2022 District 8-5A DIV II Football Thread

Mavchamp

4 minutes ago, ontheinside said:

I think that is a good schedule for Marshall.  Since there is not currently an AD in place who was responsible for making the non-district schedule?  At least the new coach will have that part taken care of when he gets the job.

I would assume either the assistant AD or one of the football coordinators pulled it together.   But I’m not 💯

Griedl might have talked to some folks prior to the alignment to get things rolling.  We got from alignment exactly what most were expecting: same district minus Jax. 

19 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Overall…. I’m pretty happy with our schedule.

Tyler is a 5A Div I school.  They are significantly bigger than us enrollment-wise They should be a favorite to beat us.  But… I think it’s a winnable game for Marshall.  They aren’t a top dog in their district…. but they ARE a consistent  playoff team.   We swept McKinney north and split with New Caney the last two seasons…. So we CAN compete with 5A Div I teams that aren’t in the stratosphere.  Side note:  Tyler High is our OLDEST rival ALL TIME.  Dating back to 1908. 

Longview. It is what it is.  It’s a cash grab. I’d like to think last year’s 14-0 game was a signal that the game could be trending to it being more competitive.   But I’m not so sure. Both teams were struggling with offensive at QB in that game. We changed QBs at halftime of that doesn’t say it all.    I don’t mind losing to Longview if it’s a competitive game that we can say it improved us.  But annual beat downs serve neither a purpose. Here’s to hoping for a good…. Competitive game.  I hope I’m proven wrong.  Otherwise my droning to end it will continue. 

Henderson kinda surprised me.  But considering we have the likes of Tyler, Longview, and Carthage on the docket…. I won’t complain toooooo much. I would have preferred another 5A Div II team.   But this might have been what was available.  Henderson was (4-6) last season and barely beat a Hallsville team (48-47) that we beat handily.  Was hoping for Royse City or renewing with McNorth or New Caney.  BUT…. We CAN NOT overlook Henderson. They are a proud program.   They would LOVE to beat a 5A program. 

Carthage is a great matchup.   Not many 4A teams I’d be excited about….but the Bulldogs are definitely one of them.  They are the flagship program of East Texas.  A close proximity game.  Will be a sellout.  Playing them will make us better.  Win or lose.   Very happy this series didn’t disappear after COVID forced its cancellation.  

——————

One thing that cannot be overlooked in this alignment is that the district immigrated to region II.

Now….. those first round road playoff games for the third and fourth place teams will be MUCH closer to home.  Instead of Huntsville, College Station, Montgomery, and North Houston….. they will be Crandall, Denison, Mesquite, Greenville. Lucas Lovejoy, etc….. huuuuge improvement. 

8 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Overall…. I’m pretty happy with our schedule.

Tyler is a 5A Div I school.  They are significantly bigger than us enrollment-wise They should be a favorite to beat us.  But… I think it’s a winnable game for Marshall.  They aren’t a top dog in their district…. but they ARE a consistent  playoff team.   We swept McKinney north and split with New Caney the last two seasons…. So we CAN compete with 5A Div I teams that aren’t in the stratosphere.  Side note:  Tyler High is our OLDEST rival ALL TIME.  Dating back to 1908. 

Longview. It is what it is.  It’s a cash grab. I’d like to think last year’s 14-0 game was a signal that the game could be trending to it being more competitive.   But I’m not so sure. Both teams were struggling with offensive at QB in that game. We changed QBs at halftime of that doesn’t say it all.    I don’t mind losing to Longview if it’s a competitive game that we can say it improved us.  But annual beat downs serve neither a purpose. Here’s to hoping for a good…. Competitive game.  I hope I’m proven wrong.  Otherwise my droning to end it will continue. 

Henderson kinda surprised me.  But considering we have the likes of Tyler, Longview, and Carthage on the docket…. I won’t complain toooooo much. I would have preferred another 5A Div II team.   But this might have been what was available.  Henderson was (4-6) last season and barely beat a Hallsville team (48-47) that we beat handily.  Was hoping for Royse City or renewing with McNorth or New Caney.  BUT…. We CAN NOT overlook Henderson. They are a proud program.   They would LOVE to beat a 5A program. 

Carthage is a great matchup.   Not many 4A teams I’d be excited about….but the Bulldogs are definitely one of them.  They are the flagship program of East Texas.  A close proximity game.  Will be a sellout.  Playing them will make us better.  Win or lose.   Very happy this series didn’t disappear after COVID forced its cancellation.  

