14 hours ago, Bigredcujo4eva said:

Well i personally think they would have beaten Longview last year had the starting Qb been healthy.  That changed everything when Mcfall had to be back there. When The offense can not function ,ur not ginna get first downs and when don't get first downs,thats more possessions for the opposing team.  That was the case vs every team vs JT after Holt's injury. Wasn't actually the real JT that went on that winning streak. I definitely think they could beat Longview more than i did last year because they are far better but if the Qb ain't right,then that may flip the team as we seen last season. 

49-0 does not one player make up.

• Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

Holt could have possibly made it a more respectable game, but Cujo wasn't winning that game. Def wasn't good enough and hasn't been good enough against the run for the past several yrs.  I don't know if it was the scheme, but I just don't think Tyler high was getting the most out of their defense.  Marshall held LV to 14 points and I think Tyler High has at least the talent Marshall has.   

Changes were made this off-season, so hopefully a better result in the future.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

We wouldn’t have won but it wouldn’t have been 49-0 probably more like 38-21 38-24 type of game. A lot of the scoring was due to very short field position. Cause there was no ball movement

I'd give yall 14 points tops.

Y'all were getting ate alive in the trenches. HP didn't even put up a bunch of points against us either year.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Bigredcujo4eva said:

Well i personally think they would have beaten Longview last year had the starting Qb been healthy.  That changed everything when Mcfall had to be back there. When The offense can not function ,ur not ginna get first downs and when don't get first downs,thats more possessions for the opposing team.  That was the case vs every team vs JT after Holt's injury. Wasn't actually the real JT that went on that winning streak. I definitely think they could beat Longview more than i did last year because they are far better but if the Qb ain't right,then that may flip the team as we seen last season. 

Did we watch the same game: https://lobohistory.com/gamelogs/articles/1160.html

The only thing keeping the score close was King's mercy. 

9 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Two different Longview squads.

See the Ryan results.

14 in the first quarter against HP had holt not got hurt we would’ve put up 30+ plus. It wouldn’t have been hard to do it to LV. Your defense will look good when all you have to do is guard the run. Cause we had Deebo from gentry parkway by Williams chicken throwing the ball 🤣🤣🤣🤣.

• Like 2

On 4/21/2022 at 9:12 AM, LoboFan07 said:

49-0 does not one player make up.

Yes it does because type of unprepared backups that cause that type of score giving the opposing team more than normal possession because unable to sustain a drive or 1st down. Not really but more because the qb situation was so horrible. Anyone could see that was not the real Tyler lions.  I expect yall to speak advasarily for Longview but posting that score as any realness or assurance of anything other than that was just the actual score is mind boggling. U a bigger fool than u play me for if u think im soppose to think Longview were actually better. No jt  was damaged by loss of their Starting Qb and no acceptable replacement for the type of offense they run.The key to that lopsided score to me was time possession it seems like Longview had. TEXAS HIGH WOULD of BLOWN THE HELL OUT OF JT IF MCFALL WOULD HAVE STAYED IN AT QB. NO ABILITY TO RUN THE OFFENSE.Not THAT TYPE OF SPREAD OFFENSE. MCFALL PROBABLY COULD DONE better  IN THAT OLD 1990'S WILSON OFFENSE BUT NOT THIS TYPE BIG PLAY SPREAD SYSTEM THEY RUN NOW. HOLT IS PROBABLY THE BEST QB JT EVER HAD THAT CAN BRING THE BEST OUT OF ALL HIS RECIEVERS.  THAT BOY HAS A TALENT TO DELIVER. U HAVE A QB THAT HAS DAMN NEAR A 700 YARD PASSING NIGHT WITH 3 WRS ALL OVER 100 YARDS (IF IM MOT MISTAKEN) THE SKY IS THE LIMIT. THAT GUY GOES DOWN ITS A BIG DIFFERENCE. 

