not a lick of talent whatsoever in Como? They seem to have regressed a little each year since ole royse bob has been there. As far as Timpson goes, they look like a juggernaut right now. I don’t know if anybody in region 3 can stay within 3 td’s of them...& there’s some good teams in r3.

27 minutes ago, Bulldognation1 said:

Is there just not a lick of talent whatsoever in Como? They seem to have regressed a little each year since ole royse bob has been there. As far as Timpson goes, they look like a juggernaut right now. I don’t know if anybody in region 3 can stay within 3 td’s of them...& there’s some good teams in r3.

Como has 1 quick RB but he can't do much when hit in the Backfield every play. Boles had the Lbs playing only 1 yard deep and shooting gaps. Como couldn't do anything in the passing game to get the Boles D out of that game plan. CP 6'1 220 QB couldn't even get a yard on QB sneak. Timpson definitely team to beat in 2A.

Region 3 is definitely loaded timpson is the team to beat in the region and state in my opinion. Centerville is a physical animal from what I've seen losing close games to really good teams like Crawford and mart. CC is athletic will have tons of speed will definitely be a challenge. If we get to the point we see Joaquin I honestly like our chances the offense they run plays right to strengths and more finesse than physical. Timpson on the other hand should roll to Jerry world. 

1 hour ago, Bulldognation1 said:

As far as como goes year 2 for royse Bob was his best year when they finished 3rd but year 3 and 4 definitely steadily declining. Timpson best team in 2a right now

14 minutes ago, supermaroon said:

Region 3 is definitely loaded timpson is the team to beat in the region and state in my opinion. Centerville is a physical animal from what I've seen losing close games to really good teams like Crawford and mart. CC is athletic will have tons of speed will definitely be a challenge. If we get to the point we see Joaquin I honestly like our chances the offense they run plays right to strengths and more finesse than physical. Timpson on the other hand should roll to Jerry world. 

Umm sir, did you just say Joaquin is more finesse than physical? Lol . 

Edited by yourteamstinks
  • LOL! 1

3 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

I would keep an eye on Joaquin as one of yall will most likely have a match with them down the line..no harm in taking a early peek 👀

Yeah if cooper wins district,  they would meet either beckville or or Joaquin in the 3rd round..  beckcville and Joaquin will probably meet in the 2nd round! Just my predictions lol

2 hours ago, Bulldognation1 said:

If Cooper does go on to take care of business in district, then Centerville or CC would be their opponent in round 2 which will be tough. I don’t think they’d see Joaquin till maybe the 3rd round. Just getting by Centerville or CC will be a pretty tall task. Lot of good teams in this region.

Yeah that’s how I figured it man ,  beckcville and Joaquin will most like meet in the 2nd round ..  

And whoever gets 2nd out of centerville and us will get y’all in the 2nd round !  
so many great teams this year man!!  

38 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Shelbyville and Tenaha would like to have a word with him. 

Well you do have to admit that the slot is a finess offensive scheme but run with brutality...kinda like figure skating and hockey playing..gotta be able to juke and dive as well knock out a few teeth..it is a finessfully orchestrated mosh pit 👀

4 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Shelbyville and Tenaha would like to have a word with him. 

Both teams underachieving from preseason predictions. So they're not great teams to talk to. Never said Joaquin was a bad team or program just not as physical as most teams that run the slot-t. Looked at the last 20 years and they have a solid resume but still doesn't change my opinion of them.

Week 7 Rankings 

DCTF Computer Rankings(Pigskin Prep) Bold is Calpreps

Cooper 17th(13)(State) 5th(3)(Region 3)(16.4 Rating)

HG 34th(37)(State) 9th(9)(Region 3) (-6.6)

AG 53rd(47)(State) 12th(12)(Region 3) (-14.7)

BR 58th(55)(State) 14th(13)(Region 3) (-18)

QB 74th(80)(State) 17th(19)(Region 3) (-30.5)

WC 77th(65)(State) 18th(16)(Region 3) (-24.6)

CP 105th(103)(State) 27th(27)(Region 3) (-49.3)

Week 7 Predictions 

Calpreps

Cooper 62-CP 0

AG 41- WC 27

HG 28-BR 13

DCTF

Cooper by 63

AG by 8

HG by 11

Edited by HornetSenior

On 10/1/2022 at 4:39 PM, supermaroon said:

Joaquin is a lot more physical than you give them credit for ... on both sides of the ball ... they are extremely physical as you might very well find out ...

