09/16 - vs North Mesquite*
09/23 - at McKinney North*
10/07 - vs Lancaster*
10/14 - vs West Mesquite*
10/21 - at Lufkin*
10/28 - vs Tyler*
11/04 - at Forney*

• Like 1

• LoboFan07 changed the title to 2022 District 7-5A Division I Football Thread

https://www.6atexasfootball.com/forum/main-forum/team-threads/77-official-longview-lobo-thread-home-of-lobo-nation?p=662083#post662083

Gave a little bit of a run down, just as a quick run down.

Obviously top teams are Longview, Frisco Lone Star, Mansfield Timberview and Crosby.

Will be interesting to see how Lufkin responds (as well as I think New Caney Porter will benefit from a lesser district). Lancaster no doubt will still be a big test. Tyler has the potential to have a good season as well.

Region II no doubt has gotten significantly "easier." I don't like using that word, but with College Station and Denton Ryan both gone, that's the best term I could think of.

Still, should be an exciting year in 5A Division I Region II. I welcome the cockiness of Crosby fans that I have seen over the previous two seasons (and that we're already seeing on other boards).

• Like 1

North Mesquite 2022 Schedule: (Only have 8 games thus far)
Week 1 - North Garland (location unknown)
Week 2 - Mesquite (location unknown)
Week 3 - North Forney (location unknown)
09/16 - at Tyler*
10/07 - v. West Mesquite*
10/14 - vs Longview*
10/21 - at Forney*
10/04 - McKinney North* (location unknown)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cujoforlife said:

In two years Terrell could be in the district. 

Doubtful. They've only gained 300 students in the last decade. No doubt they're growing but can't see them growing that much before next go around. That's a good 600+ students.

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

Doubtful. They've only gained 300 students in the last decade. No doubt they're growing but can't see them growing that much before next go around. That's a good 600+ students.

A lot of people are out there. Me and husband being one of them. People are leaving Dallas to find cheaper housing.

Little review of 8-5A Division I:
https://www.lobohistory.com/blog/2022/realignment85AD1.html

Going to be frank, the district is not good apart from PA Memorial and Crosby. Barbers Hill could be good, but it's clearly a two horse race.

That 4th spot is completely wide open but I do think Porter will benefit greatly from this district.

West Mesquite 2022 Schedule:
08/26 - vs Dallas Kimball
09/02 - v. Mesquite Poteet
09/09 - vs Fort Worth Chisholm Trail
09/16 - vs Forney*
09/23 - v. North Mesquite*
10/07 - vs McKinney North
10/14 - at Tyler*
10/21 - vs Lancaster*
10/28 - at Lufkin*
11/04 - vs Longview*

Wranglers don't leave Mesquite until their 7th game of the season, in mid October.

8 home games (two technically neutral), with 2 true away games. Sets them up good for this season...gonna be rough next year.

McKinney North 2022 Schedule:
08/25 - vs Garland
09/02 - vs Justin Northwest
09/09 - at Frisco Memorial
09/16 - at Lancaster*
09/23 - vs Tyler*
10/07 - at West Mesquite*
10/14 - vs Lufkin*
10/21 - at Longview*
10/28 - vs Forney*
11/04 - North Mesquite* (location unknown)

2 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Playoffs should be fun. 

Definitely some long road trips.

Would imagine Crosby/Port Arthur Memorial finish top 2.

It's hard for me to not think Barbers Hill will finish 3rd.

That last spot is completely up for grabs. La Porte has been really down. The Baytown schools are awful. New Caney Porter is not good, but should benefit from a significantly easier district than their last two years. Kingwood Park is not good either.

Will be an interesting race to watch.

18 minutes ago, LufkinPack said:

Lufkin won’t make the playoffs. We will be 4-6 again. Might improve to 5-5. We will lose to Tyler Legacy, Lobos, Cujo, Lancaster and McKinney North. The Nac game is a toss up. Forney might beat us. Idk. I have zero confidence in Lufkin football lol. 

Y'all should make the playoffs in this district.

