1 hour ago, CUJONATION83 said:

He's talking about Tyler high specifically. He's right BTW about the size of this year's Tyler high team across the board. 

Are you talking height and weight, or the number of turnout in not the program?

On 4/30/2022 at 12:15 PM, WolverBean said:

All em players in Tyler yet still chasing Longview 💪🐺🐺

FB_IMG_1651334414922.jpg

Hey @LoboFan07help me out, because I'm finding conflicting info, especially on the old timers. Here's the Lobo NFL alums I've got thus far, with their LHS grad year: 

1.) Forrest "Chubby" Grigg (1938)
2.) Don Barton (1947)
3.) Bobby Collier (1947)
4.) Don Menasco (1948)
5.) Mike Clark (1959)
6.) Pete Barnes (1963)
7.) Lloyd Phillips (1963) 
8.) Jeb Blount (1971)
9.) Mike Mock (1973)
10.) Rickey Watts (1975)
11.) Hosea Taylor (1976) 
12.) Reno Hutchins (1977)
13.) Eugene Williams (1977) 
14.) Brian Williams (1985) 
15.) Shawn Lawson (1989)
16.) Earnest Hunter (1991)
17.) Bobby Taylor (1991) 
18.) John Washington (1991) 
19.) Gaylon Hyder (1993)
20.) Tajuan Stoker (1996)
21.) Shawn Byrdsong (1997)
22.) Fred Talley (1998) 
23.) Josh Scobee (1999)
24.) Willie Andrews (2001) 
25.) Robert Henson (2003)
26.) Malcolm Kelly (2004)
27.) Chris Ivory (2005)
28.) Trent Williams (2005) 
29.) Pete Robertson (2011)
30.) JaMycal Hasty (2014)
31.) Zaycoven Henderson (2014) 
32.) Travin Howard (2014)
33.) Broderick Washington (2015)

7 minutes ago, LOL said:

Hey @LoboFan07help me out, because I'm finding conflicting info, especially on the old timers. Here's the Lobo NFL alums I've got thus far, with their LHS grad year: 

2.) Don Barton (1947)
3.) Bobby Collier (1947)
4.) Don Menasco (1948)
5.) Mike Clark (1959)
6.) Pete Barnes (1963)
8.) Jeb Blount (1971)
9.) Mike Mock (1973)
10.) Rickey Watts (1975)
11.) Hosea Taylor (1976) 
15.) Shawn Lawson (1989)
17.) Bobby Taylor (1991) 
19.) Gaylon Hyder (1993)
22.) Fred Talley (1998) 
23.) Josh Scobee (1999)
27.) Chris Ivory (2005)
31.) Travin Howard (2014)
32.) Broderick Washington (2015)

Are these strictly drafted or UDFA's as well?

Zaycoven Henderson (2014) A&M and Cleveland Browns

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Are these strictly drafted or UDFA's as well?

Zaycoven Henderson (2014) A&M and Cleveland Browns

That's a great question. I'm really not sure how they defined it on the initial graphic. 

Basically, I'm looking for Lobos who played at least one snap in the League. 

"The most NFL players of all-time." <shrug>

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bigredcujo4eva said:

U have not won more state titles than Tyler.  Wow. The lies smh. You are far back in that category. 

Reread the post no where it said we have more lol. I said we won state by one point in,in reply to someone replying to my post about we having more players over all in NFL then Tyler they said by one extra I was saying we won State by one and it was still a moment.

9 hours ago, Bigredcujo4eva said:

U have the benefits of most of all the talent in Longview area at Longview highschool. 

False as usual Rapture.

You sure have a lot of excuses but here's the truth...

Legacy has the largest enrollment in ETX. And growing. TISD even blantly gives JT the short end of the stick in zoning just to help Legacy...and they still can't field a consistently winning team. They swap and change coaches...still no luck. 

You say that Longview can't defeat good Tyler teams.....lol

First off, I'm not trying to hear that garbage from you. Every damn year, you get on the board boosting up a Tyler squad...then when the squad doesn't perform like you thought they would...it's "well they weren't good anyway". You had those Legacy pom poms in full action last year but you got humbled really quick, didn't ya. It would've been a lot worse too had Taylor Tatum played the entire game.

Also, who beat your beloved Legacy Raiders during their banner year? I tell you what....why don't you tell us how often Legacy has beaten Longview squads of THIS magnitude. I have a strong feeling that the answer is never.

• Like 2
  • LOL! 1

1 hour ago, LOL said:

That's a great question. I'm really not sure how they defined it on the initial graphic. 

Basically, I'm looking for Lobos who played at least one snap in the League. 

"The most NFL players of all-time." <shrug>

I'm not gonna lie, I haven't even come close to start researching that. From the list you posted, I'd be shocked if anyone was left out.

I'll try and research some next week when I have a long weekend.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bigredcujo4eva said:

If yall like records between Longview so much then post the record vs tyler teams that had 8 wins or more.

Cause like i said. Yall hog most the talent in Longview area at 1 school.  Tyler does not do,making tyler school's have to rebuild more often that Longview and will more down years than Longview, so on paper, Longview sopose to win more vs Tyler because of the advantage of the way things are currently set up yall's favor right now.

I did and you said I was lying.

Do your own research and post it since you're so confident.

