12 hours ago, ANTI said:

Something else that is growing on me...

I've acknowledged that Tyler High is about to take a step forward this year for several reasons, but I feel like the QB situation hasn't been discussed enough.

I'm outside looking in, but from my angle, the QB woes are about to end. I know Holmes has several guys up for QB1 but in my eyes there is only one correct answer here.

'25 JB Williams just looks like he either has or potentially has that 'it' to him that Tyler fans have been looking for. Now when he takes snaps this fall, he'll only be a sophomore, so early growing pains are to be expected. But I do see him playing on the DI level one day, and at least he'll have a back like McFall to lighten the load and talented wideouts who can make something happen if need be. 

I don't know I hope your right. As crazy as this might sound, but I think JT will have a better team next yr.  The qb will have a yr of experience, and they will return a ton of players who will either start or see time this yr, including McFall

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

I don't know I hope your right. As crazy as this might sound, but I think JT will have a better team next yr.  The qb will have a yr of experience, and they will return a ton of players who will either start or see time this yr, including McFall

Doesn't sound crazy at all. 

Feel the same way about Longview. As good as we'll be this year, like JT, our best class is the 2024 class.

'24 QB list. Only one from the district made the list...McKinney North's Colin Hitchcock (6'5 195).

Definitely impressed me last year vs Longview as a sophomore. Was by far, the best QB on the field that night and it wasn't close.

Part of the reason why I thought McNorth was playoff material, outside of the fact that they simply don't miss playoffs, was because they had the best QB situation in the district. Will be interesting to see how life is for McNorth post Mike Fecci though. Tough replacing good coaching. 

• Like 1

On 8/1/2022 at 3:23 AM, Bigredcujo4eva said:

Next year im worried about the wrs. This year i feel its important that holmes decide early on who he wants to be the starter, so they can gain a little experience before district and get comfortable.  The more time the better. I feel like the starter will be Williams but haven't seen much as Holmes has seen,so he knows far better than we do. I hope they get the Qb ready and be able to keep one through the season this year man because i hate to see them have all that talent and it gets hidden by low QB play. Ofcourse i feel whoever they have this year will be better than what we experienced after Eli Holt got hurt. Cause the others behind him (Eli Holt) were  very undeveloped and it was devastating. Whoever is back there need to able to pass all over the field and not just one side of the field. 

they will be alright.

36 minutes ago, ANTI said:

maybe I'm undercutting Lancaster but they are the only team I know that is always over ranked consistently. they never perform as a top 5 team. that haven't done anything major since 2012. I just don't get it every year. they are always ranked top 5-10 to get bounced in the second round.... or first lol

5 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

maybe I'm undercutting Lancaster but they are the only team I know that is always over ranked consistently. they never perform as a top 5 team. that haven't done anything major since 2012. I just don't get it every year. they are always ranked top 5-10 to get bounced in the second round.... or first lol

I get it.

They have a ton to prove (they aren't playing DISD anymore). But I dunno man, they have a bunch of talent over there that isn't  going to go unnoticed.

They also have a fairly recent state title appearance. 

I still think Tyler takes them in a close one, but they'll need production from the QB position to do it.

17 minutes ago, ANTI said:

I get it.

They have a ton to prove (they aren't playing DISD anymore). But I dunno man, they have a bunch of talent over there that isn't  going to go unnoticed.

They also have a fairly recent state title appearance. 

I still think Tyler takes them in a close one, but they'll need production from the QB position to do it.

yes recent but it was 10 years ago none of those of players and probably the coaching staff are there. they have been an average playoff team since. that not dropping 70 a week in this district. which Is why I agree with Step with JT being second. I get the they got players don't get me wrong but looking good in camp and 7 On 7 is totally different from the real deal as you know. I gotta see it on the field against real opponents not DISD lol. TBH I wouldn't be surprised if they get railed in the preseason by oak cliff and guyer and playing y'all. I see them being 2-3 by the time they play us. is that Top 5 worthy??

26 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

I see them being 2-3 by the time they play us. is that Top 5 worthy??

I mean, Guyer, Longview and SOC are hard opponents lol

Longview and SOC are coming into the season ranked #1, Guyer #6 in 6A.

1 hour ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

They lost in the Quarterfinals in 2015, 2016 and 2019, two of those being Lone Star.

Lost in the 2nd round in 2018, then to Longview in 2020 and 2021.

They haven’t lost in the first since 2014.

This misconception that they are always overrated is pretty ridiculous. Throw in the Finals loss in 2012, and they’ve undoubtedly been more successful than Cujo the last decade.

14 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

They lost in the Quarterfinals in 2015, 2016 and 2019, two of those being Lone Star.

This misconception that they are always overrated is pretty ridiculous. Throw in the Finals loss in 2012, and they’ve undoubtedly been more successful than Cujo the last decade.

