15 minutes ago, WolverBean said:

just like the state of ark huh

Pretty much. It wasn’t even satisfying to humiliate their best team lol

Though we’ve set a new bar on making an enraged fan meltdown for over a year. In the alternate universe where this guy could get a date, you know he’d spend the entire time thinking of how Longview beat Bryant and he never got over it. 

• LOL! 2

Just now, mav01 said:

Why are Lobo fans so quiet? Figured we'd be hearing about how much Longview dominated by now?

It’s a scrimmage, literally does not matter. Taylor Tatum dominated all night. Was hoping it would be streamed but alas. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, mav01 said:

Why are Lobo fans so quiet? Figured we'd be hearing about how much Longview dominated by now? I was looking forward to some updates since it wasn't live streamed.

Taylor Tatum feasted.

Dude is in store for a massive season.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Pretty much. It wasn’t even satisfying to humiliate their best team lol

Though we’ve set a new bar on making an enraged fan meltdown for over a year. In the alternate universe where this guy could get a date, you know he’d spend the entire time thinking of how Longview beat Bryant and he never got over it. 

Dont know why you think im from Bryant I live right down the road from Longview! I just happen to have an opinion and you Lobo fans get all riled up! You are an idiot if you think they got a beatdown! Good luck and enjoy your early exit from the playoffs  again.

• Roll Eyes 1
  • Stinks 1

3 hours ago, WhyUMad said:

Dont know why you think im from Bryant I live right down the road from Longview! I just happen to have an opinion and you Lobo fans get all riled up! You are an idiot if you think they got a beatdown! Good luck and enjoy your early exit from the playoffs  again.

The best way to make stuff like this stop is to not respond to it.  I think more trash talking here would be fun.  If it goes over the top we will warn first, suspend later.  I don’t see any harm so far in these posts.

Just watch the personal insults and definitely do not ever insult a player directly when trash talking in the HS forum.

Have a great day guys!  Real football in 1 week!

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, LoboFan80 said:

Are they streaming the scrimmage ?

My bad, y'all. I ass-u-me'd we'd be YouTubing it. But the decision was made to just film highlights to post later. I wasn't part of that meeting.  :shrug: 

13 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

You’re still mad that we smacked Bryant, huh? Lol

Longview Lobos = 2021 Class 7A Arkansas State Champs.  :rofl:

12 hours ago, mav01 said:

Why are Lobo fans so quiet? Figured we'd be hearing about how much Longview dominated by now? I was looking forward to some updates since it wasn't live streamed.

We were trying to get a lot of guys a lot of different looks. Playcalling on both sides of the ball was vanilla by design. 

Lobo fans who know the game knew what this was going in, and thus did not feel inclined to offer commentary. 

How'd your team do? 

14 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Any initial views from today? Sounds like Tatum had a fantastic day.

A total success!

While the playcalling was (by design) very, very conservative (on both sides of the ball), we got a LOT of different guys game-speed snaps.

Jordan was solid. Taylor looked awesome. Jax was a monster. The guys we expect to be good looked great. I saw a LOT of veteran leadership (on-field and sideline) during a few testy moments. The players intervened before the coaches had to. Great to see. 

Texarkana brought the usual intensity and physicality, you can tell this game means a lot to them. I love having them as a pre-season scrimmage. 

Lobo up! 

It is great for Texas High to get the opportunity to have their pre-season scrimmage against a strong, talented, physical team like the Longview Lobos.    It pays dividends all season long.    That's especially true this year with the Tigers opening the season playing up a classification or two with Frisco Lone Star and Colleyville Heritage. 

I wish the Lobos good luck in the season ahead.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ace said:

It is great for Texas High to get the opportunity to have their pre-season scrimmage against a strong, talented, physical team like the Longview Lobos.    It pays dividends all season long.    That's especially true this year with the Tigers opening the season playing up a classification or two with Frisco Lone Star and Colleyville Heritage. 

Best wishes to TH this season...solid team you guys have.  Best of luck and really hope we can keep this up.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ace said:

Texas High is such the perfect scrimmage opponent for Longview, imo. They bring the intensity and the passion every time we get on the field together.

Best of luck this season. No doubt y'all should win district. A T High/SOC meeting would be quite interesting.

• Like 1
  • Love 1