Jump to content

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

I went to 247 and added up JT div.1 players from 2005 until this past season.  I counted something like 31-33 Div.1 players, and I didn't count transfers to Div.1 programs from other schools or those who went to  Div 1-AA schools like SFA or Sam Houston. 

In the same time frame...same criteria as above...

Longview = 39

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

This whole thread has just went to 💩💩

Oh just wait until BigRed/Rapture sees these rankings. He can't stand to see Longview on top. 😅

But I warned people about LVs potential 2022-2026 a few years back.

 

  • LOL! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Oh just wait until BigRed/Rapture sees these rankings. He can't stand to see Longview on top. 😅

But I warned people about LVs potential 2022-2026 a few years back.

 

Lol. I usually try to side with people but that dude is just ignorant lol. There is nothing that can help him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, ANTI said:

DCTF Predictions @GoLobos

1.  Longview 

2.  Lancaster 

3.  Tyler 

4.  McKinney North

5.  Lufkin

6. Forney

7.  North Mesquite

8.  West Mesquite

 

This is pretty dang spot on. If Tyler can get the QB situation correct we will be #2 imo.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kingwolf said:

I know that a lot of Lobo fans will be strutting around like roosters with that ranking but it gives me pause....I understand what Longview has coming back but to be ranked #1 is a little much in my opinion.  We are suspect at the QB position, untested Oline (on the smaller side as well), are 0-5 to the elite 5AD1 programs in the last two years, a host of upper tier/elite teams with solid cores returning. 

DR, College Station, Aledo, Crosby should be in top 5.  Frisco Wakeland or Lone Star, Magnolia West, Magnolia, and several others are also looming...lest we forget our district with Lancaster and Tyler....

Can this team win it all???....ABSOLUTELY....I would not bet against this talent and coaching staff when they are playing at their best.

OL goes:

6'1 240

5'10 230

5'11 280

6'2.5 330

6'2 260

I mean, you'd like bigger but we've had worse. Key thing here is all 5 above are talented (we saw a dip in OL talent the past few years IMO) and started a year ago....Norman being a 3 year starter.

I do expect a pair of sophomores to possibly enter the mix at tackle and guard, both nice sized. '24 class also has 6'3 285 Kam Murray who would possibly be an impact guy for us if not for injury after injury.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

This is pretty dang spot on. If Tyler can get the QB situation correct we will be #2 imo.

I had McNorth making postseason....liked the pieces that they had coming back and coming up.

BUT I really wonder how losing Fecci will impact them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

DCTF Predictions @GoLobos

1.  Longview 

2.  Lancaster 

3.  Tyler 

4.  McKinney North

5.  Lufkin

6. Forney

7.  North Mesquite

8.  West Mesquite

 

That's about what my prediction was. I had Tyler and Lancaster flipped though. 

 

Can you post 8-5A D1 on here and the Setxsports site please? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

That's about what my prediction was. I had Tyler and Lancaster flipped though. 

 

Can you post 8-5A D1 on here and the Setxsports site please? 

Dont have a Setx account, but here it is:

1 Crosby

2 PA Memo

3. Barbers Hill

4 Baytown Lee

5 Kingwood Park

6 La Porte

7 New Caney Porter

8 Baytown Sterling

9 Baytown Goose Creek Memo

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, GoLobos said:

Dont have a Setx account, but here it is:

1 Crosby

2 PA Memo

3. Barbers Hill

4 Baytown Lee

5 Kingwood Park

6 La Porte

7 New Caney Porter

8 Baytown Sterling

9 Baytown Goose Creek Memo

Thx.  I'll post it on there and give you credit for it. Thx again. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

Oh just wait until BigRed/Rapture sees these rankings. He can't stand to see Longview on top. 😅

But I warned people about LVs potential 2022-2026 a few years back.

 

He will claim the rankings are false and they Longview biased 🤣 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

Oh just wait until BigRed/Rapture sees these rankings. He can't stand to see Longview on top. 😅

But I warned people about LVs potential 2022-2026 a few years back.