• Like 1
  • Roll Eyes 1

15 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

Holt could have possibly made it a more respectable game, but Cujo wasn't winning that game. Def wasn't good enough and hasn't been good enough against the run for the past several yrs.  I don't know if it was the scheme, but I just don't think Tyler high was getting the most out of their defense.  Marshall held LV to 14 points and I think Tyler High has at least the talent Marshall has.   

Changes were made this off-season, so hopefully a better result in the future.

They would of definitely won that man. I don't know how come up with that other i assume u didn't see front and center play much. They probably best them and Highland park and went deep in playoffs with win over Denton Ryan.  Thats how dangerous the offense was. The offense was a help to that defense also . Defense Didn't have to be on the field every 5 minutes.  Also you said Marshall held Longview to 14 points. Well im sure Marshall had an acceptable qb behind center that kept the offense from being in shambles and possibly season high possession to opposing team. That is more of reason of Longview's 49 points, not Longview.  Their offense was not that good last season. 

• Roll Eyes 1

15 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

We wouldn’t have won but it wouldn’t have been 49-0 probably more like 38-21 38-24 type of game. A lot of the scoring was due to very short field position. Cause there was no ball movement

Tyler high would have definitely beat them man. Come on my goodness. Longview was not that good of a team last season.  Very beatable. Didn't they lose to one of those weaker teams in district?  Yes,come on. Im just being truthful.  Jt was a good explosive team with Holt. They never had Qb with his potential to put up numbers in the passing column. But JT never had this good of group of explosiveness at the wr position either imo. U can go back to 2012.

• Roll Eyes 1

5 hours ago, Bigredcujo4eva said:

Yes it does because type of unprepared backups that cause that type of score giving the opposing team more than normal possession because unable to sustain a drive or 1st down. Not really but more because the qb situation was so horrible. Anyone could see that was not the real Tyler lions.  I expect yall to speak advasarily for Longview but posting that score as any realness or assurance of anything other than that was just the actual score is mind boggling. U a bigger fool than u play me for if u think im soppose to think Longview were actually better. No jt  was damaged by loss of their and no acceptable replacement for the type of offense they run.

You've scored 14 total points against us in 3 years..and shut out twice.

What score do you want? 42-0? 49-0? 58-14?

21 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

Marshall held LV to 14 points

The difference between Allen playing 3/4ths of the game, to Thomas playing the full game against JT.

I mean we were a yard away from 400 yards, and that was with a turnover ourselves. The game wasn't decided just based on field position.

No doubt y'all had issues in the QB department, but that was also one of the worst offensive lines we've had under King, and we still nearly got 300 yards rushing.

5 hours ago, Bigredcujo4eva said:

Tyler high would have definitely beat them man. Come on my goodness. Longview was not that good of a team last season.  Very beatable. Didn't they lose to one of those weaker teams in district?  Yes,come on. Im just being truthful.  Jt was a good explosive team with Holt. They never had Qb with his potential to put up numbers in the passing column. But JT never had this good of group of explosiveness at the wr position either imo. U can go back to 2012.

Was Holt the QB for Tyler High during the Legacy, Horn, McKinney North and West Mesquite games? Yes or no.

Because...the Legacy game was a loss, and you didn't exactly light up the scoreboard against those other 3 teams the way an offense of 2012 JT would've done. 31 points against West Mesquite....we gave them 56 with our best QB out and a backup RB. WITH 3 turnovers. 

Holt was good and yall were a better team when he was throwing the rock ..but there is no evidence out there that suggest that he would've made up for 49 points to beat Longview....or run through the playoffs to beat squads like Ryan lol yall were not strong enough in the trenches, committed too many penalties and didn't have the defense to get something like that done. Specifically run defense. And guess what squads like Ryan and CS had....amazing run offenses and solid OLs.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ANTI said:

Two different Longview squads.

See the Ryan results.