——————

One thing that cannot be overlooked in this alignment is that the district immigrated to region II.

Now….. those first round road playoff games for the third and fourth place teams will be MUCH closer to home.  Instead of Huntsville, College Station, Montgomery, and North Houston….. they will be Crandall, Denison, Mesquite, Greenville. Lucas Lovejoy, etc….. huuuuge improvement. 

Tyler high returns around 80% of their team from this past season. SOLID skill people across the board and oline/dline should be solid with decent size. Definitely will be one of the fastest teams on ET. QB is a question mark still even though we have experience there. I think Marshall will give Tyler a good game and challenge. If Tyler high can get the qb position settled, they will be a serious problem for 7-5A. 

6 hours ago, CUJONATION83 said:

Tyler high returns around 80% of their team from this past season. SOLID skill people across the board and oline/dline should be solid with decent size. Definitely will be one of the fastest teams on ET. QB is a question mark still even though we have experience there. I think Marshall will give Tyler a good game and challenge. If Tyler high can get the qb position settled, they will be a serious problem for 7-5A. 

I think it’s a good game to open the season. 

We will return a chunk of our defense, which was no doubt the strength of our team in 2021. 

Most of our offense will return too, but we will be looking for a leader at QB.  We have 2 guys that both got plenty of playing time in 2021 when our starter went down. One started 4 games.  Also got some PT in the playoffs.  The other played in 3 games.  One is more of a passer. One is more of a runner and was used in wildcat formations.  Will be interesting to see which direction we go… or if we will do both like we did later in 2021.  It seemed effective having him in the wildcat.

Im pleased with the Tyler game. Should be a tough test.  Longview is a killer test.  Carthage is also killer.   Those  three games should give us one of the tougher 5A Div II schedules in the state.  I like that.  

Play the best to become the best.  

• Mavchamp changed the title to 2022 District 8-5A DIV II Football Thread

I already posted my thoughts on our non-district schedule.  Overall...I'm pretty pleased.  When you are working towards bettering the program..... playing Tyler, Longview, and Carthage is certainly the way to go.  Sure...I have my misgivings with the Longview game...but at the end of the day... to be the best... play the best.   I won't beat a dead horse on playing competitive games.

Now....looking at district.....

New coaches, new coaches, new coaches.  Marshall, Mount Pleasant, Nacogdoches, and Pine Tree will all be fielding new head coaches in 2022.  Hallsville and Whitehouse will have coaches in their sophomore seasons at their helms.  Only Texas High brags a (mostly) intact staff from last year.  This could be a great equalizer in a lot of things this season concerning the playoff race.  

Pine Tree-  Marshall is opening district play Vs PT for the third year in a row.  This has turned into a pretty fierce game the last few years.  Marshall jumped out 17-3 and held off the Pirates (17-10) in what ultimately started PT's free-fall last season.  The Pirates were expected to challenge for the district title last season.  Most prognosticators picked PT to finish in the #2 slot behind THS.  That never materialized.  PT beat Marshall in another close game in 2020, ending a LONG losing streak to Marshall.  I really have no idea what to expect from PT in 2022.  The PT of 2020 that was a contender...or the PT we have all come to know the last 20+ seasons.  Either way.... this is a home game and we need to open district with a win.

Hallsville- The Bobcats were on the rise in 2021 no doubt.  But they still had their struggles, too.  Marshall won 48-21 in a game that was still close at halftime, but the Mavs blew open in the third quarter.  Being a road game.... and with the expected officiating we normally see at Bobcat Stadium.... the Mavs will need a stellar game to make sure they don't surrender the upset.  Hallsville will be improved in 2022 I think.  Toss in their garden variety home-cooking officiating and this could be a barnburner.

Mount Pleasant- It seems that MP pulls together a pretty good squad every 4-5 years, and 2021 was one of those seasons.  Depth is always an issue for the Tigers, will it be in 2022?  MP lost 3 games last season either on the final play of the game...or in the final min of the game.  They easily could have been (8-2) last season instead of (5-5).  They lead Marshall 21-7 after three quarters before the Mavs staged an improbable comeback that gave the Red and White a 24-21 win thanks to a FG with 1:03 left in the game.  MP always seems to have offensive fire power.  Shaky defensive play and turnovers are usually their downfall.  It will be interesting to see how much MP can build on what they had going in 2021.  Will they take another step forward...or will it be another step backwards?

