Texas High v Arkansas High Series Dead

bordertown

1 hour ago, Ace said:

I think I'll add this string of insider knowledge posts  about who chose not to play who to the long list of very questionable "in the know" posts you find on fan forums.  I am really quite skeptical of comments that PG wanted to play TH, but Stanford said no, or TH wanted to play PG, but Gibson said no.  

exactly

Nobody knows exactly IF or WHAT was asked or discussed either way.  This thread was about Texas High-Ark High.    It went off the rails long ago

2 hours ago, Ace said:

I think I'll add this string of insider knowledge posts  about who chose not to play who to the long list of very questionable "in the know" posts you find on fan forums.  I am really quite skeptical of comments that PG wanted to play TH, but Stanford said no, or TH wanted to play PG, but Gibson said no.  

I agree. I would not be surprised that the two schools talked. Texas High had week 2 open due to Arkansas High, but was committed weeks 1, 3, & 4. PG was committed week 2 to a game. I know there have been years Texas High was stuck with 9 games because they could not find a match for the 10th game.

i haven't seen LE's schedule but i was hoping they would put ark high on it.  i like the schools playing each other but i get the schools not wanting to play T-high and T-high not wanting to play them. PG is way up right now but we've seen every school in town go through that. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Am I the only one that thinks home field advantage should be a thing?

It is when you have a Texas school playing a team from Arkansas, Louisiana or Oklahoma. Texas plays NCAA rules and the other three states play Federation rules.

2 hours ago, txk85 said:

i haven't seen LE's schedule but i was hoping they would put ark high on it.  i like the schools playing each other but i get the schools not wanting to play T-high and T-high not wanting to play them. PG is way up right now but we've seen every school in town go through that. 

AHS called LE and they said they wouldn't  play! Then they turn around  and put Paris on their  schedule which is crazy.Paris is a whole lot better than AHS right  now! Paris will beat the brakes off of LE

On 2/6/2022 at 3:33 PM, swaha said:

PG has had no problem hosting teams. It would definitely be tight with T High.  AR High will not play PG. It has nothing to do with seating. When AR High did play at PG they did not have a large crowd. I will add Atlanta always had one of the largest crowds to visit PG. 

No they wont because  Gibson wanted to play Texas rules at both places! Thats a fact i dont care what you think!

6 minutes ago, WhyUMad said:

AHS called LE and they said they wouldn't  play! Then they turn around  and put Paris on their  schedule which is crazy.Paris is a whole lot better than AHS right  now! Paris will beat the brakes off of LE

Agree, Paris is on a different level at this point.   LE should have played Ark instead of Paris.   At least LE would have had a chance against the Hogs.   No chance against the Wildcats.  

3 minutes ago, WhyUMad said:

No they wont because  Gibson wanted to play Texas rules at both places! Thats a fact i dont care what you think!

Why do I read this and get the impression that you are always screaming at people on here. I am not sure what you are arguing. I said AR High will not play PG and it is not because of the lack of seating. The majority of your posts on here have some negative connotation towards PG.

• LOL! 1

43 minutes ago, swaha said:

Why do I read this and get the impression that you are always screaming at people on here. I am not sure what you are arguing. I said AR High will not play PG and it is not because of the lack of seating. The majority of your posts on here have some negative connotation towards PG.

Bingo! Im sorry I hurt your feelings. 

On 2/3/2022 at 8:51 PM, Valhalla said:

If I was Longview I would play the game forever. It’s a win 20 min away. 

You don’t get many 20 min road trips in football for Longview. 

Drop Marshall, pick up Hallsville 😂

• LOL! 1

17 hours ago, WhyUMad said:

they did when they played before wonder why they dont want to now. was BN the a-high coach when they played the first go round or was ledford still there?

11 minutes ago, txk85 said:

they did when they played before wonder why they dont want to now. was BN the a-high coach when they played the first go round or was ledford still there?

I thought it was split. Ledford the first year and Norton the second year. I could be wrong though. I am sure Why You Mad will come and scream the answer at us.

6 hours ago, swaha said:

I thought it was split. Ledford the first year and Norton the second year. I could be wrong though. I am sure Why You Mad will come and scream the answer at us.

I think you are  correct I will try and tone it down sorry about that i apologize .

• Like 1