2 hours ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

I definitely believe this if the quarterback play improves but I think the jury is still out on whether or not that will happen.

I'll say this, there is definitely someone on the roster that gives us a good chance to do big things. No, he isnt Haynes King level but he manages the game very well and doesn't make many mistakes. He could be Josh Thomas level of talent but with a different skillset.

Just a matter of getting him on the field. If we can't get em on the field well...we'd better hope that the 3 year guy hits stride this year. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ANTI said:

I'll say this, there is definitely someone on the roster that gives us a good chance to do big things. No, he isnt Haynes King level but he manages the game very well and doesn't make many mistakes. He could be Josh Thomas level of talent but with a different skillset.

Just a matter of getting him on the field. If we can't get em on the field well...we'd better hope that the 3 year guy hits stride this year. 

I'm not sure which one you are talking about.  Are you saying he has done the things in bold at the varsity level or that you believe he will be able to do this?

1 hour ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

I'm not sure which one you are talking about.  Are you saying he has done the things in bold at the varsity level or that you believe he will be able to do this?

This year be three qb battle then in 2023 as well.

1 minute ago, WolverBean said:

So not the two rowe brothers and tutt? I know from what hear 24 should be one sided (2027 kid ) 

Maverick and Tutt I bet. And that's gonna be an insane battle.

That one in '27 is our next great QB...I'm talking challenging HK for that top spot...and I think he jumps the younger Rowe (who is also talented) eventually. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Maverick and Tutt I bet. And that's gonna be an insane battle.

That one in '27 is our next great QB...I'm talking challenging HK for that top spot...and I think he jumps the younger Rowe (who is also talented) eventually. 

Figure sophmore Houston rowe be jv qb next year why jr maverick  rowe battle senior tutt for qb1  24 brother battle for qb1 👀

Why do you Lobo guys in the know believe Grant came back out?  I just don't see Coach King putting much stock in a guy who sat out his junior year.  To me, loyalty means so much to him and that's what gave Allen the advantage over Thomas and I think Tutt will have to prove he's more than just a little better than Allen to get the nod.  

I hope the dust settles on the qb situation sooner rather than later because I would really like to see the Lobos make a run at the title.

30 minutes ago, LOL said:

My uninformed, uneducated, unqualified way-too-early 2022 depth chart is this...
QB1: Tutt
QB2: Allen
QB3: Grant

Take it with a grain of salt. 

My setiments exactly.

2 hours ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

Why do you Lobo guys in the know believe Grant came back out?  I just don't see Coach King putting much stock in a guy who sat out his junior year.  To me, loyalty means so much to him and that's what gave Allen the advantage over Thomas and I think Tutt will have to prove he's more than just a little better than Allen to get the nod.  

I hope the dust settles on the qb situation sooner rather than later because I would really like to see the Lobos make a run at the title.

Since I'm *not* in the know about this situation, I'll just say this: these are kids. They make decisions, they change their minds, and sometimes they reverse course. 

I'm glad to see him back, and wish him the best. If he's the Week 1 starter, I'll be yelling my head off in support. 

• Like 4

On 4/10/2022 at 9:26 AM, LoboFan07 said:

190-27 the last 4 years speaks volumes (especially with how underwhelming we’ve been the last 2).

The lost of Tyler’s QB was the downfall of the team. It’s sad but true. It seems to but to Develop quarterbacks at Tyler high that doesn’t already have talent to be one. Trying to turn an athlete into a QB hasn’t been working now like it didn’t in the past.

2 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

The last of Tyler’s QB was the downfall of the team. It’s sad but true. It seems to but to Develop quarterbacks at Tyler high that doesn’t already have talent to be one. Trying to turn an athlete into a QB hasn’t been working now like it didn’t in the past.

We have some sophomores to be that are SOLID coming up. I'm very optimistic about it. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CUJONATION83 said:

We have some sophomores to be that are SOLID coming up. I'm very optimistic about it. 

I have said it before. Maybe changing the offense would help. Go more to a pro style offense. Where they have to Rely on having a great QB but one that can get the ball to their play makers. Use the host of RB that they have.

On 4/12/2022 at 5:13 PM, CUJONATION83 said:

On paper, this is probably Cujo best team since Cadillac team, and honestl they might be better on paper. Outside of QB and probably DE, they should be better at every position compared to last yr.  Hopefully they can find a qb, and with the changes to the staff hoping things will be much better Lots of players back, along with some key tranfers.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

On paper, this is probably Cujo best team since Cadillac team, and honestl they might be better on paper. Outside of QB and probably DE, they should be better at every position compared to last yr.  Hopefully they can find a qb, and with the changes to the staff hoping things will be much better Lots of players back, along with some key tranfers.

Most definitely! This should be Tyler High's best team since 18. Numbers are in SOLID SHAPE and some transfers 

Missing Lancaster/West Mesquite but here's the scrimmage list for mid August that I've been able to find...

08/18 -
Forney vs Frisco Liberty
McKinney North vs Frisco
North Mesquite vs Richardson (TBA on location)

08/19 -
Longview vs Texas High
Lufkin vs Huntsville
Tyler at Terrell

4 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Missing Lancaster/West Mesquite but here's the scrimmage list for mid August that I've been able to find...

08/18 -
Forney vs Frisco Liberty
McKinney North vs Frisco
North Mesquite vs Richardson (TBA on location)

08/19 -
Longview vs Texas High
Lufkin vs Huntsville
Tyler at Terrell

Lancaster is scrimmaging Desoto 

• Like 1

On 4/12/2022 at 2:50 PM, cujoforlife said:

The lost of Tyler’s QB was the downfall of the team. It’s sad but true. It seems to but to Develop quarterbacks at Tyler high that doesn’t already have talent to be one. Trying to turn an athlete into a QB hasn’t been working now like it didn’t in the past.

I agree! I think they would have went deep if the QB wouldn't have gotten hurt. I never seen Qb make that much a difference to team. The backups were not developed at all. The offense could not function at all. Turned from good team to horrible.