2022 District 8-5A DIV II Football Thread

Mavchamp

Longview --Really interested to see the Longview-Marshall result (Are we going to be surprised??) 

T-High -- Man, another tough one, I don't think they'll drop 2 in a row though.

Lufkin -- Them ole Purple people eaters gonna get this one

Hendo -- Who will choke here?

Lindale -- Just think so

MP -- Battle of the new coaching staffs

The district had a rough night in week two, going (3-4) overall on the night.

Texarkana (1-1) had the most impressive win with their 48-23 win over Colleyville Heritage (1-1).  The game had a ferocious start, but Texas High took control and never looked back for the commanding win.  Coupled with their competitive loss to Lone Star....the Tigers have shown that they are still the top team in the district.

Marshall (1-1) was completely dominated by #1 Longview (2-0) in every facet of the game:  offense, defense, and special teams.  The Mavs committed 4 turnovers in the first half that resulted in 14 Lobo points.  The offense had flashes...but the Lobo defense kept Marshall in check all night long, holding them to 249 total yards on the night.  Penalties continued to be an issue as well.  This may very well be the best team Marshall plays all season.... but the complete domination shows the Mavs have a long way to go.

Mount Pleasant (1-1) struggled to stop Sulphur Springs' offensive attack in a 34-17 loss to the resurgent Wildcats who are (2-0) on the season.  The Tigers seem to be struggling with their offensive identity at the moment, trying to fill in some big shoes left by last year's seniors.  Things get no easier for the Tigers in week 3 as they host (2-0) Liberty Eyalu.  

Nacogdoches (0-2) remained winless after their loss to Lufkin (2-0) in their annual match.  The Dragons have given up 74 points in their two losses.  The Dragons are struggling offensively and it's putting their defense into some difficult situations.  A game against Lumberton may help Nac right the ship...but a loss could signal the beginning of a long season.

Hallsville (2-0) once again lit up the scoreboard.... scoring 49 points against Henderson (0-2).  The Bobcats have scored 93 points in their first two games... picking up where they did last season offensively.  They've also given up 76 points against some suspect offenses.  The Bobcats will likely have their toughest test of the season thus far when they take on Sulphur Springs (2-0) in week 3.  It will be interesting to see if either can manage some defense to escape with a win.

Pine Tree (0-2) is off to an (0-2) and has struggled on both sides of the ball.  Both losses have come at the hands of 4A teams.  The Pirates will face their toughest test of the young season in week 3 as they face off against their old-time rivals from Kilgore. The Bulldogs are (0-2), but have battled tough with early games against #1 Carthage and state powerhouse Gilmer.

Whitehouse (2-0) beat Jacksonville.

41 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

The district had a rough night in week two, going (3-4) overall on the night.

Texarkana (1-1) had the most impressive win with their 48-23 win over Colleyville Heritage (1-1).  The game had a ferocious start, but Texas High took control and never looked back for the commanding win.  Coupled with their competitive loss to Lone Star....the Tigers have shown that they are still the top team in the district.

Marshall (1-1) was completely dominated by #1 Longview (2-0) in every facet of the game:  offense, defense, and special teams.  The Mavs committed 4 turnovers in the first half that resulted in 14 Lobo points.  The offense had flashes...but the Lobo defense kept Marshall in check all night long, holding them to 249 total yards on the night.  Penalties continued to be an issue as well.  This may very well be the best team Marshall plays all season.... but the complete domination shows the Mavs have a long way to go.

Mount Pleasant (1-1) struggled to stop Sulphur Springs' offensive attack in a 34-17 loss to the resurgent Wildcats who are (2-0) on the season.  The Tigers seem to be struggling with their offensive identity at the moment, trying to fill in some big shoes left by last year's seniors.  Things get no easier for the Tigers in week 3 as they host (2-0) Liberty Eyalu.  

Nacogdoches (0-2) remained winless after their loss to Lufkin (2-0) in their annual match.  The Dragons have given up 74 points in their two losses.  The Dragons are struggling offensively and it's putting their defense into some difficult situations.  A game against Lumberton may help Nac right the ship...but a loss could signal the beginning of a long season.

Hallsville (2-0) once again lit up the scoreboard.... scoring 49 points against Henderson (0-2).  The Bobcats have scored 93 points in their first two games... picking up where they did last season offensively.  They've also given up 76 points against some suspect offenses.  The Bobcats will likely have their toughest test of the season thus far when they take on Sulphur Springs (2-0) in week 3.  It will be interesting to see if either can manage some defense to escape with a win.

Pine Tree (0-2) is off to an (0-2) and has struggled on both sides of the ball.  Both losses have come at the hands of 4A teams.  The Pirates will face their toughest test of the young season in week 3 as they face off against their old-time rivals from Kilgore. The Bulldogs are (0-2), but have battled tough with early games against #1 Carthage and state powerhouse Gilmer.