 

No surprise Willie at #1  bet em practices are fun to watch Willie vs hale iron sharpens iron 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, GoLobos said:

So Grant went back to WO per that districts thread

Yep.

Happened right after spring. That's why you haven't seen him at 7v7.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

OL goes:

6'1 240

5'10 230

5'11 280

6'2.5 330

6'2 260

I mean, you'd like bigger but we've had worse. Key thing here is all 5 above are talented (we saw a dip in OL talent the past few years IMO) and started a year ago....Norman being a 3 year starter.

I do expect a pair of sophomores to possibly enter the mix at tackle and guard, both nice sized. '24 class also has 6'3 285 Kam Murray who would possibly be an impact guy for us if not for injury after injury.

I agree we could definitely have larger bodies on the o-line.  One thing we have always had regardless of size was the ability to use strength and leverage to our advantage...it seems to have been lacking somewhat or those we encounter have been just a little better.  Hope we see the ability of our line to do more.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just an idea of the post season run according to DCTF...

D5 1) Mansfield Timberview vs D6 4) Frisco
D7 3) Tyler vs D8 2) Port Arthur Memorial
D5 4) Dallas WT White vs D6 1) Frisco Lone Star
D7 2) Lancaster vs D8 3) Barbers Hill

D5 3) Dallas Bryan Adams vs D6 2) Frisco Wakeland
D7 1) Longview vs D8 4) Baytown Lee
D5 2) North Richland Hills Richland vs D6 3) Frisco Reedy
D7 4) McKinney North vs D8 1) Crosby

Basically laid out, Longview would have a run against the following teams according to DCTF:
1) Baytown Lee (awful, awful...one of the worst teams we would have faced in post season play under King excluding Dallas Bryan Adams in 06)
2) Frisco Wakeland, ranked No. 25 in preseason (though did just lose their head coach)
3) Crosby, ranked No. 6 preseason
4) Frisco Lone Star, ranked No. 5 pre season
5) Denton Ryan, ranked No. 2 pre season (or even Aledo, ranked No. 3 pre season)
6) College Station, ranked No. 4 pre season

I know a lot of people said oh, our region is going to be easier now that College Station/Denton Ryan and such are out of it...but man. That is not an easy road no matter how you look at it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, GoLobos said:

2 PA Memo

Tyler having to travel to Port Arthur Memorial on a likely Friday night...my goodness.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, ANTI said:

In the same time frame...same criteria as above...

Longview = 39

I counted 36 for Lufkin, I think 33 for LV and I think 32 for JT.  But I know 247 can miss guys.

also counted 23 or 24 for Lee

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Tyler having to travel to Port Arthur Memorial on a likely Friday night...my goodness.

Well they are undefeated versus us (2-0) including a win in Port Arthur. (very long time ago though 2004/2005) 

 

I think Tyler comes in 2nd behind Longview. I personally want Lancaster down here in Port Arthur, we didn't beat them good enough in 2021 (27-7) over in Prairie View. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

I counted 36 for Lufkin, I think 33 for LV and I think 32 for JT.  But I know 247 can miss guys.

also counted 23 or 24 for Lee

I decided to look up Gilmer and Carthage too.

I counted about 30 for Gilmer and around 20 for Carthage. 

That's pretty crazy for Gilmer to have close to the same amount of Div.1 kids as JT/LV/LP

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

I counted 36 for Lufkin, I think 33 for LV and I think 32 for JT.  But I know 247 can miss guys.

also counted 23 or 24 for Lee

Yeah, 247 can miss.

For example, 2011 class only shows Pete Robertson going to Tech. But we also had TE Brandon Olson that year that went to Kansas. 

We're above 33 a bit.

Not that I use DI numbers to gauge the talent level at Longview though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Well they are undefeated versus us (2-0) including a win in Port Arthur. (very long time ago though 2004/2005) 

 

I think Tyler comes in 2nd behind Longview. I personally want Lancaster down here in Port Arthur, we didn't beat them good enough in 2021 (27-7) over in Prairie View. 

That’s my prediction. That’s a ROUGH DRIVE for tyler.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...