23 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

I mean I literally said the last decade. You're just changing the year total now lol.

Lancaster
2012 - State Finals
2013 - Missed
2014 - Bi-District
2015 - Quarterfinals
2016 - Quarterfinals
2017 - Missed
2018 - Area
2019 - Quarters
2020 - Area
2021 - Area

Tyler
2012 - Semi-Finals
2013 - Bi-District
2014 - Semi-Finals
2015 - Area
2016 - Regional
2017 - Missed
2018 - Quarterfinal
2019 - Bi-District
2020 - Missed
2021 - Bi-District

You're the one who said that Lancaster is always overrated when they've arguably had just as much success the last 10 years as your own program. Yes 2019 to 2021 wasn't good for Cujo, but still y'all have just as many missed playoff years as they do in the last decade...just as many bi-district/area losses as they have.

All I was saying is that they're not an overrated program like you were trying to put out there.

I’m saying overrated because for Tyler we aren’t ranked EVERYSINGLE year in top 5 and fizzle out early

6 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

King does not like being #1 and his expressions are so funny lol 🤣🤣

Sit down and just talk with him, King will have your side hurtin' from laughter.

At the same time, he plays no games when he has that coaching hat on. Especially if you play OL. I still maintain that maybe the hardest, most challenging things in the state is playing OL for John King. You are going to get coached HARD. 

• Like 2

I see Longview football is getting Bryan Houston to call their football games this year. I guess we don't have to hear Quick talk bad about the broadcast this year. Y'all are definitely getting a good one. Bryan was recently calling Whitehouse games.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VonG said:

I see Longview football is getting Bryan Houston to call their football games this year. I guess we don't have to hear Quick talk bad about the broadcast this year. Y'all are definitely getting a good one. Bryan was recently calling Whitehouse games.

Yeah, we been talking about it over in the Lobo thread on 6A.

And Quick has already spoken his peace on the matter lol

• Like 1

13 hours ago, VonG said:

lol. We'll see how it goes for sure.

Bryan is a top notch broadcaster, they didn't go wrong with who was going to replace Brent Taylor for sure.

Hopefully something is done to memorialize Brent Taylor (and Johnny Vaughn when we steps down as color commentary). Over 40 years of Longview football with few games misses here and there, they deserve recognition in some way shape or form. Honestly would love the press box to be renamed in their names. They're such a huge piece of our history.

I wish Bryan all the best and can't wait to hear him call that first game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WolverBean said:

They look impressive so far I take it 🤔

Man...

'24 is special. '25 is special. '27 is special.

'26 looks like it could be too. Or at least very good.

This class is specifically blessed in the trenches, not sure that I've seen a Longview class like it in that department. There are at least 5 OL in that group with long term D1 talent, and you can't just switch them to defense because the DL is loaded too.

Got 5'11 180 '26 RB Mason Washington running behind that massive OL....another undefeated season is coming.

Remember, '25 is blessed in the trenches too...so much so that King had to shout them out on that Longview Gameday Podcast. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Man...

This class is specifically blessed in the trenches, not sure that I've seen a Longview class like it in that department. There are at least 5 OL in that group with long term D1 talent, and you can't just switch them to defense because the DL is loaded too.

Got 5'11 180 '26 RB Mason Washington running behind that massive OL....another undefeated season is coming.

Remember, '25 is blessed in the trenches too...so much so that King had to shout them out on that Longview Gameday Podcast. 

Got Tatum these two years then the two Washington kids then the current 8th grader ,whats in the water 👀

1 hour ago, WolverBean said:

Got Tatum these two years then the two Washington kids then the current 8th grader ,whats in the water 👀

Yeah, got Graves in 8th. But 8th also has another Talley coming up.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2022 at 5:02 PM, ANTI said:

Sit down and just talk with him, King will have your side hurtin' from laughter.

At the same time, he plays no games when he has that coaching hat on. Especially if you play OL. I still maintain that maybe the hardest, most challenging things in the state is playing OL for John King. You are going to get coached HARD. 

OL practices were absolutely brutal, playing for him. But you're right- he develops players extremely well. I've seen him take some run-of-the-mill players and turn them into MACHINES by the time they're seniors on the OL.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

Man...

Besides Tutt, any QBs stand out in the '24-'27 classes?

24 minutes ago, Sportsjunkiee said:

Besides Tutt, any QBs stand out in the '24-'27 classes?

'25 - Maverick Rowe (Good)

'26 - Houston Rowe (Good)

'27 - Tre Hamilton (Special, coaches son)

• Like 3

On 8/4/2022 at 5:02 PM, ANTI said:

He spoke this morning during New Employee Orientation and absolutely owned the room.  🤣

On 8/7/2022 at 10:34 AM, WolverBean said:

They look impressive so far I take it 🤔

Bigger than I was expecting. A few fellas done hit a growth spurt over the summer. 

Longview gonna Longview. 

• Like 1