3AD1 district 11... 3A District of doom

lionpride08

7 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

What I understand it’s a good hire.  He was the co-defensive coordinator there at Halletsville.  He’ll bring more energy and experience.

On another note a very talented Hemphill has left the Cameron program.   Rumor is that he has enroll at Academy. 

I understand Mr. Hemphill had problems recently at the end of track season. I believe it was like either you are with us or out the door. Mr Hemphill and his handlers chose out the door. Best of luck to Mr Hemphill at his new destination.  Yoe don't kick the ball to the guy or you will be sorry.

Yoe has been pretty much irrelevant for the last six years, what I mean by that is  not really in the conversation as a state title contender.

Rhoades and staff making a effort to change the culture at Yoe. Guess Yoe fans will see if it works. Lot of athletes have been on easy street in Cameron for awhile.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bulldogs99 said:

I understand Mr. Hemphill had problems recently at the end of track season. I believe it was like either you are with us or out the door. Mr Hemphill and his handlers chose out the door. Best of luck to Mr Hemphill at his new destination.  Yoe don't kick the ball to the guy or you will be sorry.

Yoe has been pretty much irrelevant for the last six years, what I mean by that is  not really in the conversation as a state title contender.

Rhoades and staff making a effort to change the culture at Yoe. Guess Yoe fans will see if it works. Lot of athletes have been on easy street in Cameron for awhile.

he is at Temple, wont be playing him

1 hour ago, CMat79 said:

What happened to last year DC?

Former DC went to Magnolia. 
Hired the co/dc from Halletsville. 
Yoe’s 7on 7 team went undefeated Saturday and beat Lorena in the championship game to qualify for the state 7on7 tournament. 

2 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

Former DC went to Magnolia. 
Hired the co/dc from Halletsville. 
Yoe’s 7on 7 team went undefeated Saturday and beat Lorena in the championship game to qualify for the state 7on7 tournament. 

Who was the QB(s)? 

On 5/9/2022 at 1:55 PM, yoenation79 said:

Drake, who was the backup last season. 
Team consisted mostly of Last seasons JV & Freshman players.  Rhoades is coaching these boys up.  

I hope he gets coaches back in the junior high to instill the program. And I hope the whole team is working out together every chance they get, pushing each other and themselves to be the best they can be when they step into Yoe Field this September. Because next season is going to be no joke.

#DefendTheTradition

20210410_163635.jpg

7 hours ago, bulldogs99 said:

79 rumor is line coach Dooley is leaving Yoe.

I think he’s already has left. 
What I understand Rhoades needs to hire about 10 new coaches.  That includes Junior High too for the upcoming school year.  
These larger school districts are poaching coaches from smaller districts.  The smaller districts just can’t match the salaries.   Not enough coaches staying in the profession any longer. 

10 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

What I understand Rhoades needs to hire about 10 new coaches.  That includes Junior High too for the upcoming school year.  
These larger school districts are poaching coaches from smaller districts.  The smaller districts just can’t match the salaries.   Not enough coaches staying in the profession any longer. 

I heard an interview with Head Football Coach - Jason Herring in Reguio a while back. His staff, including himself, were coaching the kids from Junior High on up through high school. The system worked very well since the players coming up the ranks were getting the same coaching as the varsity players. With such a shortage of coaches today, I wonder if more smaller schools may go to this style?? Not sure if he is still doing this, but its a genius philosophy if you think about it. 

On 5/11/2022 at 9:29 PM, yoenation79 said:

79 Rumor is that Rhoades has secured a Head Baseball Coach and Girls Head Basketball Coach he is working to fill those 10 vacancies.

Guest Tiger03lb
On 5/12/2022 at 7:53 AM, CMat79 said:

I heard an interview with Head Football Coach - Jason Herring in Reguio a while back. His staff, including himself, were coaching the kids from Junior High on up through high school. The system worked very well since the players coming up the ranks were getting the same coaching as the varsity players. With such a shortage of coaches today, I wonder if more smaller schools may go to this style?? Not sure if he is still doing this, but its a genius philosophy if you think about it. 

I'll agree to this. I've seen Driskell coaching kids when he can on the sidelines. Hell, I've seen him throwing the baseball around to little kids at baseball games. 

On 5/23/2022 at 6:16 PM, bulldogs99 said:

79 what you think of the new baseball coach?  Heard he was a assistant  under  Coach Holder. Holder was at Yoe under Sapp.

Sapp was the AD and hired Scott Holder.   Holder grew up in Thorndale and graduated from A&M. 
I believe Sapp gave him his first job.  Holder is the head baseball coach now at Ponder.  He spent I believe around 18 years at A&M Consolidate.  Where
Holder won a state baseball championships.  So an assistant under him should be an excellent hire.  Only time will tell.