Texas High-  Marshall will be headed back to Grimm for the second year in a row.  It's been a house of horrors for the Mavs through the years, where we have gone (1-5) since dropping classification in 2002.  The lone win came in 2018.  Texas High will no doubt be the favorite to repeat as district champions.  Defense always seems to be Texarkana's mojo....no reason to think that will be any different in 2022.  Hopefully the bruises and bumps we take Vs. Tyler, Longview, and Carthage will have us well prepared for this game.

Nacogdoches-  This game puzzles me more than any other TBH.  After Nac's upset win over Marshall in 2020 that ended the Mav's long playoff streak, some declared the Marshall program dead in the water.  Nac was expected to be in district title contention last season, but like PT, that never really materialized.  I expected a smash-mouth game Vs. the Dragons last season....esp with our starting QB on the bench with injury.  But it was a 28-7 win.  Hard to say if 2021 was a step back for the Dragons or was it still a step forward.  They backed into the playoffs in spite of their loss to Marshall....BUT... instead of getting blown out in the first round like they did in 2020 Vs Huntsville.... they played Montgomery fairly close.  Who knows what to expect in 2022 from Nac....  but it will be senior night for Marshall and they will be looking to get into the playoffs on a roll.

Whitehouse-  The home-cookingnest venue in all of East Texas.   This could be a BIG game for the playoffs for both Marshall and Whitehouse.  Hopefully we will have already taken care of business before this game comes down the docket.  Historically... this has usually been a pretty competitive game, but each has also had their fair share of blowout wins over the other as well.  Whitehouse had defensive troubles in 2021.... and lots of issues at QB.  Will they get all that straightened out this season?  From what I understand.....their QB has transferred to another school (IMG?).  Like so many other teams headed into this season...WH is a huge mystery.  They always have athletes.  And their is always their "student section" and complicit fanbase that has earned them a dubious reputation amongst every single school in the district minus Hallsville.  I said what I said.   Big game.  Hoping for the biggest blowout win of the season in this one.  

Season prediction:  (7-3) if we can get the home-opening win over Tyler.  Longview and Carthage will likely be heavy favorites to win.  As will Texas High.

Best case scenario would be (8-2)..... worst (5-5).  But hey...you never know with 17 year olds.  Could be (10-0)..... could be (0-10).  What do we know?

Hallsville Non-district schedule:

Week 1: Terrell
Week 2: Henderson
Week 3: Sulphur Springs
Week 4 will be Kilgore

They will open district Vs. Texas High.  No other details on their schedule was posted yet.

7 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

I already posted my thoughts on our non-district schedule.  Overall...I'm pretty pleased.  When you are working towards bettering the program..... playing Tyler, Longview, and Carthage is certainly the way to go.  Sure...I have my misgivings with the Longview game...but at the end of the day... to be the best... play the best.   I won't beat a dead horse on playing competitive games.

Now....looking at district.....

New coaches, new coaches, new coaches.  Marshall, Mount Pleasant, Nacogdoches, and Pine Tree will all be fielding new head coaches in 2022.  Hallsville and Whitehouse will have coaches in their sophomore seasons at their helms.  Only Texas High brags a (mostly) intact staff from last year.  This could be a great equalizer in a lot of things this season concerning the playoff race.  

Pine Tree-  Marshall is opening district play Vs PT for the third year in a row.  This has turned into a pretty fierce game the last few years.  Marshall jumped out 17-3 and held off the Pirates (17-10) in what ultimately started PT's free-fall last season.  The Pirates were expected to challenge for the district title last season.  Most prognosticators picked PT to finish in the #2 slot behind THS.  That never materialized.  PT beat Marshall in another close game in 2020, ending a LONG losing streak to Marshall.  I really have no idea what to expect from PT in 2022.  The PT of 2020 that was a contender...or the PT we have all come to know the last 20+ seasons.  Either way.... this is a home game and we need to open district with a win.

Hallsville- The Bobcats were on the rise in 2021 no doubt.  But they still had their struggles, too.  Marshall won 48-21 in a game that was still close at halftime, but the Mavs blew open in the third quarter.  Being a road game.... and with the expected officiating we normally see at Bobcat Stadium.... the Mavs will need a stellar game to make sure they don't surrender the upset.  Hallsville will be improved in 2022 I think.  Toss in their garden variety home-cooking officiating and this could be a barnburner.

