On 4/9/2022 at 10:50 AM, WolverBean said:

Hopefully tired of whooping them lions on the yearly want more of a competitive game.

Lol,like i say we can't  hog players here. We have to build up a good team more often than not. Im sure the the outcome is better fot Tyler, when yall play vs good tyler teams but your mostly on the winning end overall. Its all good but hopefully its different this year.

• Roll Eyes 1

Man say man, all I’m going to say is. Every team in this district should be afraid lol. This is one of the most talented tyler teams we have fielded probably 14 or 18 . Crazy potential across the board. Also we got something we haven’t had in a while. SIZE AND DEPTH. Has to be one of the deepest teams we’ve had in a while. If it gels no team we play is safe. Trust me if you don’t believe it now you will later. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Man say man, all I’m going to say is. Every team in this district should be afraid lol. This is one of the most talented tyler teams we have fielded probably 14 or 18 . Crazy potential across the board. Also we got something we haven’t had in a while. SIZE AND DEPTH. Has to be one of the deepest teams we’ve had in a while. If it gels no team we play is safe. Trust me if you don’t believe it now you will later. 

I don't give into hype at all, but this year's Tyler high team has the potential to be every bit as good as the 18 team if certain things break right. They have SPEED, SIZE AND SOLID DEPTH. Alot of work still ahead. 

16 hours ago, kingwolf said:

If you dig into potential starters and then look at depth….might be the deepest varsity team talent wise we have had in decades…the defensive rotation on the front 7 is sick….

Most of the big names from last year are still there, and there are so many "unknown" underclassmen coming up who are going to "come out of nowhere" this season. 

It's going to be fun. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kingwolf said:

If you dig into potential starters and then look at depth….might be the deepest varsity team talent wise we have had in decades…the defensive rotation on the front 7 is sick….

Name any Longview team...and my money says this one beats it in the depth department. Even the state championship team (outside of the TE position). 

But even then, I'm seeing something on the roster that is very interesting at TE. And no one has brought it up yet.

I've been telling people that 6'2.5 '24 TE Darensbourg is our next big TE....and he certainly is. But the issue coming into spring and the '22 season was depth behind him.

Well, it looks like those two big and tall '25 DE's Bryant Williams and DK Nelson have switched to TE...at least for the time being. I'm sure that they'll still be involved with the DL rotation but both of those guys at the TE position definitely addresses the depth at the position.....officially making Longview deep at every position.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Every team in this district should be afraid lol.

Eh.

Not gonna lie, there's not a single team on our sch this year (or in the first two rounds really) that 'scares' me.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, LOL said:

and there are so many "unknown" underclassmen coming up who are going to "come out of nowhere" this season. 

It's going to be fun. 

5 "unknown" names to know:

'25 LB Kason Brooks (brother of stud starter Kaden Brooks...pops was a DI LB on the '97-'98 teams. He and another LB that I'll discuss in a bit make up a LB tandem that you dont see at Longview in ONE grade too often).

'24 WR Ethan Harrison (this is probably the deepest, most talented WR group that Longview has had. Outside of Hamilton, every wideout in the immediate rotation is north of 6'0 and Harrison is one of them. Great route runner, great hands....who knows how much he'll contribute with the position being so deep but if anyone goes down, Harrison can certainly fill the void). 

'25 LB Brenden Reese (certainly someone that Lobo fans better start getting familiar with now. Reese brings size and physicality to the LB position that Lobo fans have only seen from 3 LBs since the '97 season....Leon Bell, Babyboy and Antajun Guinn)

'24 LB Drew Pierce (Yeah....the 2nd level of the Lobo defense is sick this year. I've been waiting for this one to hit varsity since he was a Judson Blue Devil. Another kid of a former '97-'98 stud...Pierce brings nothing but production to the LB position)

'25 RB Boosie Washington (So, what's beyond Taylor Tatum? Another future DI back. In fact, Taylor Tatum is the beginning of a string of dominant backs that'll carry the rock for Longview the next several years. Washington is electrifying, the type of back that'll bring the "ooos and ahhhs" out of crowds. Can't wait to see him this spring)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, CUJONATION83 said:

I don't give into hype at all, but this year's Tyler high team has the potential to be every bit as good as the 18 team if certain things break right. They have SPEED, SIZE AND SOLID DEPTH. Alot of work still ahead. 

IYKYK. This team will scare a lot of people that will think low of them. That's the good part it will make it easier for us.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Eh.

Not gonna lie, there's not a single team on our sch this year (or in the first two rounds really) that 'scares' me.

Tyler will be (or should be) much better...I give them that. Definitely a playoff team in my book and heck, we may even play them twice this year.

But, improved enough to knock us off? I don't see it.

I especially feel bad for Lee this year.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

That's Fair, all I'm saying is don't be shocked, that's all.

I think we all know Tyler will be a better team. Just how much better is the question.

I don’t feel like there’s much of a challenge the first half of the season tbh. 

Could easily see us both undefeated going into our game against one another. The North game on a Thursday will be interesting, but before that, it should be blow outs.

55 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Tyler will be (or should be) much better...I give them that. Definitely a playoff team in my book and heck, we may even play them twice this year.

Agreed. But who knows with the way King has played his kids in recent years. Hopefully by the time we get to Tyler, Tutt will have taken over as he should going into the season.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

3 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

I think we all know Tyler will be a better team. Just how much better is the question.

I don’t feel like there’s much of a challenge the first half of the season tbh. 

Could easily see us both undefeated going into our game against one another. The North game on a Thursday will be interesting, but before that, it should be blow outs.

This is how I see it also I hope we are both undefeated also going into that game. Make the atmosphere overall great! Also just bring the much needed greatness of ETX football. 

4 hours ago, ANTI said:

I really hope we are both undefeated going into that game it will make it some fun to watch especially the whole week leading up to that game will be crazy.

4 hours ago, ANTI said:

5 "unknown" names to know:

'25 RB Boosie Washington (So, what's beyond Taylor Tatum? Another future DI back. In fact, Taylor Tatum is the beginning of a string of dominant backs that'll carry the rock for Longview the next several years. Washington is electrifying, the type of back that'll bring the "ooos and ahhhs" out of crowds. Can't wait to see him this spring)

Honestly, this is who I'm most excited about seeing hit the field going into 2022.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

I agree,im just waiting to see what Qb is going to be like. If he can run the offense good then its on.

• Roll Eyes 1

9 hours ago, ANTI said:

Well i personally think they would have beaten Longview last year had the starting Qb been healthy.  That changed everything when Mcfall had to be back there. When The offense can not function ,ur not ginna get first downs and when don't get first downs,thats more possessions for the opposing team.  That was the case vs every team vs JT after Holt's injury. Wasn't actually the real JT that went on that winning streak. I definitely think they could beat Longview more than i did last year because they are far better but if the Qb ain't right,then that may flip the team as we seen last season. 

• Confused 1