Jump to content

2A D1 District 9


supermaroon
 Share

Recommended Posts

Cooper is still the best team in this district not even close. AG might be the 2nd best team that will be interesting to see moving forward. Can't tell with Rivercrest the mighty Ronnie Greens are struggling. 

New Predictions 1. Cooper, 2/3. AG/HG, 4 WC, 5 Boles, 6 RC, 7 CP. I think 4-6 teams will battle hard for a spot I don't think there's much separating them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, supermaroon said:

Cooper is still the best team in this district not even close. AG might be the 2nd best team that will be interesting to see moving forward. Can't tell with Rivercrest the mighty Ronnie Greens are struggling. 

New Predictions 1. Cooper, 2/3. AG/HG, 4 WC, 5 Boles, 6 RC, 7 CP. I think 4-6 teams will battle hard for a spot I don't think there's much separating them.

Sounds about right to me. I would switch RC and WC though.

AG has a playmaking and opportunistic defense. Boles leaned heavily on the run attack early and moved the ball some but couldn't sustain drives. AG had 3 Interceptions in the 2nd quarter vs Boles with 2 returned for TDs as they outscored Boles 28-0 in the Quarter.

Boles defense slowed down AGs offense except for the 3 TDs of 39, 37, & 28 yards. Boles forced AG into multiple turnovers on Downs, including after AG recovered the opening onside kick. Boles outscored AG 12-7 in the other 3 quarters, but the 2nd Quarter was Brutal. AG was definitely the better and more prepared team.

Boles Sr. All-State CB Staggs did get 2 INT’S in the 2nd half to give him 4 in 5 games after getting 11 last year. The starters for both teams played the entire game with some others rotated in throughout the game, including 2 Freshmen for Boles.

Edited by HornetSenior
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Week 6 Predictions 

Rivercrest @ Cooper

Dave Campbell's Cooper favored by 29 points. Calpreps Cooper 44-7. Me Cooper 49-7.

HG @ AG

DCTXF HG favored by 7. Calpreps HG 31-21. Me AG 21-20.

Boles @ CP

DCTXF Boles Favored by 13. Calpreps Boles 22-12. Me Boles 35-6.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, HornetSenior said:

Week 6 Predictions 

Rivercrest @ Cooper

Dave Campbell's Cooper favored by 29 points. Calpreps Cooper 44-7. Me Cooper 49-7.

HG @ AG

DCTXF HG favored by 7. Calpreps HG 31-21. Me AG 21-20.

Boles @ CP

DCTXF Boles Favored by 13. Calpreps Boles 22-12. Me Boles 35-6.

I agree Cooper wins by whatever we want vs RC.

I like the toss up pick between AG/HG good game I think.

But the disrespect they are showing towards your hornets vs CP possibly the worst team in 2ad1 should fire your boys up. My prediction is 28 to 0 only because the fighting ronnie greens are known for chewing up clock.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, supermaroon said:

I agree Cooper wins by whatever we want vs RC.

I like the toss up pick between AG/HG good game I think.

But the disrespect they are showing towards your hornets vs CP possibly the worst team in 2ad1 should fire your boys up. My prediction is 28 to 0 only because the fighting ronnie greens are known for chewing up clock.

Ole Royse Bob, he is a great man. I would've loved for any of my children to play for him!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bulldogbacker78 said:

Ole Royse Bob, he is a great man. I would've loved for any of my children to play for him!

Yeah hes a good dude my head coach. He just hasn't done anything since 2013 don't. Como is bad bad this year losing to Tom Bean puts them at the bottom 2a d1 we should beat them by 50 this year unless they can play keep away then maybe 42 to 0.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, supermaroon said:

But the disrespect they are showing towards your hornets vs CP possibly the worst team in 2ad1 should fire your boys up. My prediction is 28 to 0 only because the fighting ronnie greens are known for chewing up clock.

Yes Como is bad, buy they handled Detroit and only lost 14-8 to Simms Bowie. Boles can't just think that they are going to show up and win. If Boles doesn't fix the false starts, Holdings, and turnovers it might end up being close. Bye week next week comes at a good time because Boles still has alot of improvement to to do before the rest of the district schedule.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, HornetSenior said:

Slot-t or wing-T. Something like that.

