2 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

They are going to get started on this quick.  I think I read that they will eventually send all the Hogg kids to the rest of the middle schools after Hubbard is built. 

They are going to turn Hogg into a administration building. 

They knew the bond would pass. That's why they already have everything in place. They will be starting in June.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LOL said:

Think about it...   very carefully.

It'll come to you. 

Truth...especially in East Texas when athletic facilities are involved.  It's sad.... and pathetic.

Saw it with the MISD bonds in 2015/2016.

The first bond failed by less than 50-60 votes and had money set aside for the stadium, baseball, and softball fields.

The second bond less than a year later was almost identical to the first one minus the athletic money and one other facility and it passed by a LANDSLIDE.

They failed a $150M bond over $6M on athletics.

Those athletic improvements still happened (turf for baseball/softball, gym renovation, and tennis complex resurfacing) and some are still in progress (stadium).

The covered practice facility was totally unexpected that Griedl made happen.  Maybe LISD can look into something like that.  Center HS is building one identical to ours.  Big difference between $3.5M and $35M.  120 yards covered.

Sad how East Texas is so behind the curve when it comes to these sorts of things.  BUT.... look at where all the growth in Texas is taking place....it's not ETX outside of Tyler.  Most of ETX has very slow growth or is flat.

• Love 1

Thinking back.....

Pine Tree needed 3-4 tries to get their bond passed
Marshall needed twice to get theirs
Gilmer has failed several bonds
White Oak failed several bonds
Chapel Hill failed
Ore City failed
I think Nac needed 2 to get their passed

is what it is behind the pine curtain.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, VonG said:

I know this is a 5a thread. I posted awhile back my predictions for JT and Lee. I'm changing my predictions for Lee. 2-8 and that's being generous. 

It's looking really ugly for Lee.

That's why I was confused as to why you saw the JT-Lee game being 50/50....but I figured it was because of the nature of the rivalry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

It's looking really ugly for Lee.

That's why I was confused as to why you saw the JT-Lee game being 50/50....but I figured it was because of the nature of the rivalry.

on paper, JT should beat Lee the next 3 seasons.

But you know how that goes recently. 

6 hours ago, VonG said:

They are going to turn Hogg into a administration building. 

They knew the bond would pass. That's why they already have everything in place. They will be starting in June.

I guess Im not not shocked. The plan from the start was to have 4 middle schools.

On 5/8/2022 at 11:00 AM, VonG said:

Yea i said this when they brought this news of this proposal out and in the beginning that i think this will bring the old district back together again .  Probably around 2026. I think they building anouther highschool for early college courses or something. If im right at all, I see this move effecting Legacy enough to bring them down to 5a. Only thing more interesting is the exact teams they will put in with in Legacy, JT, lufkin & Longview.  Im kinda doubting Marshall  & nacogdoches both agreeing to return, because of the competition.  I think they will fight more to try to go in with other parts of east tx  district along with whitehouse.  But someone has to be the other 2 or 3 schools. Doubting Texas high. 

8 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

on paper, JT should beat Lee the next 3 seasons.

But you know how that goes recently. 

Not exactly maybe the next two meetings. Hubbard is mostly Legacy players if im not mistaking and Boulter is Jt. Hubbard beat Boulter in the city championship.  When those guys are seniors that will be that 3rd year of the three u mentioned. Whose to really say JT will win the 2nd which is 2023. Wade will be Gone and other recievers be gone. They may have a replacement. Jt will have some damn good players but Legacy will have bigtime Qb the next two seasons. I see JT possibly winning this season  more than any of the others, but its tough to just give it to them past this season with Luke Wolf there. I haven't seen exactly all what Legacy has yet. I have a nephew starting for them this year. I haven't been to a practice yet but i know they are young on offense. Have you or any of u others seen them? According to the head coach they will have good defense but i did pass through one day last week, they looked kinda small but because of traffic in front of me ,i  couldn't get a good enough look. I want to check out JT this week but i have OT,we will see.

2 hours ago, Bigredcujo4eva said:

Yea i said this when they brought this news of this proposal out and in the beginning that i think this will bring the old district back together again .  Probably around 2026. I think they building anouther highschool for early college courses or something. If im right at all, I see this move effecting Legacy enough to bring them down to 5a. Only thing more interesting is the exact teams they will put in with in Legacy, JT, lufkin & Longview.  Im kinda doubting Marshall  & nacogdoches both agreeing to return, because of the competition.  I think they will fight more to try to go in with other parts of east tx  district along with whitehouse.  But someone has to be the other 2 or 3 schools. Doubting Texas high. 

I don't think Legacy is dropping but I guess its possible. Also, Marshall and Nac don't have the enrollment to return.  Best case for an East Tex district is Texas High, JT, LV, LP, maybe Lee, and a couple DFW schools. 

5 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

hmmm you sure?

Yea ,it looked like him i might of been wrong but damn i doubt it. Look just like him. I think we talking about same person. The former sports writer for them for them through early 2000's or so? I may can find video of the practice. 

6 hours ago, Bigredcujo4eva said:

The early college won't affect Lee nor JT enrollment. We'll never see the old district again. The other school districts around East Texas is not growing to move up to put the old district back together. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bigredcujo4eva said:

Not exactly maybe the next two meetings. Hubbard is mostly Legacy players if im not mistaking and Boulter is Jt. Hubbard beat Boulter in the city championship.  When those guys are seniors that will be that 3rd year of the three u mentioned. Whose to really say JT will win the 2nd which is 2023. Wade will be Gone and other recievers be gone. They may have a replacement. Jt will have some damn good players but Legacy will have bigtime Qb the next two seasons. I see JT possibly winning this season  more than any of the others, but its tough to just give it to them past this season with Luke Wolf there. I haven't seen exactly all what Legacy has yet. I have a nephew starting for them this year. I haven't been to a practice yet but i know they are young on offense. Have you or any of u others seen them? According to the head coach they will have good defense but i did pass through one day last week, they looked kinda small but because of traffic in front of me ,i  couldn't get a good enough look. I want to check out JT this week but i have OT,we will see.

Lee doesn't have no big time qb. I don't know who told you that. That's why I changed my prediction for Lee season this year. I was very disappointed in what I saw.

7 hours ago, Bigredcujo4eva said:

I’m sorry bud but legacy will be really bad for awhile, legacy does not have any major talent coming for awhile. It will get ugly the next few seasons and it’s not even funny. Miller and donnell was there best hope of doing any thing and that failed. It’s only gonna get worse

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

I’m sorry bud but legacy will be really bad for awhile, legacy does not have any major talent coming for awhile. It will get ugly the next few seasons and it’s not even funny. Miller and donnell was there best hope of doing any thing and that failed. It’s only gonna get worse

This is STRAIGHT FACTS 

1st of all the reciever is 6'6 and struggles catching the ball. He just came back to football. He didn't play last year. The running back is a heck of an athlete. When is the last time someone seen him at school. The best reciever they have don't go hard. He just goes through the motion. 

Someone answers me this. When have you seen or heard about any one from Lee going to camps besides Jordan? Who I wouldn't really consider a true Tyler player. He's a move in. You don't see nobody from Lee posting videos of themselves putting in work outside of school. You see JT players going to camps. You see them working out with trainers outside of school. If Lee players are putting in the work outside of school, why haven't they been posting videos. In the social media world we live in. Every body post every thing they do.

When I say this. I know what I'm talking about. I'm not going off hearsay. Trust me. Lee is going to struggle. 

• Like 1