Whitehouse (2-0) beat Jacksonville.

2-0 Whitehouse beat the brakes off Jville and once again put up almost 500 yards of offense. You failed to mention that once again this week. Maybe you should start giving those boys some credit. 

18 minutes ago, Ace1122 said:

2-0 Whitehouse beat the brakes off Jville and once again put up almost 500 yards of offense. You failed to mention that once again this week. Maybe you should start giving those boys some credit. 

Whitehouse beat up on another sub-standard opponent for the second week in a row.

There...happy?

• Like 1
  • LOL! 3

WEEK 3 Games
Sulphur Springs Vs. Hallsville (GAME OF THE WEEK)
Benton (Ark) Vs. Texas High
Nacogdoches Vs. Lumberton
Corsicana Vs. Whitehouse
Pine Tree Vs. Kilgore
Henderson Vs. Marshall
Liberty Eyalu Vs. Mount Pleasant

For the second week in a row I went (5-2)..... for an overall record of (10-4) thus far.  MP let me down Vs. Sulphur Springs... and I won't be picking against Texas High again.

Games for week 3 look a lot tougher.....  should be a fun one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

For the second week in a row I went (5-2)..... for an overall record of (10-4) thus far.  MP let me down Vs. Sulphur Springs... and I won't be picking against Texas High again.

Games for week 3 look a lot tougher.....  should be a fun one.

Keep sleeping on the House

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, mav01 said:

As of right now I have.

1. Texas  High

2. Marshall

3. Hallsville

4. Whitehouse

Hallsville would love nothing more than to take Marshall down and get a home playoff game. Should be a fun rivalry game again. 

If MP and Nac don’t show something this week…. That’s a pretty solid prediction. 

Judging off stats, Hallsville plays zero defense. So they’ll never stop Whitehouse.

Texas High

Marshall

Whitehouse

Hallsville/Nac/MP

Sorry, not sold on Hallsville making the postseason, they have played sub-par opponents but Mav guy failed to mention that too because he likes their student section better. 

So Whitehouse wins 2 games to start the season against teams picked to finish last and 2nd to last in their districts and now the WH fans are here!!

WH/Hallsville could both make the playoffs and Nac/MP have not started the season off the way they would like but these first 4 games mean nothing in determining anything for district finish. 

What in the heck happened to Ennis!! They have scored 12 points total on the season!!Waxahachie and Midlothian that good or Ennis fallen that far?

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Ace1122 said:

Judging off stats, Hallsville plays zero defense. So they’ll never stop Whitehouse.

Texas High

Marshall

Whitehouse

Hallsville/Nac/MP

Sorry, not sold on Hallsville making the postseason, they have played sub-par opponents but Mav guy failed to mention that too because he likes their student section better. 

North Forney 2-8 last year and Jacksonville was 1-9 ....

haven’t seen Hallsville play yet but offense last year wasn’t bad and I think a lot of them returned this year...defense still looks like it is struggling though 

1 hour ago, Ace1122 said:

Texas High

Marshall

Whitehouse

Hallsville/Nac/MP

Cry more. 

I’d point the same thing out to a Hallsville fan if they were on here whining that I’m not showing their team any love. 

And as a side note….. Hallsville doesn’t have the same reputation as Whitehouse.  I’m sorry that hurts your feelings. 

And it’s not just the WH student section… it’s their student section, their athletes, their complicit administration and most of all their SDC posters that try to whitewash the abhorrent behavior. 

I also hate to inform you it’s not just me. It’s every. Single. Fanbase. In. East. Texas.   Anyone that’s in their district confirms this.  Do you know (or care) how MANY times opponents have voiced these concerns on this very forum?  It’s a systemic problem that is being handled complicity.  

Again. I’m sorry that hurts your feelings.  The truth usually does. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

So Whitehouse wins 2 games to start the season against teams picked to finish last and 2nd to last in their districts and now the WH fans are here!!

WH/Hallsville could both make the playoffs and Nac/MP have not started the season off the way they would like but these first 4 games mean nothing in determining anything for district finish. 

What in the heck happened to Ennis!! They have scored 12 points total on the season!!Waxahachie and Midlothian that good or Ennis fallen that far?

I was wondering same thing about Ennis..I think a team from 8-5a will have to meet up with them early in the playoffs  

21 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Cry more. 

I’d point the same thing out to a Hallsville fan if they were on here whining that I’m not showing their team any love. 

And as a side note….. Hallsville doesn’t have the same reputation as Whitehouse.  I’m sorry that hurts your feelings. 