At the end of the day, doesn't matter. Tyler ISD is 3-27 against John King coached Lobo teams, with Tyler riding a 5-game losing streak and Legacy riding a 17-game losing streak so...talk all you want about whatever you want...it really doesn't matter.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I'm not gonna lie, I haven't even come close to start researching that. From the list you posted, I'd be shocked if anyone was left out.

I'll try and research some next week when I have a long weekend.

Gotcha...  and, full disclosure, I am totally piggy-backing on Craddock and Cotham's past research. 

My long-term goal is to build-out lists of Lobos who played *all* pro sports, then work down to D-I college, and so on.  

32 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

At the end of the day, doesn't matter. Tyler ISD is 3-27 against John King coached Lobo teams, with Tyler riding a 5-game losing streak and Legacy riding a 17-game losing streak so...talk all you want about whatever you want...it really doesn't matter.

It's a bummer we've got this guy in here acting a fool. In my experience, 99.9 percent of Tyler ISD folks I've interacted with have been really cool. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

False as usual Rapture.

Legacy has the largest enrollment in ETX. And growing. TISD even blantly gives JT the short end of the stick in zoning just to help Legacy...and they still can't field a consistently winning team. They swap and change coaches...still no luck. 

First off, I'm not trying to hear that garbage from you. Every damn year, you get on the board boosting up a Tyler squad...then when the squad doesn't perform like you thought they would...it's "well they weren't good anyway". You had those Legacy pom poms in full action last year but you got humbled really quick, didn't ya. It would've been a lot worse too had Taylor Tatum played the entire game.

Also, who beat your beloved Legacy Raiders during their banner year? I tell you what....why don't you tell us how often Legacy has beaten Longview squads of THIS magnitude. I have a strong feeling that the answer is never.

Dudes stuck in the Tylerverse  

4 hours ago, ANTI said:

False as usual Rapture.

U really trying to make me laugh aint u? You have already seen that Lee had beaten Longview more times when lee had hood teams cause your own Longview guy posted it. Its like 7-4 series lead  for lee and probably  worse vs JT. Stop trying to make Longview this east tx gladiator.  Not!!!

• Stinks 1

48 minutes ago, Bigredcujo4eva said:

U really trying to make me laugh aint u? You have already seen that Lee had beaten Longview more times when lee had hood teams cause your iwn Longview guy posted it. Its like 7-4 series lead  for lee and probably  worse vs JT. Stop trying to make Longview this east tx gladiator.  Not!!!

We own both series vs Tyler ISD gtfo here,your a embarrassment to Tyler fan base #theblacksheep 

5 hours ago, LOL said:

2.) Don Barton (1947)
3.) Bobby Collier (1947)
4.) Don Menasco (1948)
5.) Mike Clark (1959)
6.) Pete Barnes (1963)
8.) Jeb Blount (1971)
9.) Mike Mock (1973)
10.) Rickey Watts (1975)
11.) Hosea Taylor (1976) 
15.) Shawn Lawson (1989)
17.) Bobby Taylor (1991) 
19.) Gaylon Hyder (1993)
22.) Fred Talley (1998) 
23.) Josh Scobee (1999)
27.) Chris Ivory (2005)
31.) Zaycoven Henderson (2014) 
32.) Travin Howard (2014)
33.) Broderick Washington (2015)

Not that it's a really big deal but a large number of graduation years listed aren't accurate.

A few examples are Hosea Taylor was actually 1977, Reno Hutchins was 1978, Eugene Williams 1978, and Bobby Taylor was 1992. Those we're just at first glance.

I think that list is much more accurate than the one that's being shown by Wolverbean !

RJ

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, RandyJohnson said:

Not that it's a really big deal but a large number of graduation years listed aren't accurate.

A few examples are Hosea Taylor was actually 1977, Reno Hutchins was 1978, Eugene Williams 1978, and Bobby Taylor was 1992. Those we're just at first glance.

I think that list is much more accurate than the one that's being shown by Wolverbean !

RJ

Thanks, I appreciate it! I welcome any correction I can get. I want this list to (eventually) be 100 percent accurate, and it's gonna take a lotta y'all cradle-to-the-grave Lobos to help fill in the gaps.  👍

• LOL! 1

3 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

I did and you said I was lying.

Do your own research and post it since you're so confident.

Well u keep riding that is something special.  U sopose to beat them the most because yall hardly have to rebuild as much as Tyler isd. I done said that not literally 100 times but yall act u didn't see it. U hog the players on Longview.  We can't do that in Tyler but when we are good,bring it on, cause We usually win vs yall during those periods.  I call 8+ win season a truly good team. That is including playoffs. Tyler gonna down times here more than yall will. Thats why u win so much vs them but loose to good teams. That should tell u something. U on a winning streak kool. U sopose to be doing better most of the time. Legacy time to beat yall was the last 3 years but that is coaching fault in my opinion.  Not playing the right Qb. Limiting themselves and only using 2 players on offense to do all the work. Thats coaching. Im not trying to take your wins away from u but im giving  you reason  why u are getting them that often. U hardly have down teams because u hog all the talent in Longview isd. Once again if we did that we be like a Mater Dei. We would always usually have positions we need. We would have so many uil trophies it want even be funny. Rose STADIUM would look like a college stadium. But like i said,i rather have it is. We all win state here. That speaks volumes of the talent in Tyler area.

• LOL! 1
  • Roll Eyes 1
  • Stinks 1