Foster beat Three Lakes (Tyler), 34-32
Moore (Tyler) beat Forest Park, 36-0
Judson beat Lufkin Gold

Judson (7-0)
Foster (5-2)
Forest Park (0-7)

Via @LoboFan07

DISTRICT SEVEN
A week of expected results. Longview rolled over McKinney North, 49-7. Lancaster demolished West Mesquite, 68-7. Forney escaped North Mesquite, 35-19. And Lufkin knocked off Tyler 30-14. Longview and Lancaster officially have clinched post season berths. Next week, will basically decide things officially. Longview will take on Tyler, Lancaster will travel to North Mesquite, Lufkin travels to West Mesquite and in the big one Forney travels to McKinney North. Longview can clinch the top spot in the district with a win over the Lions. Lancaster can clinch a top two seed with a win over the Stallions. Obviously the big game will be between McKinney North and Forney. Winner will clinch a playoff berth and has a great chance to finish as the #3 seed. Overall, Tyler still has to play Longview and Forney while Lufkin still has to play West Mesquite and Lancaster. Really the only way either of them can get in is if both win out and hope whoever loses next week between McKinney North/Forney also falls in their final regular season games, so that they can finish at 4-3 and one of the others will finish at 3-4. Obviously Tyler has a shot if they beat Longview, as they would host Forney in the season finale. What would be interesting is if both Lufkin and Tyler lose to the big boys, then Forney falls to McKinney North. That would set up a potential 3-4 three way tiebreaker situation, as Lufkin just defeated Tyler, Forney defeated Lufkin and then in this case, Tyler would’ve defeated Forney. Lufkin might have the odds in that case? But that’s really the only way I can see them getting in. Regardless, it’s highly doubtful. Next week’s game should be a fun one. Longview, Lancaster, Forney and McKinney North for my top four, but North just barely falls to the Jackrabbits.

DISTRICT EIGHT
I’m going to start off by saying this district makes absolutely zero sense, and even more so after this week. Two teams were undefeated in district play, one even ranked as high as fifth in the state, were on a collision course….but that has all been completely turned on its head. First, Barbers Hill says they’re legit district contenders as they dominate Humble Kingwood Park the entire night, 42-21, to send the Panthers to their first district loss. You would think that upset would be the headliner, but nope. #4 and undefeated Port Arthur Memorial FALLS to Baytown Lee, 28-24. The Titans have been playing with fire all season long in these close games and the Ganders finally make them pay in a massive, massive upset. La Porte stayed alive with a thrashing of Baytown Sterling, 52-3, and New Caney Porter also stayed alive with a 42-13 win over Baytown Goose Creek Memorial. Next week, another massive game sees Barbers Hill travel to Port Arthur Memorial. Could easily see the Eagles jump out of no where to take the district crown next week. It makes the La Porte loss even that more baffling. Baytown Sterling takes on Goose Creek Memorial in a battle at the bottom and we see Baytown Lee travel to New Caney Porter. Another big one sees Crosby host La Porte in the Bulldogs final game of the regular season. Just a reminder, to end the regular season, we see New Caney Porter take on Barbers Hill and Humble Kingwood Park takes on PA Memorial. All of a sudden, we’re looking at PA Memorial potentially ending the season with 3 district losses. Only thing we know right now, Kingwood Park is for sure in. Trying to deep dive into this just makes my head hurt even more. There are two weeks left in the regular season and there are still six teams competing for four spots. Tonight was the first time we actually have seen the Panthers not be consistent this year, so I’m going to say the bye week is coming at the perfect time for them. I just don’t get PA Memorial at all. When they’re on, they’re a top 10 team. They’re just way, way too inconsistent every week. Barbers Hill, are they just peaking at the exact right time? That La Porte loss seems to have kicked them into another gear. I think it’s safe to believe those three will be the top three seeds. Looking at the La Porte/Crosby/New Caney Porter situation. If La Porte can knock off Crosby this week, that would push the Bulldogs to 5-3 and drop the Cougars to 3-4. Then it would turn into a what does Porter do the rest of the way, as the Spartans defeated La Porte. Reminder, this is LP’s last game of the regular season. Porter winning their final 2 would push them to 5-3 and then Porter would go on as the 4th seed thanks to that tiebreaker. Now if Crosby wins, La Porte would finish 4-4 and be done, Crosby would be sitting at 4-3 and New Caney Porter I think will beat Baytown Lee (they will in this scenario) so the Spartans would sit at 4-3. That would basically set up the play in game between Crosby and New Caney Porter in the final week, with the winner going on as one would finish 5-3. All this to say is I’m going with Barbers Hill finishing out on top, Kingwood Park knocking off PA Memorial for 2nd spot and Crosby escaping into 4th spot.

6 hours ago, ANTI said:

@LoboFan07 so is Tyler not officially put of it mathematically?

Technically not, since there's still two games left and there's only a one game difference record wise between North and Forney (and there's two open spots).