And it’s not just the WH student section… it’s their student section, their athletes, their complicit administration and most of all their SDC posters that try to whitewash the abhorrent behavior. 

I also hate to inform you it’s not just me. It’s every. Singe. Fanbase. In. East. Texas.   Anyone that’s in their district confirms this putrid behavior. 

Again. I’m sorry that hurts your feelings.

At some point could you just talk about sports and stop whining about fans and admin? No one cares. Maybe all that stuff happened in the past, but geez let it go. The kids are what I’m talking about. So judging off stats if your beloved Mavericks don’t learn how to play defense, then they won’t stop Whitehouse either. Schedule is what it is, you beat whoever is in front of your. Pretty good chance they’ll be 4-0 going to Nac first game, which could determine that 3rd or 4th spot. Then I guess we won’t report the details of that game either, just the score. Unless Nac wins, then you get a full page report of how wonderful they are at 1-4.

16 minutes ago, Ace1122 said:

At some point could you just talk about sports and stop whining about fans and admin? No one cares. Maybe all that stuff happened in the past, but geez let it go. The kids are what I’m talking about. So judging off stats if your beloved Mavericks don’t learn how to play defense, then they won’t stop Whitehouse either. Schedule is what it is, you beat whoever is in front of your. Pretty good chance they’ll be 4-0 going to Nac first game, which could determine that 3rd or 4th spot. Then I guess we won’t report the details of that game either, just the score. Unless Nac wins, then you get a full page report of how wonderful they are at 1-4.

We KNOW Whitehouse don’t care. That’s why it’s continually pointed out.   

in the past………you mean waayyyy back to this past season…???

As far as my beloved Mavericks…. I would love to see what the scores would have been if Whitehouse had our schedule instead of playing the Texas School of the Blind weekly.

if you want a Whitehouse write up so bad… do it yourself. Because I’m telling you I WILL NOT. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Ace1122 said:

Thing is,  we do ALL care.  Being complicit as adults, is teaching ALL of your students how to behave when they are adults. I've seen this behavior at all sporting events that WH is involved.  So until that school district does better,  the bad taste and the bad feelings will remain. What I wish,  is another playoff game at Lobo Stadium, against my Lobos. This year especially, would be great! Stay classy WH!

• Like 1
  • Love 3

47 minutes ago, Ace1122 said:

Pretty good chance they’ll be 4-0 going to Nac first game, which could determine that 3rd or 4th spot. Then I guess we won’t report the details of that game either, just the score. Unless Nac wins, then you get a full page report of how wonderful they are at 1-4.

Question is if Whitehouse comes to Nac and catches an L, will we see you the rest of the year. The rest of us are here win, lose or draw, but WH fans only show up after they have won a few games. 

We may not see you after this Friday against Corsicana. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

Question is if Whitehouse comes to Nac and catches an L, will we see you the rest of the year. The rest of us are here win, lose or draw, but WH fans only show up after they have won a few games. 

We may not see you after this Friday against Corsicana. 

And he claims he’s new to Whitehouse. 

Which… if true… It’s weird he’s whitewashing what we’ve all experienced with their fanbase.  Continuing the complicity. 

My guess he’s a lifer from WH and he secretly loves the reputation they have.  

My parents lived in Whitehouse for the start of the McFarland era before moving to Longview after Mahomes senior year. I went to a few of those games when visiting them before I moved back to Nac, when they first started winning games, and didn't hear much on the home side. After I moved to Nac around 2012 is when I first started witnessing first hand the actions of the student section and the home side antics.  

I noticed a lot during Volleyball especially from the student section. One parent specifically called one of our assistant principle an idiot loud enough for the entire gym to hear it during a match where he hit the wrong button on the scoreboard, as he was resetting the scoreboard she yelled "your an idiot". He walked up to her section in between matches and stoood next to her and she packed her stuff up and left. 

Players from our teams talk about what they hear and see on the field during the games.

9 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

My parents lived in Whitehouse for the start of the McFarland era before moving to Longview after Mahomes senior year. I went to a few of those games when visiting them before I moved back to Nac, when they first started winning games, and didn't hear much on the home side. After I moved to Nac around 2012 is when I first started witnessing first hand the actions of the student section and the home side antics.  

I noticed a lot during Volleyball especially from the student section. One parent specifically called one of our assistant principle an idiot loud enough for the entire gym to hear it during a match where he hit the wrong button on the scoreboard, as he was resetting the scoreboard she yelled "your an idiot". He walked up to her section in between matches and stoood next to her and she packed her stuff up and left. 

Players from our teams talk about what they hear and see on the field during the games.

Try a WH home basketball game. It’s like a klan rally.   The chants. The signs.  Crazy crazy stuff.