Marshall @ Longview

Mesquite @ North Mesquite

Mesquite Poteet @ West Mesquite

McKinney North @ Justin Northwest

Nacogdoches @ Lufkin

Tyler @ Tyler Legacy

SOC @ Lancaster

Picks for this week...

Forney @ Frisco Memorial - Going with the Jackrabbits in another high scoring affair.

Marshall @ Longview - Close in the first quarter, then Longview runs away with things.

Mesquite v. North Mesquite - Skeeters win by a couple scores.

Mesquite Poteet v. West Mesquite - I just don't buy that West is a decent team at all, so going with Poteet in a close one.

McKinney North @ Justin Northwest - Neither of these two squads played good teams to open the season, but thinking Northwest pulls away in the 2nd half of this one.

Nacogdoches @ Lufkin - Lufkin rolls. Nac is not a good squad.

Tyler v. Tyler Legacy - I struggled with this one, but I'm thinking Legacy is heading towards a 1-9 type of season. Tyler pulls away in the second half.

South Oak Cliff @ Lancaster - Has to be the game of the week in the district I would think. Huge test for Lancaster. Seeing them struggle offensively against Skyline is eyebrow raising worth, but they completely shut down their offense. It looks like Lancaster really struggled with penalties (13-143!!!!) and they clearly do not have a kicker with 3 misses PATs. Does SOC have enough offense to win? Should be a fun game. Going with the Golden Bears.

• Like 2

Forney up 13-7 at start of the 3rd. Jackrabbits…man. I just don’t see it in this district. Lot of people had them as a dark horse but I just don’t see anything that suggests they have the horses to compete for a playoff berth at this level.

9th scores and standings

Forney beat Frisco Memorial,  33-0

Longview beat Marshall,  55-14

Lufkin beat Nacogdoches,  36-0

Tyler beat Tyler Legacy,  46-6

West Mesquite beat Mesquite Poteet,  48-14

Justin Northwest beat McKinney North

Mesquite-North Mesquite (cancelled)

SOC beat Lancaster

1.  Forney (2-0)(0-0)

2.  Longview (2-0)(0-0)

3.  Lufkin (2-0)(0-0)

4. Tyler (2-0)(0-0)

5.  West Mesquite (2-0)(0-0)

6.  North Mesquite (1-0)(0-0)

7. Lancaster (1-1)(0-0)

8. McKinney North (1-1)(0-0)

JV scores and standings

Forney beat Frisco Memorial,  63-14

Longview beat Marshall,  14-0 (called off after Longview went up 14-0, due to blackout at Maverick Stadium)

Lufkin beat Nacogdoches,  39-0

Tyler Legacy beat Tyler,  38-30

Justin Northwest beat McKinney North,  54-35

West Mesquite beat Mesquite Poteet

Mesquite beat North Mesquite,  47-0

SOC beat Lancaster

1.  Forney (2-0)(0-0)

2.  Longview (2-0)(0-0)

3. Lufkin (2-0)(0-0)

4. West Mesquite (2-0)(0-0)

5.  Lancaster (1-1)(0-0)

6.  McKinney North (1-1)(0-0)

7.  Tyler (1-1)(0-0)

8.  North Mesquite (0-2)(0-0)

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Forney up 13-7 at start of the 3rd. Jackrabbits…man. I just don’t see it in this district. Lot of people had them as a dark horse but I just don’t see anything that suggests they have the horses to compete for a playoff berth at this level.

Forney won 34-14 (it was that when I left at least).

Memorial couldn’t tackle anyone in the 2nd half. 

Forney would be a decent 5A D2 team, but man, I really feel they’re gonna struggle against the top dogs of this division.

On 8/27/2022 at 5:16 PM, LoboFan07 said:

I've seen a couple of their fans over there stating that CE King is the next North Shore and that's why they lost that bad. I can't.

The next North Shore is currently losing 35-0 at halftime to Allen. Sooo....lol.