Facts

Not taking anything away from Lancaster. I wouldn't be shocked at all if they beat Cujo this yr.  However, I kinda understand where the doubt comes from.  From 2012 to 2018. You could argue JT was a better program. JT was actually 2-1 vs Lancaster during that period.

If you look from 2012 to present, Lancaster has 87 wins, Cujo has 77 wins.  But, the past 3 seaasons, which has been JT's worst stretch,  Lancaster schedule has been really bad.  Cujo probably would have won 8 or 9 games with that schedule.  

Regardless, I honestly give the edge to Lancaster this yr. I'm not buying into the Cujo hype until I see it on the field.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

CUJO was was just as dominant as lancaster the last decade alittle but more actually. 3 semifinals appearances 2 quarterfinal appearances since 2010. A decade and two years. Heck one of the year we beat lancaster in the playoffs and we 2-1 against them over this time. 6 of those 10 years we were ranked in the top 10 during the season. But I get a lot of people forget about what we have accomplished the last decade we you only focus on 2019 up until now. And even 2021 wasn’t terrible until injuries 

2 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

Not taking anything away from Lancaster. I wouldn't be shocked at all if they beat Cujo this yr.  However, I kinda understand where the doubt comes from.  From 2012 to 2018. You could argue JT was a better program. JT was actually 2-1 vs Lancaster during that period.

If you look from 2012 to present, Lancaster has 87 wins, Cujo has 77 wins.  But, the past 3 seaasons, which has been JT's worst stretch,  Lancaster schedule has been really bad.  Cujo probably would have won 8 or 9 games with that schedule.  

Regardless, I honestly give the edge to Lancaster this yr. I'm not buying into the Cujo hype until I see it on the field.

Exactly we’ve done just as much and don’t even get the same love. If we were playing DISD for most the season we would look like a top five team too. Why the LV guys don’t see that idk.

18 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

CUJO was was just as dominant as lancaster the last decade alittle but more actually. 3 semifinals appearances 2 quarterfinal appearances since 2010. A decade and two years. Heck one of the year we beat lancaster in the playoffs and we 2-1 against them over this time. 6 of those 10 years we were ranked in the top 10 during the season. But I get a lot of people forget about what we have accomplished the last decade we you only focus on 2019 up until now. And even 2021 wasn’t terrible until injuries 

I mean I literally said the last decade. You're just changing the year total now lol.

Lancaster
2012 - State Finals
2013 - Missed
2014 - Bi-District
2015 - Quarterfinals
2016 - Quarterfinals
2017 - Missed
2018 - Area
2019 - Quarters
2020 - Area
2021 - Area

Tyler
2012 - Semi-Finals
2013 - Bi-District
2014 - Semi-Finals
2015 - Area
2016 - Regional
2017 - Missed
2018 - Quarterfinal
2019 - Bi-District
2020 - Missed
2021 - Bi-District

You're the one who said that Lancaster is always overrated when they've arguably had just as much success the last 10 years as your own program. Yes 2019 to 2021 wasn't good for Cujo, but still y'all have just as many missed playoff years as they do in the last decade...just as many bi-district/area losses as they have.

All I was saying is that they're not an overrated program like you were trying to put out there.

21 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I mean I literally said the last decade. You're just changing the year total now lol.

Lancaster
2012 - State Finals
2013 - Missed
2014 - Bi-District
2015 - Quarterfinals
2016 - Quarterfinals
2017 - Missed
2018 - Area
2019 - Quarters
2020 - Area
2021 - Area

Tyler
2012 - Semi-Finals
2013 - Bi-District
2014 - Semi-Finals
2015 - Area
2016 - Regional
2017 - Missed
2018 - Quarterfinal
2019 - Bi-District
2020 - Missed
2021 - Bi-District

You're the one who said that Lancaster is always overrated when they've arguably had just as much success the last 10 years as your own program. Yes 2019 to 2021 wasn't good for Cujo, but still y'all have just as many missed playoff years as they do in the last decade...just as many bi-district/area losses as they have.

All I was saying is that they're not an overrated program like you were trying to put out there.

Lobos going 20+ years strong making playoffs 🐸☕

21 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

5 of the top 10 in Region II.

Should be interesting for Crosby not only moving up to Division 1 but also into region 2. IMHO I don't see a top 10 team they can't compete with on the list. Crosby has depth at RB I haven't seen since Craig "Sqwirl" Williams, Carlos Grace, Tre Edwards. Plus the LB group will be a force.

28 minutes ago, Cougar239 said:

Should be interesting for Crosby not only moving up to Division 1 but also into region 2. IMHO I don't see a top 10 team they can't compete with on the list. Crosby has depth at RB I haven't seen since Craig "Sqwirl" Williams, Carlos Grace, Tre Edwards. Plus the LB group will be a force.

If the QB play is even half way decent, 2022 Longview > 2018 Longview.

It won't have to be elite level (because of FBS talents like Tatum, Hale and DK), just can't hurt us. 

And Longview's best class isn't even seniors. That's the crazy thing about all of this.

• Like 1