If they’re running one of those systems and are still so bad that y’all consider them to be the worst team in our division, they’re not running it right. We’ve played teams that run the slot-T, and watching them on film compared to us, they look like they’re in slow motion. There’s much more to the system than just learning the plays and alignments. It’s a mindset that everyone has to adapt. Until a coaching staff adapts it and relays it to the kids, nothing is going to help. It’s probably not going to help a team like CP beat someone like Cooper. But it should help them stay in a game with a HG or QB. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

If they’re running one of those systems and are still so bad that y’all consider them to be the worst team in our division, they’re not running it right. We’ve played teams that run the slot-T, and watching them on film compared to us, they look like they’re in slow motion. There’s much more to the system than just learning the plays and alignments. It’s a mindset that everyone has to adapt. Until a coaching staff adapts it and relays it to the kids, nothing is going to help. It’s probably not going to help a team like CP beat someone like Cooper. But it should help them stay in a game with a HG or QB. 

Having speed and talent might help a little as well. I have coacher this offense for over 35 years and see nothing wrong with the way they implement it. Yes, I have seen them play on film. Yes, I have had to scout them. The variant he runs comes from Allen Wilson. 

Edited by Bulldogbacker78
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watched the JH and JV matchups last night. CP JH won 32-6. They scored almost at will. CP JH was way bigger and faster than the Boles JH.

JV was the opposite With Boles up 18-0 at halftime and winning 24-6. CP JV was much slower than Boles and could barely get a 1st down until Boles starting putting back-ups in. Boles has about 25-30 kids on JV. A couple Freshmen that played against AG were back on JV this week. Boles should be pretty good for the next few years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

If they’re running one of those systems and are still so bad that y’all consider them to be the worst team in our division, they’re not running it right. We’ve played teams that run the slot-T, and watching them on film compared to us, they look like they’re in slow motion. There’s much more to the system than just learning the plays and alignments. It’s a mindset that everyone has to adapt. Until a coaching staff adapts it and relays it to the kids, nothing is going to help. It’s probably not going to help a team like CP beat someone like Cooper. But it should help them stay in a game with a HG or QB. 

I so much agree, like I said before it is a man building offense if done right. You have to WANT to be tough in order to do it properly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They run wing t favorite play is the hammer as the legendary coach Larry Stowers coined it. "Hit them with the Hammer!" It's the offense he's run for 15 to 20 years even while back at cooper. He's had success when he's had massive O-line and speedy backs. Like I said though while playing for him and watching him against my bulldogs and few bye week trips to watch, he might be the absolute best at eating up clock.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Boles 34 CP 0

I don't think Como had over 100 yards of offense even with a +30 yard play to end the 1st half. Boles Front 7 was in the Backfield all game. Boles' offense started off slow losing 2 fumbles in Como territory in the 1st quarter, but tget threw for 3 Tds in the 2nd quarter to lead 21-0 at Half. Boles added 2 Rushing TDs in the 2nd half.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, HornetSenior said:

Boles 34 CP 0

I don't think Como had over 100 yards of offense even with a +30 yard play to end the 1st half. Boles Front 7 was in the Backfield all game. Boles' offense started off slow losing 2 fumbles in Como territory in the 1st quarter, but tget threw for 3 Tds in the 2nd quarter to lead 21-0 at Half. Boles added 2 Rushing TDs in the 2nd half.

Congrats to you guys still have life in the playoff picture. Sad to see como fall back to who they always were not even being competitive. Wasn't that long ago they upset a few teams like wolfe city and celeste to finish 3rd in district and gave us hell for 3 quarters. Believe they made the playoffs 3 years in a row. As for the bulldogs won't be challenged until the playoffs which is scary to see how we'll handle adversity when it comes. But on another note can anyone in 2a beat timpson this year they are scary good!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, supermaroon said:

This week: 

Cooper vs CP us by whatever we want but I think casto will pull the dogs off in 2nd half 50 to 0.

WC vs AG going with my gut saying AG 35 to 20

HG vs RC going with HG 42 to 21

Cooper 56-0

AG 35-6

HG 42-14

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...