• Like 1

Finals this week:

Forney beat Frisco Memorial,  33-14

Longview beat Marshall,  48-11

Tyler Legacy beat Tyler,  33-27 4OT

West Mesquite beat Mesquite Poteet,  51-21

Lufkin beat Nacogdoches,  37-0 

Lancaster beat SOC,  21-3

McKinney North beat Justin Northwest,  47-39

Mesquite beat North Mesquite,  44-32

Standings:

1.  Lancaster (2-0)(0-0)

2.  Longview (2-0)(0-0)

3.  Lufkin (2-0)(0-0)

4.  McKinney North (2-0)(0-0)

5. West Mesquite (2-0)(0-0)

6. Forney (1-1)(0-0)

7.  North Mesquite (1-1)(0-0)

8.  Tyler (0-2)(0-0)

Next week

Lancaster @ Denton Guyer (Thurs)

Frisco Memorial @ McKinney North (Thurs)

Longview @ Tyler Legacy

North Forney @ North Mesquite

Tyler @ Mesquite Horn

Lufkin @ A&M Consolidated

Mesquite Poteet @ Forney

West Mesquite @ Chisholm Trail

Some quick thoughts after this week...

It's time to sell stock...on CUJO. Wow is all I can say. Forget all of the starters returning, there is DI talent all over the field and so far we've gotten a blowout loss at the hands of Marshall, followed by a loss to Legacy...who probably just got win one of three this year. Is the Tyler program THAT dependent on the QB position despite having a major DI recruit in the backfield? Who by the way...hasn't lived up to his rating SO FAR. Then the HC decides to take the ball after winning the flip in OT, head scratcher there. I don't know, just hasn't been a good showing from Tyler.

The record looks nice, but! I still cannot quite decide what to make of Lufkin. But we'll know all that we need to know about the Pack when they visit A&M Consolidated next week. In the mean time, Lufkin is 2-0 for the first time since 2016.

It's time to buy stock on...McKinney North. I originally had the Bulldogs tabbed as a playoff team but when Fecci stepped down from HC...I stepped back. Well guess what, North is still winning lol 2-0 and all of a sudden looking down the barrow of 3-0 going into that Week 4 matchup against Lancaster. '24 back Jayden Walker went off for 325 tonight...man this district has some talented backs.

September 23rd...is going to be a huge night for this district. West will face North Mesquite...loser is guaranteed to be watching playoffs from the couch. Lufkin travels to face a tricky Forney squad following a possible tough one at home vs Longview. Then the big one, Lancaster walks into Lobo Stadium to face Longview, more than likely for all of the marbles. And if I'm a betting man, it probably won't be the last time that these two hook up this year. 

Interesting stuff in this district so far. 

• Like 2

On 9/2/2022 at 10:45 PM, ANTI said:

Next week

Lancaster @ Denton Guyer (Thurs)

Frisco Memorial @ McKinney North (Thurs)

Longview @ Tyler Legacy

North Forney @ North Mesquite

Tyler @ Mesquite Horn

Lufkin @ A&M Consolidated

Mesquite Poteet @ Forney

West Mesquite @ Chisholm Trail

Going with....

Lancaster at Denton Guyer - Hard to not pick the Wildcats right now. They have dominated two really good squads this season. Think it'll happen again on Thursday. Lancaster's offense has not been the best thus far, so am interested to see how their offense does more so than anything against Guyer.

Frisco Memorial at McKinney North - Watched Memorial last week against Forney. If North struggles with them, they are not anywhere near as good as I think they are this season. North should roll.

Longview at Tyler Legacy - Bloodbath. Lobos roll

North Forney at North Mesquite - This is an interesting game. North Forney getting the win over Rowlett last week after losing to Whitehouse of all teams was really surprising. Mesquite controlled the game from the get go, by the looks of it, against North Mesquite last Friday. North Mesquite should still win this one. Interesting one to keep an eye on though.