Mount Pleasant- It seems that MP pulls together a pretty good squad every 4-5 years, and 2021 was one of those seasons.  Depth is always an issue for the Tigers, will it be in 2022?  MP lost 3 games last season either on the final play of the game...or in the final min of the game.  They easily could have been (8-2) last season instead of (5-5).  They lead Marshall 21-7 after three quarters before the Mavs staged an improbable comeback that gave the Red and White a 24-21 win thanks to a FG with 1:03 left in the game.  MP always seems to have offensive fire power.  Shaky defensive play and turnovers are usually their downfall.  It will be interesting to see how much MP can build on what they had going in 2021.  Will they take another step forward...or will it be another step backwards?

Texas High-  Marshall will be headed back to Grimm for the second year in a row.  It's been a house of horrors for the Mavs through the years, where we have gone (1-5) since dropping classification in 2002.  The lone win came in 2018.  Texas High will no doubt be the favorite to repeat as district champions.  Defense always seems to be Texarkana's mojo....no reason to think that will be any different in 2022.  Hopefully the bruises and bumps we take Vs. Tyler, Longview, and Carthage will have us well prepared for this game.

Nacogdoches-  This game puzzles me more than any other TBH.  After Nac's upset win over Marshall in 2020 that ended the Mav's long playoff streak, some declared the Marshall program dead in the water.  Nac was expected to be in district title contention last season, but like PT, that never really materialized.  I expected a smash-mouth game Vs. the Dragons last season....esp with our starting QB on the bench with injury.  But it was a 28-7 win.  Hard to say if 2021 was a step back for the Dragons or was it still a step forward.  They backed into the playoffs in spite of their loss to Marshall....BUT... instead of getting blown out in the first round like they did in 2020 Vs Huntsville.... they played Montgomery fairly close.  Who knows what to expect in 2022 from Nac....  but it will be senior night for Marshall and they will be looking to get into the playoffs on a roll.

Whitehouse-  The home-cookingnest venue in all of East Texas.   This could be a BIG game for the playoffs for both Marshall and Whitehouse.  Hopefully we will have already taken care of business before this game comes down the docket.  Historically... this has usually been a pretty competitive game, but each has also had their fair share of blowout wins over the other as well.  Whitehouse had defensive troubles in 2021.... and lots of issues at QB.  Will they get all that straightened out this season?  From what I understand.....their QB has transferred to another school (IMG?).  Like so many other teams headed into this season...WH is a huge mystery.  They always have athletes.  And their is always their "student section" and complicit fanbase that has earned them a dubious reputation amongst every single school in the district minus Hallsville.  I said what I said.   Big game.  Hoping for the biggest blowout win of the season in this one.  

Season prediction:  (7-3) if we can get the home-opening win over Tyler.  Longview and Carthage will likely be heavy favorites to win.  As will Texas High.

Best case scenario would be (8-2)..... worst (5-5).  But hey...you never know with 17 year olds.  Could be (10-0)..... could be (0-10).  What do we know?

We don’t have a new head coach as of now. 

I think t high pre district schedule will definitely make them better come district / playoffs . wouldn’t be surprised to see       2-2 start , 3-1 maybe. LV has a lot comin back maybe they will hit them in the mouth in the scrimmage and they make a jump but on the road in Frisco week 1 will be tough. 4/5 return on the oline, another who opened the season starting vs Jt and had to end the season stepping up vs Crosby that definitely helps going in to 22. 10 at wr and #1 both come back...qb idk what’ll happen...defense returns 2 on the dline outside of that everyone pretty much gone. Jv and freshman had good seasons but idk about defense being as dominant until maybe another year or 2 .

9 hours ago, RogerDorn said:

I think t high pre district schedule will definitely make them better come district / playoffs . wouldn’t be surprised to see       2-2 start , 3-1 maybe. LV has a lot comin back maybe they will hit them in the mouth in the scrimmage and they make a jump but on the road in Frisco week 1 will be tough. 4/5 return on the oline, another who opened the season starting vs Jt and had to end the season stepping up vs Crosby that definitely helps going in to 22. 10 at wr and #1 both come back...qb idk what’ll happen...defense returns 2 on the dline outside of that everyone pretty much gone. Jv and freshman had good seasons but idk about defense being as dominant until maybe another year or 2 .

