3 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

I could be wrong but I think JT is the dark horse in the district.  If they answer the QB question and the weaker parts of the defense, they are going to be a hard out.  With Lufkin seemingly about to come of age, this district has the potential to be tougher than I first thought.

JT could be a regional darkhorse.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, VonG said:

JT is not beating Longview. Lee, Lufkin,  Lancaster, and Lufkin are 50/50 games to me. I can see the Lions winning them all. I can also see the Lions losing them all. I can't even discredit McKinney North. Since they have been playing in the same district with JT. All games have pretty much been competitive. 

JT is deep at all the skill positions except one. The most important position for the type of offense that the Lions run. The qb position is up in the air right now. I don't care how many receiver's you have or how many running backs you have. JT success is predicated on how good the qb is. You can't be a average qb, sorry qb, or terrible qb. JT has to have at minimum a good qb for their offense to roll. All the great years JT had since 09 was because they had good to great qb play. All the bad years. Well you know. So that's just my take on why I predicted JT record to be what it is. It all depends on the qb development and play. Right now it's a big question mark. 

Good stuff, personally I think Tyler will be a nice 14 points better than Lufkin.

I'm surprised that you see the Lee game as 50/50. Nature of the rivalry?

6 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Good stuff, personally I think Tyler will be a nice 14 points better than Lufkin.

I'm surprised that you see the Lee game as 50/50. Nature of the rivalry?

I kind of had them beating Lufkin. But you never know. Lufkin might shock all of us. I don't see Lufkin being down to much longer.

18 hours ago, VonG said:

My projected record for the Tyler schools for the 2022 season 

Lions: 6-4, 7-3 regular season. 

Raiders: 4-6, 5-5 regular season. 

Bonus.

Chapel Hill: 9-1 regular season. 

Tyler high is going to be solid like I've said before. Were this team again is similar to the 18 group is the running game. Expect a better run game than the last 3 years across the board. That will help whoever wins the qb job. BTW, Legacy is going to STRUGGLE to beat Tyler high or any decent team this year. They may have  numbers, but their talent is at its lowest in 4 years. 

16 hours ago, RogerDorn said:

didn’t turn out the way it should have , but loved watchin him play vs McKinney North. Went all out the whole game ! Hope he gets many more 

Obviously I want Willie to go to the best situation that will help him further his career and development, not just as a student-athlete but as a man...   

...that said, I would absolutely love to see him developed by Jay Valai and Brent Venables. Oh man. 

• Like 1
  • Prayers 1

22 hours ago, VonG said:

JT is not beating Longview. Lee, Lufkin,  Lancaster, and Lufkin are 50/50 games to me. I can see the Lions winning them all. I can also see the Lions losing them all. I can't even discredit McKinney North. Since they have been playing in the same district with JT. All games have pretty much been competitive. 

JT is deep at all the skill positions except one. The most important position for the type of offense that the Lions run. The qb position is up in the air right now. I don't care how many receiver's you have or how many running backs you have. JT success is predicated on how good the qb is. You can't be a average qb, sorry qb, or terrible qb. JT has to have at minimum a good qb for their offense to roll. All the great years JT had since 09 was because they had good to great qb play. All the bad years. Well you know. So that's just my take on why I predicted JT record to be what it is. It all depends on the qb development and play. Right now it's a big question mark. 

agree.  McFall showed flashes last yr in his few snaps.  Now they got 2 or 3 other guys in the mix and it will be their first yr playing varsity. at JT.   I think its goinna be McFall, but they let other guys get snaps.

1 hour ago, WolverBean said:

Wasn't Tyler ISD just one school back in day before split into two? I'm sure @LoboFan07 could tell us Longview record vs Tyler high  before the split 

Split in 58. Considering how much of Longview’s success has come post ‘58, was shocked to see Tyler only had a 18-15-4 series lead at that point in time.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, WolverBean said:

still one more then yall lol

3 hours ago, WolverBean said:

Wasn't Tyler ISD just one school back in day before split into two? I'm sure @LoboFan07 could tell us Longview record vs Tyler high  before the split 

You must really be bored. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 7

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

Longview sending their 4×100, 4×200 and 100m to the state track meet.

All football boys, including Jalen Hale and Taylor Tatum on the relay team.

Damn Highland Park and Lovejoy got speed. 

• Like 1

On 4/28/2022 at 10:03 PM, VonG said:

7-on-7 will tell us a lot about what to expect for the up coming season. 

2 hours ago, VonG said:

Damn Highland Park and Lovejoy got speed. 

yea. I saw that.  But honestly with the relay's, its about speed and efficient passing of the baton. That's why the USA struggles in the relay because they can't get the passing down. 

• Like 2

Longview '24 WR DK Reese (6'2 175) with first offer from UTSA.

'24 CB Willie Nelson was also offered by SMU today, bringing his offer total to 4.

Reese is now the 4th player on Longview's roster with a DI offer.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ANTI said:

Longview '24 WR DK Reese (6'2 175) with first offer from UTSA.

'24 CB Willie Nelson was also offered by SMU today, bringing his offer total to 4.

Reese is now the 4th player on Longview's roster with a DI offer.

Wow Two d1 wrs d1 RB ,fb has d1 potential? Damn ya whoever qb1 is gonna have weapons!.. 

• Like 1