3AD1 district 11... 3A District of doom

lionpride08

Franklin (state champs d2)

Lorena (state champs d1)

Little River Academy (3 rounds)

Cameron (playoff team/rhoades 1st year)

Rockdale (playoff team that was young this past year)

Troy

Mcgregor

Really hope we get to host Lorena this year... Last time we had a game this big was against Yoe in 2016. Over 7k plus in Franklin

Guest Tiger03lb

That district is going to be fun. H*ll the whole region will be but definitely district 11s to win in region 3. Any of the 4 could win it

1 hour ago, lionpride08 said:

Franklin (state champs d2)

Lorena (state champs d1)

Little River Academy (3 rounds)

Cameron (playoff team/rhoades 1st year)

Rockdale (playoff team that was young this past year)

Troy

Mcgregor

Really hope we get to host Lorena this year... Last time we had a game this big was against Yoe in 2016. Over 7k plus in Franklin

Dang, where did y’all put all those fans with a seating capacity of 3671 ? 

6 minutes ago, player73 said:

Dang, where did y’all put all those fans with a seating capacity of 3671 ? 

Standing room on the sides and on the front fence.... The band sat on the track which they do all the time now. It took about 15 minutes to get to the rest room on the home side because of 4 or 5 rows of people standing all along the fence in the front with no walk way.

I wonder who's going to come out the other side alive? This district is gonna be like the Ali / Frazier fight.

It will be interesting to see who the favorite is prior to season vs prior to district. Yoemen better start tightening up them proverbial jock straps now.   

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CMat79 said:

I wonder who's going to come out the other side alive? This district is gonna be like the Ali / Frazier fight.

It will be interesting to see who the favorite is prior to season vs prior to district. Yoemen better start tightening up them proverbial jock straps now.   

I know Franklin should be pretty good still as well as Lorena. Im thinking they will have it 1. Lorena 2. Franklin 3. Academy 4. Cameron

2 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

Gonna depend on how good everyone else besides Franklin and Lorena actually are...

Academy i believe is going to bring a good bit back. Yoe will have another year with rhoades. Rockdale was young. I believe this district will live up to the hype

15 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

Gonna depend on how good everyone else besides Franklin and Lorena actually are...

So true, the Rhoades hype means nothing until his team proves it on the field.

Yoe may need a transfer or two to make them a true contender. Staff changes may be coming. I pick Lorena until  they are beaten.

Also keep a eye on Rockdale.

• Like 1

Lorena and Franklin should be ranked 1-2 in the State  going into the season. Not sure who’s 1 or 2. LRA should be solid. Yoe, Rockdale and Troy are being mentioned on past success. Heck of a district. Definitely the Region 3 rep comes from this district.

The district is brutal, no question about it.  Lorena & Franklin could definitely be preseason number 1/2 in the state.  I still need to get my hands on one all-district list to start compiling that. 

Academy had a historic season and returns enough pieces to be around that top 10 mix. 

Cameron was up by multiple scores on both Academy and Hallettsivlle last year, but could not close games.  You can have the best coach in the state, but if there is not a collective effort to be a winner, you're not going to win.  We saw an example of that from this year's senior class.  

Rockdale was very young and has a talented sophomore class.  There is not much talent around them.  Rockdale has talent issues in general right now for all sports. 

It would be shocking to see Troy or McGregor finish any higher than the bottom 2 here.  

3 hours ago, bulldogs99 said:

So true, the Rhoades hype means nothing until his team proves it on the field.

Yoe may need a transfer or two to make them a true contender. Staff changes may be coming. I pick Lorena until  they are beaten.

Also keep a eye on Rockdale.

We did beat them... Does that make us the one? None of it matters next year but i believe they will have Lorena 1 and Franklin 2 in District

57 minutes ago, Yoe09 said:

The district is brutal, no question about it.  Lorena & Franklin could definitely be preseason number 1/2 in the state.  I still need to get my hands on one all-district list to start compiling that. 

Academy had a historic season and returns enough pieces to be around that top 10 mix. 

Cameron was up by multiple scores on both Academy and Hallettsivlle last year, but could not close games.  You can have the best coach in the state, but if there is not a collective effort to be a winner, you're not going to win.  We saw an example of that from this year's senior class.  

Rockdale was very young and has a talented sophomore class.  There is not much talent around them.  Rockdale has talent issues in general right now for all sports. 

It would be shocking to see Troy or McGregor finish any higher than the bottom 2 here.  

Which all district team do you need? I might be able to help find it

Don’t under estimate a Rhoades coached team.  Last season (his first since coming back) he was working with the previous regime mentality of practicing and on the field toughness.   Last year the Yoemen battled thru one of the toughest seasons in years. 
Rhoades biggest assignment this season is finding the right QB to lead the Yoemen.  
My sleeper for district 11 is Academy.  Academy may have one of the best HC in 3a.  They definitely have one of the best young QB’s in 3a.   Started as a sophomore last season.   
Looking forward to seeing how this district unfolds. A good possibility there could be another state champion coming out of this district.