They wont have to worry about their district because  it only has two teams that are any good!

MP schedule as of right now.

Good to see Pitt back on the schedule with SS and LE. At least 1 maybe 2 victories there. Frisco Emerson is new to the MP schedule and I can find any history on them. Mav, do you know anything about them? 

Then after a bye week district begins for a Tiger team that will be hungry for another playoff birth.

Screenshot_20220207-223036_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, budmanmpfan said:

MP schedule as of right now.

Good to see Pitt back on the schedule with SS and LE. At least 1 maybe 2 victories there. Frisco Emerson is new to the MP schedule and I can find any history on them. Mav, do you know anything about them? 

Then after a bye week district begins for a Tiger team that will be hungry for another playoff birth.

Screenshot_20220207-223036_Chrome.jpg

No reason MP shouldn't be (4-0) or (3-1) when district starts IMHO. 

LE is the only one that could maybe be a loss.  All the others..... the Tigers should be favorites.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nacdragon07 said:

Nacogdoches non district schedule 

Palestine -home 

Lufkin -Away 

Lumberton -Away 

Chapel Hill -Home 

That's a pretty good schedule.

Palestine was a playoff team... even if they were (5-6).  Should be a W for Nac.
Lufkin is Lufkin.  
Lumberton was (6-5) last season.  Should be a winnable game for Nac.

The Chapel Hill game is BIG.  They were (11-4) last season.... state semi-finalist.  I have no idea what they have coming back.... but CH seems to be more of a reload program than a rebuild program.  Great test for the Dragons headed into district.

Nac fans should be pretty happy with that line-up IMHO.  

Good chance at being a battle-tested (2-2) headed into district.

9 hours ago, budmanmpfan said:

Frisco Emerson is new to the MP schedule and I can find any history on them. Mav, do you know anything about them?

Emerson is the newest high school for Frisco ISD. 2022 will be their first year of varsity football.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, nacdragon07 said:

Nacogdoches non district schedule 

Palestine -home 

Lufkin -Away 

Lumberton -Away 

Chapel Hill -Home 

I am glad to see us playing some different teams!! The Lumberton matchup is interesting to me because the HC was our OC, they should have a good offense. Reyes teams have scored points everywhere he has been. 

I think Chapel hill is returning their skill positions from a team that fell 1 game short of the state title game. 

Good schedule!!

I was able to piece together everyone's schedule except for Pine Tree.  A few locations are missing, but the match-ups are posted.  Still some scrimmages missing.  Enjoy!

Aug 19 (Scrimmages)
Texas High Vs. Longview
Marshall Vs. Tyler Legacy
Mount Pleasant Vs. Greenville
Chapel Hill Vs. Hallsville (Thursday)
Nacogdoches Vs. ????
Pine Tree Vs ????
Whitehouse Vs. ????

Aug 26 
Tyler Vs. Marshall
Palestine Vs. Nacogdoches
North Forney Vs. Whitehouse
Texas High Vs. Lone Star
Mt. Pleasant Vs. Pittsburgh (Loc?)
Hallsville Vs. Terrell (Loc?)
Pine Tree Vs. ?????

Sep 02 
Marshall Vs. Longview
Nacogdoches Vs. Lufkin
Whitehouse Vs. Jacksonville
Texas High Vs. Colleyville Heritage (Neutral Location)
Mt. Pleasant Vs. Sulphur Springs (Loc?)
Hallsville Vs. Henderson (Loc?)
Pine Tree Vs. ?????

Sep 09
Henderson Vs. Marshall
Texas High Vs. Benton
Nacogdoches Vs. Lumberton
Corsicana Vs. Whitehouse
Mt Pleasant Vs. Liberty Eylau (Loc?)
Hallsville Vs. Sulphur Springs (Loc?)
Pine Tree Vs. Kilgore (Loc?)

Sep 16 
Carthage Vs. Marshall
Tyler Legacy Vs. Texas High
Chapel Hill Vs. Nacogdoches
Whitehouse Vs. Henderson
Pine Tree Vs. Jacksonville
Mt. Pleasant Vs. Frisco Emerson (Loc?)
Hallsville Vs. Kilgore (Loc?)

