Jump to content

3AD1 district 11... 3A District of doom


lionpride08
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 2/3/2022 at 3:58 PM, lionpride08 said:

I know Franklin should be pretty good still as well as Lorena. Im thinking they will have it 1. Lorena 2. Franklin 3. Academy 4. Cameron

I believe 24 is a Junior, correct? Just watched some highlights on this kid. I may have 1 Franklin 2 Yoe 3 Lorena 4 Academy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, CMat79 said:

I believe 24 is a Junior, correct? Just watched some highlights on this kid. I may have 1 Franklin 2 Yoe 3 Lorena 4 Academy

No he was a senior but his two younger brothers will take over and they are just as athletic and fast with good football iq

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/4/2022 at 9:42 AM, bulldogs99 said:

So true, the Rhoades hype means nothing until his team proves it on the field.

Yoe may need a transfer or two to make them a true contender. Staff changes may be coming. I pick Lorena until  they are beaten.

Also keep a eye on Rockdale.

Unless you know something about Rockdale the rest of us don't...

Everyone seems convinced Yoe and LR-A are going to be the other two playoff entries...

You're right about Rhoades. I said from Jump Street that the attitude and culture that Brashear had to deal with, if Rhoades was going to be able to fix it or find himself under the same "thumb"... If the latter, it's going to be a long two years (at least) in Yoe Nation...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

Unless you know something about Rockdale the rest of us don't...

Everyone seems convinced Yoe and LR-A are going to be the other two playoff entries...

You're right about Rhoades. I said from Jump Street that the attitude and culture that Brashear had to deal with, if Rhoades was going to be able to fix it or find himself under the same "thumb"... If the latter, it's going to be a long two years (at least) in Yoe Nation...

 

Would you say Brashear and the Administration  during his tenure created the  attitude and culture problems?  

Yoe fans had high expectations for Rhoades when he came to Yoe for the second go around and a lot of fans have  had to crawfish a bit.

If Rhoades can turn  the program around it remains to be seen.  His past history at Yoe would lead you to believe he will make them elite again.

It will be a new season  in 2022 and the State championship is up for grabs.  Good luck to all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bulldogs99 said:

Would you say Brashear and the Administration  during his tenure created the  attitude and culture problems?  

Yoe fans had high expectations for Rhoades when he came to Yoe for the second go around and a lot of fans have  had to crawfish a bit.

If Rhoades can turn  the program around it remains to be seen.  His past history at Yoe would lead you to believe he will make them elite again.

It will be a new season  in 2022 and the State championship is up for grabs.  Good luck to all.

Well let’s look at the schedule last season. 
2 state champions: Lorena and Franklin. 
Semi finalist:  Lago Vista. Academy 3 rounds deep.   4a Bellville 3 rounds deep.   Played a 5A d1 school Lake Belton (9-1) who was not eligible for the playoffs. 
Numerous injuries through the season.  A quarterback with a broken foot playing against Halletsville and still almost pulled off a win. 
There’s no crawfishing here with the rehiring of Rhoades. 
He’s got to reinvigorate that 2nd half finishing toughness that has been lost the last few years. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/13/2022 at 3:06 PM, bulldogs99 said:

Would you say Brashear and the Administration  during his tenure created the  attitude and culture problems?  

Yoe fans had high expectations for Rhoades when he came to Yoe for the second go around and a lot of fans have  had to crawfish a bit.

If Rhoades can turn  the program around it remains to be seen.  His past history at Yoe would lead you to believe he will make them elite again.

It will be a new season  in 2022 and the State championship is up for grabs.  Good luck to all.

Nope. I've talked about this before. I'd say it's a parenting issue. Refer to the "Discipline Issues" topic I just posted. This is exactly what I was told about by a few coaches (Not just at Yoe) over the last five years - Students act up, teachers/coaches try to discipline them, the next day parents are in the Superintendent's office threatening to sue. You want to know why so few want to teach, especially skilled candidates? They would rather take other jobs that pay more and don't require having to deal with unruly kids when you essentially can't do anything about it. That's what I've flat out been told by a few in administrative positions.

