14 hours ago, ANTI said:

Waxahachie WR DT McCoy transfers to Longview.

Longview now has 3 WRs with D1 offers.

Hale, '24 6'2 WR DK Reese (UTSA offer) and '23 WR DT McCoy (Northwestern State offer). 

https://247sports.com/player/detyrian-mccoy-46132064/

They shouldn't have problems scoring points that's for sure this upcoming season. With the talent at receivers and RB they should put up a lot of points

On 7/22/2022 at 9:02 AM, ANTI said:

New Longview WR DT McCoy came in as the #52 '23 WR in the state according to TX TOP TALENT

Do y’all feel that the new receiver will make that huge of a deal if Longview gets the same caliber qb they did last year? I watched the McKinney North, Magnolia, Lancaster and Denton Ryan games this weekend and came to two conclusions that juxtapose each other. 

First conclusion I came to is that LV could’ve probably won, or at least played for, a title if they had better qb play last year. Second conclusion I came to is that if they’re running that kid out there that’s the best they have and the play at that position makes LV rather beatable. I know the MN game where he threw all the picks get looked at as the outlier but he played the same way vs Magnolia, their athletes just couldn’t make plays on the ball like MN’s could. If Magnolia’s qb was competent enough to just throw the ball to open receiver LV would’ve been in a real bind in bi-district. 

I do think LV is the most talented team in the region this year but I’m wondering if they’ll get good enough qb play to actually be able to maximize that talent or will it be more like last year’s team? Figured if they had a “guy” he probably would’ve been on the field last year as an underclassmen? 

24 minutes ago, cougar14 said:

Do y’all feel that the new receiver will make that huge of a deal if Longview gets the same caliber qb they did last year? I watched the McKinney North, Magnolia, Lancaster and Denton Ryan games this weekend and came to two conclusions that juxtapose each other. 

First conclusion I came to is that LV could’ve probably won, or at least played for, a title if they had better qb play last year. Second conclusion I came to is that if they’re running that kid out there that’s the best they have and the play at that position makes LV rather beatable. I know the MN game where he threw all the picks get looked at as the outlier but he played the same way vs Magnolia, their athletes just couldn’t make plays on the ball like MN’s could. If Magnolia’s qb was competent enough to just throw the ball to open receiver LV would’ve been in a real bind in bi-district. 

I do think LV is the most talented team in the region this year but I’m wondering if they’ll get good enough qb play to actually be able to maximize that talent or will it be more like last year’s team? Figured if they had a “guy” he probably would’ve been on the field last year as an underclassmen? 

We had different QBs playing the McKinney North Game vs the Mangolia/Lancaster/Denton Ryan games.

Thomas, who played the post season games, has graduated. So the guy who played against North, is our go to guy for the season.

It is what it is. We should've won the North game, there's no doubt about that. But the Ryan game also is one we easily could've won w/Thomas playing. The Highland Park is another where we easily could've won if we just got better QB play (Allen was in for that one, as Thomas was injured).

Allen is what he is. He holds for top spot for most losses as a QB under John King for a reason.

The spring and the summer has been extremely promising from his stand point. He has looked way better as a senior than he did as a sophomore and junior. Do I think there are guys more talented in the program than him currently? Yes. But King isn't going to pick them. They chose to go a baseball rout for the spring when really it should've been a football only type of things, but we know Longview pushes the play multiple sport type of run that other schools in Metro areas don't.

We will go as far as Jordan takes us, it's that simple. We should have a better O line this season, which no doubt was an issue last year. We will have crazy amounts of talent around him, with an extremely, extremely good defense on top of things. But still, I think the difference between us winning state and going home a round or two early will fall on the hands of Jordan Allen.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

We had different QBs playing the McKinney North Game vs the Mangolia/Lancaster/Denton Ryan games.

Thomas, who played the post season games, has graduated. So the guy who played against North, is our go to guy for the season.

It is what it is. We should've won the North game, there's no doubt about that. But the Ryan game also is one we easily could've won w/Thomas playing. The Highland Park is another where we easily could've won if we just got better QB play (Allen was in for that one, as Thomas was injured).

Allen is what he is. He holds for top spot for most losses as a QB under John King for a reason.

The spring and the summer has been extremely promising from his stand point. He has looked way better as a senior than he did as a sophomore and junior. Do I think there are guys more talented in the program than him currently? Yes. But King isn't going to pick them. They chose to go a baseball rout for the spring when really it should've been a football only type of things, but we know Longview pushes the play multiple sport type of run that other schools in Metro areas don't.

We will go as far as Jordan takes us, it's that simple. We should have a better O line this season, which no doubt was an issue last year. We will have crazy amounts of talent around him, with an extremely, extremely good defense on top of things. But still, I think the difference between us winning state and going home a round or two early will fall on the hands of Jordan Allen.

The guy who is starting this year is also they guy that took yall to playoffs in 2020.

5 minutes ago, Bigredcujo4eva said:

The guy who is starting this year is also they guy that took yall to playoffs in 2020.

Kaden Meredith, Markevion Haynes and some heroic catches by Jalen Hale dragged us to the playoffs in '20.

