5 hours ago, RandyJohnson said:

Blue 29 White 21...

Derrick McFall scored on two pass plays for the Blue of 30 yards on a swing pass in the first half.

Then a 70 yard WR screen on a leaping one handed catch where he outraced the White secondary untouched for the score in the 4th quarter.

The Lions should be improved this fall. 

I have a cousin on the Tyler High staff and decided to check out the Lions then pay him a visit as well.

RJ

Cool thank you for the info.

• Thanks 1

Here are my thoughts on Tyler High's spring game:

1. Biggest Tyler high team in years across  the trenches. Physically in SOLID shape on the oline. 

2. Defense will definitely be better and the changes on D will help. 

3. Plenty of speed of course in the secondary plus experience. 

4. McFall is going to be a ABSOLUTE MONSTER in space. Kid is a cheat code. 

5. Plenty of depth at the skill positions and we should have a far better jv than the last 3 years. 

6. There were 4 qbs really being rotated and #14, Jabraylin Williams, is the likely starter as of now since he ran mostly with the first team.

7. QB will need to continue getting better in 7on7 and summer. #14 is a freshman so I expect a learning curve. 

Overall, Tyler high will be better in every area from the last 3 years. This is a SOLID team and will give alot teams on our schedule serious issues. I'm came away pleased. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, CUJONATION83 said:

Here are my thoughts on Tyler High's spring game:

1. Biggest Tyler high team in years across  the trenches. Physically in SOLID shape on the oline. 

2. Defense will definitely be better and the changes on D will help. 

3. Plenty of speed of course in the secondary plus experience. 

4. McFall is going to be a ABSOLUTE MONSTER in space. Kid is a cheat code. 

5. Plenty of depth at the skill positions and we should have a far better jv than the last 3 years. 

6. There were 4 qbs really being rotated and #14, Jabraylin Williams, is the likely starter as of now since he ran mostly with the first team.

7. QB will need to continue getting better in 7on7 and summer. #14 is a freshman so I expect a learning curve. 

Overall, Tyler high will be better in every area from the last 3 years. This is a SOLID team and will give alot teams on our schedule serious issues. I'm came away pleased. 

A freshman at QB will take a lot to get use to. Growing pains will be there.

8 hours ago, VonG said:

So JT had 8 different qb's take snaps. Damn that's alot.

That's an unnecessary amount. Nobody getting adequate amount of snaps to gain chemistry and timing. Coaches tend to over think it sometimes.

We have a 3 horse race, and 1 has been THE guy in my eyes for a while now....but here we are.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bigredcujo4eva said:

Hopefully Whoever went to the game will enlighten us on who they think personally feel looked the best for the position.

Enlighten us on what's going on at Legacy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

That's an unnecessary amount. Nobody getting adequate amount of snaps to gain chemistry and timing. Coaches tend to over think it sometimes.

We have a 3 horse race, and 1 has been THE guy in my eyes for a while now....but here we are.

I was thinking the same thing. 

1 hour ago, VonG said:

Like I said. The qb development will determine on how successful JT season will be. Plenty of playmakers to get the ball to.

I have to say, McFall looks crazy good.

Part of the reason that I have LV and JT finishing top 2 in the district is simply because...those two programs may have the top two players in the district (Hale/McFall/Tatum). 

• Like 3
  • LOL! 1

A McFall, Hampton, Wade, Williams, and Tatum combination would have been deadly for any team to deal with. I truly believe Hampton presence would have put this team into the Mount Rushmore of JT teams. Like I envisioned them to be when they were in middle school. 

They have other good players also. But these players are the cream of the crop.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, VonG said:

A McFall, Hampton, Wade, Williams, and Tatum combination would have been deadly for any team to deal with. I truly believe Hampton presence would have put this team into the Mount Rushmore of JT teams. Like I envisioned them to be when they were in middle school. 

Not over yet,wait till fall

12 minutes ago, VonG said:

Yeah CUJO got some firepower no doubt. That's exactly how we feel in Loboland.

This '22 squad is even deeper than the '18 squad that won it all.....and this year is the beginning of a string of Lobo teams that we will remember forever. 