And I said when Rhoades was re-hired, I wonder how he's going to deal with this. Or if they're going to let him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/15/2022 at 12:21 PM, 88YoePride said:

Nope. I've talked about this before. I'd say it's a parenting issue. Refer to the "Discipline Issues" topic I just posted. This is exactly what I was told about by a few coaches (Not just at Yoe) over the last five years - Students act up, teachers/coaches try to discipline them, the next day parents are in the Superintendent's office threatening to sue. You want to know why so few want to teach, especially skilled candidates? They would rather take other jobs that pay more and don't require having to deal with unruly kids when you essentially can't do anything about it. That's what I've flat out been told by a few in administrative positions.

And I said when Rhoades was re-hired, I wonder how he's going to deal with this. Or if they're going to let him.

I hear what you're saying 88 but every high school coach in America is dealing with this same culture and still at the end of the day, state champions and great teams come through every season.  The problem is that Cameron has had about 4 years of a declining winning attitude and football savvy in their culture and it's gonna take time to get it back. 

Rhoades is the right guy for the job, if for nothing else, getting that winning way of doing things back in the fold. Whether he can take Yoe to the promised land in Arlington again all depends how long he wants to coach and the talent level that's coming through in the next few years. Having said that, this district next year is gonna be tough on everyone!

Hit the Weights, Basic Coverage & Learn to Tackle Again would solve 80% of the issues.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/17/2022 at 12:15 PM, CMat79 said:

I hear what you're saying 88 but every high school coach in America is dealing with this same culture and still at the end of the day, state champions and great teams come through every season.  The problem is that Cameron has had about 4 years of a declining winning attitude and football savvy in their culture and it's gonna take time to get it back. 

Rhoades is the right guy for the job, if for nothing else, getting that winning way of doing things back in the fold. Whether he can take Yoe to the promised land in Arlington again all depends how long he wants to coach and the talent level that's coming through in the next few years. Having said that, this district next year is gonna be tough on everyone!

Hit the Weights, Basic Coverage & Learn to Tackle Again would solve 80% of the issues.

I don't believe they all do, certainly not on the same levels. Ask Lion if they have that problem with kids in their program in Franklin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/17/2022 at 12:15 PM, CMat79 said:

I hear what you're saying 88 but every high school coach in America is dealing with this same culture and still at the end of the day, state champions and great teams come through every season.  The problem is that Cameron has had about 4 years of a declining winning attitude and football savvy in their culture and it's gonna take time to get it back. 

Rhoades is the right guy for the job, if for nothing else, getting that winning way of doing things back in the fold. Whether he can take Yoe to the promised land in Arlington again all depends how long he wants to coach and the talent level that's coming through in the next few years. Having said that, this district next year is gonna be tough on everyone!

Hit the Weights, Basic Coverage & Learn to Tackle Again would solve 80% of the issues.

Whether Brashear or parents are responsible for the decline in the Yoe football culture, you're right - It needs to be gotten back, and I believe Rhoades can do it. Like I said, if they let him. I don't know exactly what's going on  in the administration building. I hope they and the parents are letting Coach do what he needs to do. And yes, I hope the kids are buying back into it. You could tell by watching the team on the sideline dwindle little by little over those five years.

But it ain't just on the coaches. The community has to be invested and participate in the resurgence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 2/13/2022 at 5:03 PM, yoenation79 said:

Well let’s look at the schedule last season. 
2 state champions: Lorena and Franklin. 
Semi finalist:  Lago Vista. Academy 3 rounds deep.   4a Bellville 3 rounds deep.   Played a 5A d1 school Lake Belton (9-1) who was not eligible for the playoffs. 
Numerous injuries through the season.  A quarterback with a broken foot playing against Halletsville and still almost pulled off a win. 
There’s no crawfishing here with the rehiring of Rhoades. 
He’s got to reinvigorate that 2nd half finishing toughness that has been lost the last few years. 
 

Hey - Got any info on this DC candidate I heard about? Former Halletsville/Mineola?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bulldogs99 said:

Balch may be coming home. Yoe fans ready for that? Oh Boy!

Not exactly ready for that.  Heard also of a couple of other candidates that are a possibility. 
There is an issue within the coaching and education profession right now that is very concerning.  There are allot of good educators/coaches leaving the profession.  Sometimes you have to take what’s available.  Even if it’s not the best. 
It’s a damn shame. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

Not exactly ready for that.  Heard also of a couple of other candidates that are a possibility. 
There is an issue within the coaching and education profession right now that is very concerning.  There are allot of good educators/coaches leaving the profession.  Sometimes you have to take what’s available.  Even if it’s not the best. 
It’s a damn shame. 