Possibly...or maybe Marshall had a good def game plan.    Based on games against similar opponents over the past couple yrs, I believe Marshall had a better defensive staff than Tyler High, which was my overall point.

I think Longview is very talented, but I don't believe from a talent standpoint that LV is 49 points better than Cujo (maybe 21 points, but not 49). Coaching I believe has played into it.  But scoreboard says otherwise.  So it is what it is.    

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

The difference between Allen playing 3/4ths of the game, to Thomas playing the full game against JT.

I mean we were a yard away from 400 yards, and that was with a turnover ourselves. The game wasn't decided just based on field position.

No doubt y'all had issues in the QB department, but that was also one of the worst offensive lines we've had under King, and we still nearly got 300 yards rushing.

I'm sure you are correct.  So if Thomas made a huge difference for LV, isn't it fair for Cujo fans to say Holt could have made a similar difference. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bigredcujo4eva said:

Tyler high would have definitely beat them man. Come on my goodness. Longview was not that good of a team last season.  Very beatable. Didn't they lose to one of those weaker teams in district?  

Its crazy, because I don't see how Mc North or even Jesuit a few yrs ago beat LV, but JT couldn't give LV a game.  It wasn't that long ago where you could argue JT and LV were on the same level, but things have fell off big time at Tyler. 

But this is the year where we find out the real state of program. Lots of talented players back.Hoping for a great season.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ANTI said:

Was Holt the QB for Tyler High during the Legacy, Horn, McKinney North and West Mesquite games? Yes or no.

Because...the Legacy game was a loss, and you didn't exactly light up the scoreboard against those other 3 teams the way an offense of 2012 JT would've done. 31 points against West Mesquite....we gave them 56 with our best QB out and a backup RB. WITH 3 turnovers. 

Holt was good and yall were a better team when he was throwing the rock ..but there is no evidence out there that suggest that he would've made up for 49 points to beat Longview....or run through the playoffs to beat squads like Ryan lol yall were not strong enough in the trenches, committed too many penalties and didn't have the defense to get something like that done. Specifically run defense. And guess what squads like Ryan and CS had....amazing run offenses and solid OLs.

Longview wouldn't have gotten 49 points if Holt played is also the point im making.  They only scored that many points because of jt was so horrible at Qb, Longview had much time of possessions vs a mediocre defense to run the score up. Thats what i saw.

• Roll Eyes 1

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

I'm sure you are correct.  So if Thomas made a huge difference for LV, isn't it fair for Cujo fans to say Holt could have made a similar difference. 

I have no doubt Holt would've made the game closer, just don't believe it would've been pulled JT back to within even a score of Longview...where bigred over here is saying y'all would flat out beat us with him.

13 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I have no doubt Holt would've made the game closer, just don't believe it would've been pulled JT back to within even a score of Longview...where bigred over here is saying y'all would flat out beat us with him.

gotcha

10 hours ago, Bigredcujo4eva said:

They would of definitely won that man. I don't know how come up with that other i assume u didn't see front and center play much. They probably best them and Highland park and went deep in playoffs with win over Denton Ryan.  Thats how dangerous the offense was. The offense was a help to that defense also . Defense Didn't have to be on the field every 5 minutes.  Also you said Marshall held Longview to 14 points. Well im sure Marshall had an acceptable qb behind center that kept the offense from being in shambles and possibly season high possession to opposing team. That is more of reason of Longview's 49 points, not Longview.  Their offense was not that good last season. 

Hp didn't beat Ryan in playoffs? Cs did after we beat em up week before

On 4/11/2022 at 4:31 PM, ANTI said:

Maverick and Tutt I bet. And that's gonna be an insane battle.

That one in '27 is our next great QB...I'm talking challenging HK for that top spot...and I think he jumps the younger Rowe (who is also talented) eventually. 