Sep 23 
Pine Tree Vs. Marshall
Hallsville Vs. Texas High
Whitehouse  Vs. Nacogdoches
Mt Pleasant- Bye

Sep 30 
Marshall Vs. Hallsville
Texas High Vs. Mt Pleasant
Pine Tree Vs. Nacogdoches (Loc?)
Whitehouse- Bye

Oct 07 
Mount Pleasant Vs. Marshall
Pine Tree Vs. Whitehouse
Hallsville Vs. Nacogdoches (Loc?)
Texas High- Bye

Oct 14 
Marshall Vs. Texas High
Whitehouse Vs. Hallsville
Mt Pleasant Vs. Nacogdoches (Loc?)
Pine Tree- Bye

Oct 21 
Texas High Vs. Nacogdoches
Mt Pleasant Vs. Whitehouse
Hallsville Vs. Pine Tree (Loc?)
Marshall- Bye

Oct 28
Nacogdoches Vs. Marshall
Whitehouse Vs. Texas High
Mt Pleasant Vs. Pine Tree (Loc?)
Hallsville- Bye

Nov 04 
Texas High Vs. Pine Tree
Marshall Vs. Whitehouse
Mt Pleasant Vs. Hallsville (Loc?)
Nacogdoches- Bye

Couple of observations on the schedules:

1.  Bye Weeks-  Since there's an odd number of teams in the district now.... that means bye weeks for everyone.  MP will have the first one when district starts.  Nac will have the last one before the playoffs.  It's a hotly debated topic in all levels of football.  Should Nac make the playoffs... they will have 2 weeks to get ready for their Bi-district game.  Some love it...especially if your team is beat up.  Some hate it.... because it can throw a team in a rhythm off their game.  

2.  Texas High has their bye before their showdown with Marshall.  Marshall has their's before playing Nac.

3.  Everyone in 8-5A has at least one game Vs. a 4A team except Texas High.  They do play 5A Benton High school from Louisiana.  BHS has an enrollment of 1,267.  If they were in Texas, they would be a 4A program.

4.  Nac, Whitehouse, and Mount Pleasant are all playing at least one school that is class above them; either 5A Div I or 6A.  Texas High and Marshall are playing two; Texarkana with Lone Star and Tyler Legacy and Marshall with Tyler and Longview.       

-----

Week 1:
MP and Pittsburgh will renew their old rivalry.  But Marshall Vs. Tyler is amongst the oldest in the state, dating back to 1908.  In fact.... Marshall Vs. Tyler is one year older than the Marshall/Longview game that dates back to 1909.  It will be the first meeting since 2011.  However....the most interesting game may be Frisco Lone Star Vs. Texas High.  The Rangers were (9-3) last season while Texas High was (12-1).  Should be a good one.

Week 2:
This is a rivalry week of sorts.
Marshall Vs. Longview
Nacogdoches Vs Lufkin
Whitehouse Vs. Jacksonville
Mount Pleasant Vs. Sulphur Springs
Hopefully highly competitive games for all involved.  

Week 3:
Texas High facing (8-4) Benton may be the top billed game this night.  MP will face Liberty Eyalu and Marshall will host Henderson, meeting the Lions for the first time since 2007 before they dropped to 4A (then 3A).  Pine Tree Vs. Kilgore is always a big rivalry game.

Week 4:
Several teams will be hosting some big games this week.  Marshall will host 4A juggernaut Carthage in a battle of Highway 59.  Texas High will host 6A Tyler Legacy in a battle of former district rivals.  Nac will also be hosting state semifinalist Chapel Hill.  Hallsville Vs. Kilgore is always a big game too.

Week 5:
Pine Tree Vs. Marshall has become one of the more entertaining games in the last few years.  They will open district against one another.  Texas High will host Hallsville.  The Tigers always seem to bring out the best in the Bobcats each season.

Week 6:
Marshall will travel to Hallsville in the battle of Harrison County.  THS will be at MP in a battle of I-30.

Week 7:
Hallsville Vs. Nac  and PT Vs. WH will likely have huge playoff implications.  

Week 8:
Texas High will host Marshall in what could be for the district title.  MP Vs. Nac will also be a big game.

Week 9:
Hallsville Vs. Pine Tree is a big rivalry game.

Week 10:
MP Vs. Pine Tree will be a big one.  Nac Vs. Marshall will likely be the game of the night.

Week 11:
Hallsville Vs. MP could be for a playoff berth.  Marshall is at WH, where it's always hard to win.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...