Not saying that we're about to go out and win 10 straight state titles or anything....that ain't earned on paper but we will definitely be among the top 2-3 teams in TX for the foreseeable future.

I mean this year, I get:

• Taylor Tatum (#1 RB in TX, #3 RB in the nation for the '24 class according to 247)

• Alijah Johnson (another dominant '24 back)

• Deep and talented WR group headlined by:

- '23 Jalen Hale (#1 WR in TX, #7 WR in the nation according to 247)

- '24 DK Reese (UTSA offer, 6'2 175)

- '23 Jartaivan Wright (DI prospect, 6'4 190, started a year ago)

• Bigger, more talented, more experienced OL. RG Blair Williams (6'3 330) is a DI prospect.

• '24 Jaymerson Darensbourg (6'2 200) looks like the next dominant TE

The D is arguably the best side of the ball....

I'll write a novel about em later on when I get time but potential sack and INT record holders are on this side of the ball...that alone tells the story. 

Michael Fields back at kicker/punter too?! Man...

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Michael Fields back at kicker/punter too?! Man...

He's been going to camps and working out pretty steady in the offseason. Kid looks money. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ANTI said:

If we don't go with the guy you're thinking of, I'm going to lose it. All this wasted talented if we don't.

59 minutes ago, LOL said:

He's been going to camps and working out pretty steady in the offseason. Kid looks money. 

Yeah Fields is one of the best kept secrets in TX at the kicker position. I do know that DI's have acquired but no one has pulled the trigger yet.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

If we don't go with the guy you're thinking of, I'm going to lose it. All this wasted talented if we don't.

Like I said a while back....we better hope that the 3 year vet hits stride this year. I fear that there is more hope for that than seeing our guy take the snaps Day 1 unfortunately.

The crazy thing is...I'm not asking for HK or even Caraway. But damn, 3 year vet? You gotta give me Quincy Grant, D'Marcus Miles. Anything that doesn't hurt us. Simply managing the game shouldn't be challenging with all of the talent surrounding the QB position.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

Like I said a while back....we better hope that the 3 year vet hits stride this year. I fear that there is more hope for that than seeing our guy take the snaps Day 1 unfortunately.

The crazy thing is...I'm not asking for HK or even Caraway. But damn, 3 year vet? You gotta give me Quincy Grant, D'Marcus Miles. Anything that doesn't hurt us. Simply managing the game shouldn't be challenging with all of the talent surrounding the QB position.

Man, a Miles like QB would have us set this season for sure. 

But we ain’t getting it with that three year guy. Just an absolute shame.

29 minutes ago, Bigredcujo4eva said:

There u go again. Not knowing what ur talking about. U have nothing to support that. What in the world makes u think he is not coming back. Let me teach  brother. Seek truth,not your own thoughts

What information do you have to support that he is coming back? Nothing. Stop being delusional. He will not,  I repeat he will not be back at JT. For those of you are slow (only 1 person).

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1
  • SMH 1
  • Roll Eyes 1

12 hours ago, VonG said:

What information do you have to support that he is coming back? Nothing. Stop being delusional. He will not,  I repeat he will not be back at JT. For those of you are slow (only 1 person).

See? U said i have nothing, when did I tell u "i have nothing" ? U can't speak anouther man's buisness or of his own knowledge that you don't even know. Just like i said to u before,seek understanding and truth first in all things instead of your own thoughts  and some of these people that are reacting to your post actually just like to see u show yourself to be this foolish and are not your friends. Some are unfortunately just unknowledgeable as you are and that brother can learn from this post as well as you can.  Yo friend will correct u into the right direction like i do. Now to your question...what imformation do i have? The imformation i have and proof i have seen is his name already included on a Tyler High 2022 roster. Which says to me,there is atleast imformation out there, that he could be there in the fall. Thank you brother. I hope you learned a valuable lesson torwards being a man of understanding instead of foolishness. My words is ment to make you better,to bring you up, not to bring you down.

----------

*UPDATED *

Since i made this post,Hampton's name has been removed from 2022 roster but his info still says Tyler lions. It's just a wait and see approach. 

• LOL! 1