• Like 3

We'vealready heard of the qb issues from last year butthat still doesn't explain why y'all were 5-15 the two years prior? I'm not sure Cujo could even beat Chapel Hill right now? 

This post from the SETX form had me smh. I have respect for CH but there is no way CH would’ve beaten TH. Not that this game would ever happen unless they are in the same district.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, cujoforlife said:

We'vealready heard of the qb issues from last year butthat still doesn't explain why y'all were 5-15 the two years prior? I'm not sure Cujo could even beat Chapel Hill right now? 

This post from the SETX form had me smh. I have respect for CH but there is no way CH would’ve beaten TH. Not that this game would ever happen unless they are in the same district.

I don't even have to go see who posted it, to know who posted it.

Let me guess, from Crosby right? lol

BTW, feel free to call me crazy....

But, North Mesquite is probably the most interesting team in the district.

By interesting, I mean that no one seems to think much of them but at the same time, they dont look as bad on paper. I totally understand the critics toward NM too. They've made the playoffs twice since 2002. They're averaging a little over 2 wins a season since 2016. Seder is going into his 4th season as HC and hasn't had more than 2 wins in a season. Red flags everywhere, I know. 

BUT, they could be better than we think.

15 starters back (8 on O, 7 on D). Talent wise, I honestly believe that NM is top 4 in the district offensively:

'24 QB Luke Seder is the HCs son, stepping into full starter mode after tossing 13 TDs last season as a sophomore. A few D1s have expressed interest.

He'll have 4 D1 targets:

'23 4* WR Cordale Russell

https://247sports.com/Player/Cordale-Russell-46102184/

'24 4* WR Elijah Baesa

https://247sports.com/Player/Elijah-Baesa-46115459/

'23 TE Marquavius Standard

https://247sports.com/Player/Marquavius-Standard-46134260/

'23 WR Jalan Hicks, a speedster, with a D1 FCS offer from Northwestern State

If that isn't enough, there is also a D1 back in this offense (also plays safety):

https://247sports.com/Player/Fredrick-Dotie-46114496/

Some beef up front too, led by D1:

https://247sports.com/Player/Caden-Bowers-46133837/

This team should definitely be able to move the ball. Question is, will they be able to stop anyone? NM gave up 40+ in 6 of their games last season. 7 returning starters on that side of the ball, though, is something to build on.

Not saying that they'll make the playoffs, not saying that they won't. But they sure do have plenty to work with in order to make a push.

Like I said, the only team that I'd be shocked to see make post season is West Mesquite.

6 hours ago, ANTI said:

BTW, feel free to call me crazy....

But, North Mesquite is probably the most interesting team in the district.

By interesting, I mean that no one seems to think much of them but at the same time, they dont look as bad on paper. I totally understand the critics toward NM too. They've made the playoffs twice since 2002. They're averaging a little over 2 wins a season since 2016. Seder is going into his 4th season as HC and hasn't had more than 2 wins in a season. Red flags everywhere, I know. 

BUT, they could be better than we think.

15 starters back (8 on O, 7 on D). Talent wise, I honestly believe that NM is top 4 in the district offensively:

'24 QB Luke Seder is the HCs son, stepping into full starter mode after tossing 13 TDs last season as a sophomore. A few D1s have expressed interest.

He'll have 4 D1 targets:

'23 4* WR Cordale Russell

https://247sports.com/Player/Cordale-Russell-46102184/

'24 4* WR Elijah Baesa

https://247sports.com/Player/Elijah-Baesa-46115459/

'23 TE Marquavius Standard

https://247sports.com/Player/Marquavius-Standard-46134260/

'23 WR Jalan Hicks, a speedster, with a D1 FCS offer from Northwestern State

If that isn't enough, there is also a D1 back in this offense (also plays safety):

https://247sports.com/Player/Fredrick-Dotie-46114496/

Some beef up front too, led by D1:

https://247sports.com/Player/Caden-Bowers-46133837/

This team should definitely be able to move the ball. Question is, will they be able to stop anyone? NM gave up 40+ in 6 of their games last season. 7 returning starters on that side of the ball, though, is something to build on.

Not saying that they'll make the playoffs, not saying that they won't. But they sure do have plenty to work with in order to make a push.

Like I said, the only team that I'd be shocked to see make post season is West Mesquite.

no team in this district can be overlooked.

1 hour ago, Bigredcujo4eva said:

Someone threw the balls that were being caught 

More like, someone caught the balls that were being thrown.

And that someone was Jalen Hale.

• Like 1

Something else that is growing on me...

I've acknowledged that Tyler High is about to take a step forward this year for several reasons, but I feel like the QB situation hasn't been discussed enough.

I'm outside looking in, but from my angle, the QB woes are about to end. I know Holmes has several guys up for QB1 but in my eyes there is only one correct answer here.

'25 JB Williams just looks like he either has or potentially has that 'it' to him that Tyler fans have been looking for. Now when he takes snaps this fall, he'll only be a sophomore, so early growing pains are to be expected. But I do see him playing on the DI level one day, and at least he'll have a back like McFall to lighten the load and talented wideouts who can make something happen if need be. 

• Like 3