2A D1 District 9

supermaroon

4 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

So did that reshuffle the dist pecking order?

Yes. AG is 5TH already lost to WC, HG, and BR. Will most likely finish at 2-4 in District with CP and Cooper left. Boles is 6th right now but still has WC and BR left and should finish in 3rd if they win both of those games. That's not looking likely though after the HG game and with WC getting players back.

AGs only shot at the playoffs is a 3 way for 4th at 2-4. BR is 2-2 in District with Boles and WC left. WC is 2-1 in District with Boles, BR, HG left and can finish anywhere from 2-5th depending on those games.

Screenshot_20221015-041046_Chrome.jpg

2 hours ago, HornetSenior said:

Yes. AG is 5TH already lost to WC, HG, and BR. Will most likely finish at 2-4 in District with CP and Cooper left. Boles is 6th right now but still has WC and BR left and should finish in 3rd if they win both of those games. That's not looking likely though after the HG game and with WC getting players back.

AGs only shot at the playoffs is a 3 way for 4th at 2-4. BR is 2-2 in District with Boles and WC left. WC is 2-1 in District with Boles, BR, HG left and can finish anywhere from 2-5th depending on those games.

Screenshot_20221015-041046_Chrome.jpg

Jeez what a debacle 👀

• LOL! 1

Definitely a little surprised at last night's results. Thought AG would be in the playoffs guess they back to their old ways RC will need to finish 3rd to hope to have a chance at a playoff win. HG is as good as advertised really pumped about the cooper hg game should be a great one. I was excited for the fighting eagles when I seen it was 6 to 6 at halftime thought maybe they could find some magic but wc pulled it out in the 2nd half looks like.

Edited by supermaroon

11 hours ago, HornetSenior said:

Honey Grove is really good. They absolutely dominated in the trenches. Boles had no where to run and the Qb had no time to throw. HG's defense set up there offense with great field position all game.

Who has HG beaten? I literally know nothing about them. 

The way I see Region 3, we have one ELITE team (Timpson). Then there are 6 teams that look really good, and I think any of them could beat one of the others on a given night (Centerville, Corrigan-Camden, Joaquin, Beckville, Cooper, Honey Grove). There are a couple that look mediocre, mainly due to not being able to find any consistency (Garrison, Wolfe City). The rest all look very underwhelming. I may be wrong. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Who has HG beaten? I literally know nothing about them. 

The best teams Honey Grove has beaten are Rivercrest and AG. They have been blowing everyone out since losing a close game to 3A Howe in Week 1. Howe is a top 25-30 team in 3A-2 that should finish third in District behind Gunter and Bells. This is the first year with Fletcher as the head coach at HG. He was the Head Coach at 3A Leonard from 2005-2021. HG will probably be around 2 TD underdogs at Cooper next week.

Screenshot_20221015-213445_Chrome.jpg

8 hours ago, HornetSenior said:

The best teams Honey Grove has beaten are Rivercrest and AG. They have been blowing everyone out since losing a close game to 3A Howe in Week 1. Howe is a top 25-30 team in 3A-2 that should finish third in District behind Gunter and Bells. This is the first year with Fletcher as the head coach at HG. He was the Head Coach at 3A Leonard from 2005-2021. HG will probably be around 2 TD underdogs at Cooper next week.

Screenshot_20221015-213445_Chrome.jpg

Thanks. 

15 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

The way I see Region 3, we have one ELITE team (Timpson). Then there are 6 teams that look really good, and I think any of them could beat one of the others on a given night (Centerville, Corrigan-Camden, Joaquin, Beckville, Cooper, Honey Grove). There are a couple that look mediocre, mainly due to not being able to find any consistency (Garrison, Wolfe City). The rest all look very underwhelming. I may be wrong. 

I agree with this assessment of the region. Think someone will javelin to have the game of their lives and timpson have a bad Nighy but I guess we'll find out this Friday night I think Joaquin and timpson play. Should be an entertaining region at least.

• Like 1

Week 9 Finals 

Cooper 36 HG 8

WC 34 Boles 18

AG 20 CP 12

Rivercrest bye

Cooper will be District Champions. Honey Grove 2nd If they beat WC next week. 

WC clinched a playoff spot with their 3rd District win. Has HG and Rivercrest the last 2 weeks to decide seeding.

Rivercrest clinches a playoff spot with a win over Boles or WC the next 2 weeks.

AG having to come from behind to beat CP is surprising. They still have a shot at the playoffs if Rivercrest losses next 2. AG would most likely win three way tie at 2-4 in that scenario.

Boles' blowout loss to AG puts them out of the playoffs along with CP.

District games this week

Rivercrest vs Boles

Wolfe City vs Honey Grove

Cooper vs Alba

I think Rivercrest gets a win against Boles by one or two scores

Honey Grove bounces back to get a win 

Cooper wins by as much as they want.

with a Rivercrest win they secure a playoff spot.

Them and Wolfe City will play for 3rd/4th seed next week. 

Rivercrest 27 Boles 14

Cooper 41 Boles 0.

Next week Wolfe City Travels to the Swamp for a seeding game winner gets third and plays Frankston loser gets 4th and plays Beckville. This game is always a battle between these two teams been some good ones over the years. 

Cooper Travels to Boles and will win by however much they want. 

Como Travels to Honey Grove. Honey Grove wins by as much as they want.

Alba on bye so their season ends. 

23 hours ago, RivercrestRebels said:

Rivercrest 27 Boles 14

Cooper 41 Boles 0.

Next week Wolfe City Travels to the Swamp for a seeding game winner gets third and plays Frankston loser gets 4th and plays Beckville. This game is always a battle between these two teams been some good ones over the years. 

Cooper Travels to Boles and will win by however much they want. 

Como Travels to Honey Grove. Honey Grove wins by as much as they want.

Alba on bye so their season ends. 

100% agree on cooper and HG they win by whatever they want. RC vs WC is huge its the difference in having a shot to pull the upset vs getting beat by 40+! Going with RC and the boys from cooper coaching there my former team mates to win RC secures the 3rd spot.

Is the Wolfe City QB #10 going to be back for this game heard he had been out awhile could be a difference maker in this game. Also hopeful Rivercrest #33 is ready to go he continued to play Friday night but was hobbled. If Rivercrest can jump out early I think they can win if it stays close Wolfe City can pull it off. Definitely the winner has a better chance of winning a playoff game. 

36 minutes ago, RivercrestRebels said:

Is the Wolfe City QB #10 going to be back for this game heard he had been out awhile could be a difference maker in this game. Also hopeful Rivercrest #33 is ready to go he continued to play Friday night but was hobbled. If Rivercrest can jump out early I think they can win if it stays close Wolfe City can pull it off. Definitely the winner has a better chance of winning a playoff game. 

#10 has been out since getting injured during the Chisum game. He  was still on crutches during the Boles game, but he might be back this week or next. #2 came back for the Boles game but was mostly playing defense.