Figure sophmore Houston rowe be jv qb next year why jr maverick  rowe battle senior tutt for qb1  24 brother battle for qb1 👀

4 hours ago, WolverBean said:

Figure sophmore Houston rowe be jv qb next year why jr maverick  rowe battle senior tutt for qb1  24 brother battle for qb1 👀

Houston is nice but you haven't seen the '27 stud, have ya? lol

Judson is busting out the seams with talent and thats on top of what Foster and FP put out yearly. Hamilton (the '27 QB) has the capability of playing other positions as well too so keep that in mind.

I guess bottom line is....after this year...it doesn't really matter who takes the snaps for Longview. You're getting a talent regardless.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

You've scored 14 total points against us in 3 years..and shut out twice.

What score do you want? 42-0? 49-0? 58-14?

Well im talking about last year. Which resulted in Unfortunate lopsided loss that was actually just deceit because of the loss of the starting Qb with no developed potential for backup. Actually the backups couldn't run the qb position at all imo,giving extra advantage for the other team by time of possession because u can't sustain drives to keep get 1st downs,score & keep the clock running. That score very deceptive of the type of team JT actually had last season. The blowout losses only came after the injury of the starting Qb with no proper  satisfactory backup plan to get u home. Its Like  having a flat but only having a cooking pan or skillet to use as your tires replacement to drive yourself home. Im not trying to bust Mcfall 's chops.  He was just not developed at all,especially for that type of offense. Maybe if he can be developed and learn spread the ball around difference points of the field, i could see him being better.

• Roll Eyes 1

14 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

See this is whats crazy about yall 07 ,yall actually speak as if Longview still would of had 49 points if Holt would have played. No they wouldn't have scored that many points.  Those high points came only because of the time of possession and opportunity given because of a broke down offense . They can't run the offense that they are built and customed to. If Holt would have played,  JT would have been sustaining drives and putting the ball in endzone or atleast getting more first downs taking away some of the opportunities Longview was able to get by way of the train wreck offense with a mediocre defense to defend it. Playing a team like Longview and giving them the opportunities that come in that type of situation is gonna result in that type of score. People that don't know any better could see that score in the paper and be like " i thought JT would have gave them a better match than that after that good winning streak they went on with all that explosive offense ". Not knowing QB situation where the offense is just unable to function. That's were i can give respect to Longview. u can't beat them with that situation, maybe a weak Sherman team but not a consistent team like Longview,that is allowed to have most of the talent in the city annually. They are usually gonna be the winningest team in east tx because of that. Legacy ,JT will have to rebuild more often than a Longview because the talent is spread out here,but when they are able to build a good team, both Tyler schools usually defeat Longview more often than not. Longview wins usually comes vs weak Tyler teams. Not the good Tyler  teams but the weaker Tyler teams that everyone else is beating,but It is what its, Longview won and u can't take that away. It is what it is. Im just stating the swap of winning percentage during competitive Tyler teams that finish with 8-10 wins on the season. Those teams usually beat Longview more often than longview beat them. In all im still very upset from last year when i really saw the opportunity to beat them and the Qb gets hurt. But hey look yes Longview won big,it was good experience for them and the fans. Now we can only move on to this year,where on Paper Jt is better overall from last season but the Qb position is question mark. The sky can be the limit because of the talent at wr. Though young, the backfield is talented along with defensive secondary,probably the best and most experienced they ever had as far as secondary. Wade at safety with those 2 highly rated  corners (Wow). I look for it be a good season for both teams,i just hope we get to see 2 healthy enough teams on the field when they play each other this season. Oh someone from JT mentioned they want the 2 teams to be undefeated when they play each other. Sorry!!! I don't want Longview beating Legacy. They(Longview) can be a 1 loss team vs undfeated or 1 loss JT. Im a fan of the bigger Tyler teams. Preferably Legacy & JT with Chapel hill secondary to those 2 teams. Legacy will be young on Offense but without the 2 fenom running backs that has just left but with a bigtime QB and good defense. 

• Roll Eyes 1