8. North Mesquite (1-3)(0-1)

Next Week

Tyler @ McKinney North (Thurs)

Lancaster @ Longview

Lufkin @ Forney 

West Mesquite @ North Mesquite

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

I'll post thoughts on this past week later.

One big question that I have going the rest of the way....does McFall at QB change the trajectory of Tyler High the rest of the way? 

@VonG @JTFAN99 @cujo2016 @NODAYSOFFTX @CUJONATION83

Did they make changes to the offensive line. If not I only seeing it being a slight improvement because he is a playmaker. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ANTI said:

One big question that I have going the rest of the way....does McFall at QB change the trajectory of Tyler High the rest of the way? 

The trajectory that was set from the three games prior to the North Mesquite game and going 0-10 and finishing dead last? Yes ,but no where close to the trajectory before the season started.

With McFall at QB, the offense played a lot more down field than behind the line of scrimmage. The experience of McFall at QB gave the team a sense of direction that is one many things this team needs.

The offense line need help asap at left tackle. Tackling has to improve, we have to find a deep snapper. A linebacker was ejected in the NM game that I thought was an important in the game.

Back to McFall, he can sense when to move up out the pocket which is quite often with this line. He is not a 100% by no means. He could have broken a couple long ones in the NM game, but had to pull up. Getting him to at least 90% healthy while playing him, is the Trajectory of this team.

“CUJO”

5 hours ago, ANTI said:

I think I was the one who said they need to move Mcfall back to QB. Williams has the arm talent but the varsity speed is too much for him right now. But its probably because he is just a soph. The other qb from Chapel Hill ain't played much better. 

With Mcfall we know he ain't overwhelmed by the speed of the game and he has lots of varsity reps at qb. He is the best option for the remainder of this yr. JT doesn't win that last game without Mcfall at qb.  

Will this change the overall outcome of the season going forward....probably not.  With him at qb, it will make a few games closer. Maybe they go 2-8 or 3-7 because he gives them a shot against McNorth and West Mesq.  He makes the  LP game closer, but I doubt they can beat them.    Still a disaappointing season regardless. 

Edited by JTFAN99
  • Stinks 1

58 minutes ago, cujo2016 said:

The trajectory that was set from the three games prior to the North Mesquite game and going 0-10 and finishing dead last? Yes ,but no where close to the trajectory before the season started.

With McFall at QB, the offense played a lot more down field than behind the line of scrimmage. The experience of McFall at QB gave the team a sense of direction that is one many things this team needs.

The offense line need help asap at left tackle. Tackling has to improve, we have to find a deep snapper. A linebacker was ejected in the NM game that I thought was an important in the game.

Back to McFall, he can sense when to move up out the pocket which is quite often with this line. He is not a 100% by no means. He could have broken a couple long ones in the NM game, but had to pull up. Getting him to at least 90% healthy while playing him, is the Trajectory of this team.

“CUJO”

I do like a chances better with him at QB against McKinney North.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ANTI said:

Not much IMO. Tyler High as other issues as well. He will help stabilize the qb position if anything else. 

6 hours ago, kingwolf said:

How is Tyler against the run? If you can't stop McNorth's RB or Lufkin's RB, it won't matter who is at QB for the Lions.  Those guys are studs.

go back and watch Marshall game. Tyler is terrible against the run.  

by the way, we don't expect JT to beat either of those teams. We just think McFall gives them a better shot than the other qbs. 

• Like 2

On 9/19/2022 at 7:08 PM, ANTI said:

Honestly we have a punchers chance with Mcfall at QB but it doesn’t change the fact that we have still have chance of losing if some things don’t go our way.

3 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

Tyler High freshman A 48 

McKinney North freshman A 7 

Tyler High freshman B 6 

Mckinney North Freshman B 26 

Tyler High JV 34 

McKinney North JV 33

Final

one good thing about this yr is that the numbers are up in prgram. Two Freshman teams and decent numbers for JV. 

Freshman A team  having a good yr with a few blow out wins and JV is better than it has been in past several yrs. 

• Like 1

On 9/20/2022 at 12:33 AM, JTFAN99 said:

I think I was the one who said they need to move Mcfall back to QB. Williams has the arm talent but the varsity speed is too much for him right now. But its probably because he is just a soph. The other qb from Chapel Hill ain't played much better. 

With Mcfall we know he ain't overwhelmed by the speed of the game and he has lots of varsity reps at qb. He is the best option for the remainder of this yr. JT doesn't win that last game without Mcfall at qb.  

Will this change the overall outcome of the season going forward....probably not.  With him at qb, it will make a few games closer. Maybe they go 2-8 or 3-7 because he gives them a shot against McNorth and West Mesq.  He makes the  LP game closer, but I doubt they can beat them.    Still a disaappointing season regardless. 

I agree with this totally 

7 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

one good thing about this yr is that the numbers are up in prgram. Two Freshman teams and decent numbers for JV. 

Freshman A team  having a good yr with a few blow out wins and JV is better than it has been in past several yrs. 

That’s true, but there seems to be a fall off somewhere freshman to varsity, or just underclassman to varsity. 

On 9/20/2022 at 10:17 PM, JTFAN99 said:

go back and watch Marshall game. Tyler is terrible against the run.  

Man, that's tough.

There's a D1 RB on damn near every team in this district.

I looked up the stats too and you're actually right. Tyler has the 2nd worst rushing defense in the district to McKinney North.

• Like 1