Yoe Nation 79 your  statement about educators/ coaches is very factual. I believe you will be satisfied with the Yoe DC selection. Yoe may actually surprise some folks this season in Football.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just did my last game Friday night . Will do nothing but teach the next 3 years then retire from that also. It is just so different now. Had a parent tell me you cannot hold a kid in High School accountable at that age for all bad behavior. I ask them when should you hold them accountable, their answer, 19 to 20. I told her that by that time it could be to late and it could lead to them going to jail. I had to sit though a lecture by admin on how I could not tell a parent that a student could be possibly going to jail. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Tiger03lb
38 minutes ago, 514 said:

Just did my last game Friday night . Will do nothing but teach the next 3 years then retire from that also. It is just so different now. Had a parent tell me you cannot hold a kid in High School accountable at that age for all bad behavior. I ask them when should you hold them accountable, their answer, 19 to 20. I told her that by that time it could be to late and it could lead to them going to jail. I had to sit though a lecture by admin on how I could not tell a parent that a student could be possibly going to jail. 

People can't handle hard truths and get into there feelings. Sad that it has gotten to this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

Not exactly ready for that.  Heard also of a couple of other candidates that are a possibility. 
There is an issue within the coaching and education profession right now that is very concerning.  There are allot of good educators/coaches leaving the profession.  Sometimes you have to take what’s available.  Even if it’s not the best. 
It’s a damn shame. 

Like I said...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 514 said:

Just did my last game Friday night . Will do nothing but teach the next 3 years then retire from that also. It is just so different now. Had a parent tell me you cannot hold a kid in High School accountable at that age for all bad behavior. I ask them when should you hold them accountable, their answer, 19 to 20. I told her that by that time it could be to late and it could lead to them going to jail. I had to sit though a lecture by admin on how I could not tell a parent that a student could be possibly going to jail. 

What did I say?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, 514 said:

Just did my last game Friday night . Will do nothing but teach the next 3 years then retire from that also. It is just so different now. Had a parent tell me you cannot hold a kid in High School accountable at that age for all bad behavior. I ask them when should you hold them accountable, their answer, 19 to 20. I told her that by that time it could be to late and it could lead to them going to jail. I had to sit though a lecture by admin on how I could not tell a parent that a student could be possibly going to jail. 

I wish you nothing but the best in your next venture. 
Discipline starts at home.  Unfortunately the discipline that needs to be administered no longer exist.  Now a days discipline at home is “time out” which is laughable.  
I don’t blame any educator/coach leaving the profession these days.   
God bless you all that do stay around.  

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/25/2022 at 8:04 PM, yoenation79 said:

I wish you nothing but the best in your next venture. 
Discipline starts at home.  Unfortunately the discipline that needs to be administered no longer exist.  Now a days discipline at home is “time out” which is laughable.  
I don’t blame any educator/coach leaving the profession these days.   
God bless you all that do stay around.  

 

Nation 79 what  are your  thoughts on  the the unofficial  hire of the co coordinator from Hallettsville.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/1/2022 at 6:01 PM, bulldogs99 said:

Nation 79 what  are your  thoughts on  the the unofficial  hire of the co coordinator from Hallettsville.

 

What I understand it’s a good hire.  He was the co-defensive coordinator there at Halletsville.  He’ll bring more energy and experience.

On another note a very talented Hemphill has left the Cameron program.   Rumor is that he has enroll at Academy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

What I understand it’s a good hire.  He was the co-defensive coordinator there at Halletsville.  He’ll bring more energy and experience.

On another note a very talented Hemphill has left the Cameron program.   Rumor is that he has enroll at Academy. 

Losing Hemphill is huge! Never thought I'd see the day when someone left Cameron for LRA.

79, is trouble still lurking in paradise?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As far as discipline issues and parents, this is the problem.  I have heard it stated like this: Today's parents are snowplow parents.  What do I mean by this???  Parents today do whatever they can to clear a path for their children.  It is never their fault.

 

Parents need to allow their children to handle their own issues.  Most kids today have trouble succeeding when they go off to college because their parents are not their to fix their problems.

 

My 2 cents.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, CMat79 said:

Losing Hemphill is huge! Never thought I'd see the day when someone left Cameron for LRA.

79, is trouble still lurking in paradise?

Hemphill is enrolled at Temple High School 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...