I'll give you losing to Longview/Tyler/Lancaster...but y'all will have the talent to beat North as long as you don't turn the ball over 5 times like we did last Thursday night. Forney won't be a factor IMO.

No doubt Quick's coaching will make the difference in a top finish or not, but...ehhh, we know how that's gone.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Y'all should make the playoffs in this district.

I'll give you losing to Longview/Tyler/Lancaster...but y'all will have the talent to beat North as long as you don't turn the ball over 5 times like we did last Thursday night. Forney won't be a factor IMO.

No doubt Quick's coaching will make the difference in a top finish or not, but...ehhh, we know how that's gone.

This staff is utter garbage. They couldn’t coach themselves out of a paper bag. On top of that, I’m still not sure we will have the talent to beat teams. The talent is definitely low right now, other than that freshmen class we have. Quick and company won’t help those guys any once they get to varsity. So I don’t look for any of them to be a factor in 2022. Some Lufkin folks think we will be improved. Based off what? I don’t see it. 007 and I are about the only ones that have lost all faith. It’s sad, but I honestly can’t wait to watch John King and Longview curb stomp Lufkin. Some of these folks around here need a reality check. I love Lufkin, but I’m not gonna sugar coat anything. We’re a dumpster fire headed nowhere. 

• Wow 1
  • SMH 1

On 2/3/2022 at 5:32 PM, LoboFan07 said:

https://www.6atexasfootball.com/forum/main-forum/team-threads/77-official-longview-lobo-thread-home-of-lobo-nation?p=662083#post662083

Gave a little bit of a run down, just as a quick run down.

Obviously top teams are Longview, Frisco Lone Star, Mansfield Timberview and Crosby.

Will be interesting to see how Lufkin responds (as well as I think New Caney Porter will benefit from a lesser district). Lancaster no doubt will still be a big test. Tyler has the potential to have a good season as well.

Region II no doubt has gotten significantly "easier." I don't like using that word, but with College Station and Denton Ryan both gone, that's the best term I could think of.

Still, should be an exciting year in 5A Division I Region II. I welcome the cockiness of Crosby fans that I have seen over the previous two seasons (and that we're already seeing on other boards).

Can I steal your rundown for the district newspaper? Byline credit to you, of course. 

• Love 1

21 minutes ago, LufkinPack said:

This staff is utter garbage. They couldn’t coach themselves out of a paper bag. On top of that, I’m still not sure we will have the talent to beat teams. The talent is definitely low right now, other than that freshmen class we have. Quick and company won’t help those guys any once they get to varsity. So I don’t look for any of them to be a factor in 2022. Some Lufkin folks think we will be improved. Based off what? I don’t see it. 007 and I are about the only ones that have lost all faith. It’s sad, but I honestly can’t wait to watch John King and Longview curb stomp Lufkin. Some of these folks around here need a reality check. I love Lufkin, but I’m not gonna sugar coat anything. We’re a dumpster fire headed nowhere. 

That's a bummer, man. I think the LV/LP is one of the best rivalries in East Texas. It reminds me of OU/UT because you can just throw the stats out the window. 

12 minutes ago, LOL said:

That's a bummer, man. I think the LV/LP is one of the best rivalries in East Texas. It reminds me of OU/UT because you can just throw the stats out the window. 

Yeah. Maybe I’m just in my feelings from the 2021 season still, but I see 2022 going like that last playoff game we had against each other. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Definitely some long road trips.

Would imagine Crosby/Port Arthur Memorial finish top 2.

It's hard for me to not think Barbers Hill will finish 3rd.

That last spot is completely up for grabs. La Porte has been really down. The Baytown schools are awful. New Caney Porter is not good, but should benefit from a significantly easier district than their last two years. Kingwood Park is not good either.

Will be an interesting race to watch.

In bold: that solely depends on how open our offensive playbook is. 

3 hours ago, LufkinPack said:

Yeah. Maybe I’m just in my feelings from the 2021 season still, but I see 2022 going like that last playoff game we had against each other. 

I'm already prepping myself for a knockdown dragout.  :D