Tyler at Mesquite Horn - I don't know what's going on at Tyler High right now, but they need to turn things around and quick before their season comes completely derailed. 9 turnovers in 2 games is just asking for an early off season. That said, Horn will be too much for them. Jags by a couple scores.

Lufkin at A&M Consolidated - This has the potential to be the game of the week. How good are the Tigers really? How good is Lufkin really? We'll find out a lot more about both teams this coming Friday. This is a really good litmus test for both squads I feel. Tigers pull away in the 2nd half.

Mesquite Poteet at Forney - Poteet is coming off a heavy loss to West Mesquite. We'll find out how both Forney and West compare right away. Going with the Jackrabbits in a game that is a complete blow out by halftime.

West Mesquite at Fort Worth Chisholm Trail - West has had a really good start to the season, against two really bad teams but still a 2-0 start with two blow outs is as perfect as they can get. Chisholm Trail opened the season with a big win over Bryan Adams, before losing to Denton. Denton High is not the same as the other Denton schools, that was a really bad loss. Going with West in another blow out win.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2022 at 12:48 AM, ANTI said:

Some quick thoughts after this week...

It's time to sell stock...on CUJO. Wow is all I can say. Forget all of the starters returning, there is DI talent all over the field and so far we've gotten a blowout loss at the hands of Marshall, followed by a loss to Legacy...who probably just got win one of three this year. Is the Tyler program THAT dependent on the QB position despite having a major DI recruit in the backfield? Who by the way...hasn't lived up to his rating SO FAR. Then the HC decides to take the ball after winning the flip in OT, head scratcher there. I don't know, just hasn't been a good showing from Tyler.

The issues run much deeper than McFall, who really only played one game this yr, because he got hurt in the 1st qtr against Marshall. This program hasn't been worth buying stock on in several yrs and I don't see that changing. But for those holding on to hope, they have had bad losses to Lee in the past and manage to have great seasons. I don't see it this yr or anytime in the near future until changes are made.

7 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

The issues run much deeper than McFall, who really only played one game this yr, because he got hurt in the 1st qtr against Marshall. This program hasn't been worth buying stock on in several yrs and I don't see that changing. But for those holding on to hope, they have had bad losses to Lee in the past and manage to have great seasons. I don't see it this yr or anytime in the near future until changes are made.

Has there been any talk of changes being made though?

11 hours ago, LufkinPack said:

Highlights of Lufkins 37-0 win over Nac

Good size and speed.  I understand that you guys are rotating QBs.  If the one throwing the accurate balls doesn't play on Friday, ya'll will get blown out.  This will be a great test to see how good Lufkin is.

14 hours ago, kingwolf said:

Good size and speed.  I understand that you guys are rotating QBs.  If the one throwing the accurate balls doesn't play on Friday, ya'll will get blown out.  This will be a great test to see how good Lufkin is.

I agree. I’m not sure why we keep playing Moody (#2).. We went through this last season and TJ Hammond (#14) won the job as a soph and finished the season out as the starter. So, coming into this season I would’ve thought Hammond was gonna be the starter no doubt. Especially since he has two seasons left as to where moody is a senior and couldn’t even win the job last year as a junior. But here we are back to a two QB system. I’m willing to bet Hammond won the job for good against Nac. He played a little over half a quarter and put up 3 TD’s. Moody had an entire quarter against nac and couldn’t score at all. We had receivers open and he couldn’t even get it in the vicinity of one. I’m with you, if we don’t come into college station Friday with Hammond as the starter, it’ll be over. We can’t afford to play moody for an entire quarter and punt it back to consol time and time again. It’ll be too late at that point. With this staff, who knows 🥴

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LufkinPack said:

This year is gonna be more like slaughter a panther lol 

Aw dude, c'mon...  Lufkin could be 0-9 headed into that game and they'd still play Longview like it's the state championship.