Forney/North can still finish 3-4 while Tyler can still finish 4-3 etc.

• Like 1

Lufkin-West Mesquite subvarsity were cancelled this week

9th scores and standings

Longview beat Tyler,  21-20

Forney beat McKinney North,  20-7

Lancaster beat North Mesquite,  42-0

1.  Lancaster (8-0-1)(5-0-1)

2. Longview (8-1)(5-1)

3. Tyler (6-2-1)(4-1-1)

4.  Forney (7-2)(4-2)

5.  West Mesquite (5-3)(2-3)

6.  Lufkin (3-5)(1-4)

7.  McKinney North (2-7)(1-5)

8. North Mesquite (1-7)(0-6)

JV scores and standings

Longview beat Tyler,  55-6

McKinney North beat Forney,  14-7

Lancaster beat North Mesquite,  28-6

1.  Longview (9-0)(6-0)

2. Lancaster (7-2)(5-1)

3.  McKinney North (5-4)(3-3)

4. Forney (6-3)(3-3)

5.  Lufkin (4-4)(2-3)

6.  Tyler (3-6)(2-4)

7.  West Mesquite (5-3)(2-3)

8. North Mesquite (0-9)(0-6)

On 10/26/2022 at 10:17 AM, LOL said:

Dude, don't get me started. As much as I'm a traditional fuddy-duddy when it comes Sooners gear, I'm a full-on Oregon wacko when it comes to Lobo alt. uniforms.

I have dozens of design idea. I've got a "blackout" look, icey-whites, a "Womack throwback" concept, and a Baylor-inspired gold helmet look similar to this: 

kz5QLkI.jpeg

Suffice to say, I don't get a vote in the uniform decisions. Nor should I. I'm just a PR flack.  😛 

Just a Chrome Gold with a Green Rockin’ L would be a good addition to the socks for the playoffs!!!!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, in10sz said:

Just a Chrome Gold with a Green Rockin’ L would be a good addition to the socks for the playoffs!!!!

2024 will be 100 years of Lobo football Even though they started playing in 1909, they didn't become the Lobos until '24 (technically they were the "Loboes").

I think it'd be neat to celebrate the "golden" anniversary with a set of gold-themed alts. 

• Like 1
  • Crybaby 1

1 hour ago, LOL said:

2024 will be 100 years of Lobo football Even though they started playing in 1909, they didn't become the Lobos until '24 (technically they were the "Loboes").

I think it'd be neat to celebrate the "golden" anniversary with a set of gold-themed alts. 

I mean, if we're going thatttt route :)

We didn't go full green and white until '35. So bring back the orange and black!

• LOL! 1
  • SMH 1
  • Roll Eyes 1

35 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I mean, if we're going thatttt route :)

We didn't go full green and white until '35. So bring back the orange and black!

Dude! You're messing up my plans with all these "facts" and "logic."  :rofl:

• LOL! 1
  • Grumpy 1

Finals this week:

Longview beat Tyler,  42-3

Lufkin beat West Mesquite,  31-22

Forney beat McKinney North,  20-6

Lancaster beat North Mesquite,  43-15

Standings:

1.  Longview (9-0)(6-0)

2. Lancaster (7-2)(5-1)

3. Forney (6-3)(4-2)

4. McKinney North (6-3)(3-3)

5. Lufkin (6-3)(3-3)

-----‐----‐--------------

6. Tyler (2-7)(2-4)

7.  North Mesquite (2-7)(1-5)

8. West Mesquite (3-6)(0-6)

Next Week:

McKinney North @ North Mesquite (Thurs)

West Mesquite @ Longview

Tyler @ Forney

Lancaster @ Lufkin

Edited by ANTI

Longview, Lancaster and Forney have clinched their seeds.

If McKinney North wins the North Bowl on Thursday, they’re in.

If they lose, then Lufkin has to beat Lancaster to get in.

Tyler was eliminated with Forney winning.

• Like 1

Longview, Lancaster and Forney all headed to the playoffs.

Longview officially eliminated Tyler last night.

4th spot comes down to McKinney North and Lufkin.

Lufkin has to beat Lancaster AND North Mesquite has to beat McKinney North in order for the Panthers to clinch playoffs. McKinney North and North Mesquite play Thursday, so Lufkin will know if they have anything to play for Thursday.

• Like 1

Longview Middle School Action:

8th
Foster beat Nac Gold, 46-0
Judson beat Three Lakes (Tyler), 30-12
Nac Black beat Forest Park, 8-6

Foster (8-0)
Judson (6-2)
Forest Park (2-6)

7th
Foster beat Nac Gold, 38-0
Judson beat Three Lakes (Tyler), 38-14
Nac Black beat Forest Park, 12-6

Judson (8-0)
Foster (6-2)
Forest Park (0-8)

Congrats to Foster 8th and Judson 7th on their undefeated seasons and city championships!

• Like 1