Calpreps has Region 3 

1. Timpson(1)

2. Beckville (12)

3.  Cooper(13)

4. Centerville(14)

5. Joaquin(15)

6. CC(19)

7. Garrison(29)

8. Shelbyville(36)

Pigskin Prep has Region 3 as

1. TImpson(1)

2. Centerville(10)

3. Joaquin(11)

4. Beckville(12)

5. Cooper(17)

6. CC(24)

7. Garrison(31)

8. Shelbyville(33)

56 minutes ago, HornetSenior said:

Calpreps has Region 3 

1. Timpson(1)

2. Beckville (12)

3.  Cooper(13)

4. Centerville(14)

5. Joaquin(15)

6. CC(19)

7. Garrison(29)

8. Shelbyville(36)

1. TImpson(1)

2. Centerville(10)

3. Joaquin(11)

4. Beckville(12)

5. Cooper(17)

6. CC(24)

7. Garrison(31)

8. Shelbyville(33)

The Calpreps poll surprisingly makes more sense. Pigskin has us ranked ahead of the Beckville team that beat us. Just goes to show what polls are worth. 

14 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Joaquin is a lot more physical than you give them credit for ... on both sides of the ball ... they are extremely physical as you might very well find out ...

Oh hope we do would mean we are back to third round. But yall have to get there as well. Would be a fun game I think.

On 10/1/2022 at 9:20 PM, supermaroon said:

Both teams underachieving from preseason predictions. So they're not great teams to talk to. Never said Joaquin was a bad team or program just not as physical as most teams that run the slot-t. Looked at the last 20 years and they have a solid resume but still doesn't change my opinion of them.

Being from Beckville let me say, Joaquin  not only has some skill kids this year they are extremely physical...I think anyone that has played them this year would agree with that...careful what you wish for

21 hours ago, HornetSenior said:

Calpreps has Region 3 

1. Timpson(1)

2. Beckville (12)

3.  Cooper(13)

4. Centerville(14)

5. Joaquin(15)

6. CC(19)

7. Garrison(29)

8. Shelbyville(36)

1. TImpson(1)

2. Centerville(10)

3. Joaquin(11)

4. Beckville(12)

5. Cooper(17)

6. CC(24)

7. Garrison(31)

8. Shelbyville(33)

Could you do the 2aD2 like this in region 3. Has me curious,I've my own ideas but wondering how they see it 🤷‍♂️

6 hours ago, supermaroon said:

Oh hope we do would mean we are back to third round. But yall have to get there as well. Would be a fun game I think.

I personally think the other side is gonna be taking its toll on teams before they ever reach coop..usually does going down into the last few weeks of the dist play...Teams come limping into the playoffs because of the brutal path they usually have to take..has cost many better teams to lose to teams of lesser talent,simply by attrition,becomes a bevy of next man up 🤷‍♂️

8 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Could you do the 2aD2 like this in region 3. Has me curious,I've my own ideas but wondering how they see it 🤷‍♂️

Calpreps has 2AD2 Region 3

1. Mart(1)

2. Carlisle(2)

3. Wortham(14)

4. Lovelady(15)

5. Dawson(26)

6. Alto(32)

7. Tenaha(34)

8. Cushing(37)

9. Maud(40)

10. Deweyville(45)

To point at the difference in D1 vs D2. Honey Grove is #37 in D1 but would be #22 if in D2.

Pigskin Prep(DCTF) has Region 3

1. Mart(1)

2. Carlisle(9)

3. Lovelady(12)

4. Wortham(19)

5. Alto(29)

6. Cushing(37)

7. Tenaha(39)

8. Dawson(44)

9. Hull-Daisetta(47)

10. Mount Enterprise(49)

7 hours ago, Anahuac12 said:

Being from Beckville let me say, Joaquin  not only has some skill kids this year they are extremely physical...I think anyone that has played them this year would agree with that...careful what you wish for

I love the careful what you wish for line. If you want to be the best you have to beat the best. And you guys are acting like Joaquin is a great powerhouse like Carthage or Aledo. They have skill I will give them that I have seen them play a few times the last few years and seen them this year. The qb is a stud but the line is soft and don't get any movement they rely on having better dudes. Running the slot-t doesn't automatically make you physical. I look forward to the challenge I love the direction the bulldogs are heading we are getting to the point were all the kids have grown up in casto system. No more influence from the last regime. Only time will tell how far we can climb. 

17 hours ago, supermaroon said:

I love the careful what you wish for line. If you want to be the best you have to beat the best. And you guys are acting like Joaquin is a great powerhouse like Carthage or Aledo. They have skill I will give them that I have seen them play a few times the last few years and seen them this year. The qb is a stud but the line is soft and don't get any movement they rely on having better dudes. Running the slot-t doesn't automatically make you physical. I look forward to the challenge I love the direction the bulldogs are heading we are getting to the point were all the kids have grown up in casto system. No more influence from the last regime. Only time will tell how far we can climb. 

The "Influence from the past regime" is kind of a misleading statement. I had relatives that played for the "past regime" and I thought they did an outstanding job! They were continually placed in some pretty tough AAA districts. They always seemed to put the student's best interest in their hearts. Casto and Co. have done an outstanding job, but dragging good men through the mud with snippy remarks in classless. 

Edited by Bulldogbacker78