2022 District 8-5A DIV II Football Thread

Mavchamp

1 minute ago, Mavchamp said:

Try a WH home basketball game. It’s like a klan rally.   The chants. The signs.  Crazy crazy stuff. 

lol

I haven't been to a WH home game, only playoff games played in Nac. I think it was this last year the playoff double header played in Nac with WH vs Hallsville and Marshall vs Huntsville.

13 hours ago, mav01 said:

As of right now I have.

1. Texas  High

2. Marshall

3. Hallsville

4. Whitehouse

Hallsville would love nothing more than to take Marshall down and get a home playoff game. Should be a fun rivalry game again. 

I still have T High, Hallsville & Marshall in any order 1-3. As far as 4-7 it's MP, Nac, PT &. WH in any order but still feel WH comes in at the 5 spot just missing the playoffs. WH has too many obstacles to overcome this season.

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

Which… if true… It’s weird he’s whitewashing what we’ve all experienced with their fanbase.  Continuing the complicity. 

That’s how quick they turn you there I guess lol… Garbage fan base. It’s sad really. Grown adults acting that way. The bubble life is in full effect over there. Those kids wouldn’t last 2 days in the halls of Lufkin high school. Charmin soft lol 

1 hour ago, LufkinPack said:

That’s how quick they turn you there I guess lol… Garbage fan base. It’s sad really. Grown adults acting that way. The bubble life is in full effect over there. Those kids wouldn’t last 2 days in the halls of Lufkin high school. Charmin soft lol 

Exactly!

And the fact that EVERY 5A school in East Texas is a minority school except WH and Hallsville is hysterical to me.

I know Longview, Pine Tree, and Marshall have had some similar past issues with Hallsville through the years too. But at least Hallsville administration makes an effort to squash it. It definitely seems like it’s not systemically poisoned like WH. 

I got accused of “acting black” once over in the political forum. Don’t even know what that means.  But anyone that knows me knows I’m white as wonder breadS.  Lmao. 

Anyone that wants to give poor picked on Whitehouse their deserved coverage is more the Welcome to post it.  I’m under zero obligation to do so. 

• LOL! 1
  • Grumpy 1

1 hour ago, OnTheClock said:

I still have T High, Hallsville & Marshall in any order 1-3. As far as 4-7 it's MP, Nac, PT &. WH in any order but still feel WH comes in at the 5 spot just missing the playoffs. WH has too many obstacles to overcome this season.

Hallsville may have the best offense in the district. But their defense has got to be worrisome. They are giving up HUGE points to BAD teams. 

Good teams are going to be able to keep that offense on the sidelines while they drag that defense up and down the field.

I agree the Bobcats are looking like a playoff team. Especially if Nac and MP continue to have their issues.

But not ready to say they are competing for the district title just yet. 

I am rooting for Hallsville to be good, I like the school and the community is always very friendly when we have been there for games. I am just not sold yet on them jumping from 5th place to district title contender based on the games vs Terrell and Henderson. Their offense has been good so far, but their defense has not.

I could start thinking they are playoff team if they win their next 2 games. Sulphur Springs and Kilgore are not Terrell and Henderson for sure, but we still don't know what they are as of yet. Kilgore had a juggernaut schedule to start the season with Carthage and Gilmer, SS played a very poor looking Jacksonville team and surprised me with a convincing win over MP.  Texas High and Marshall await the first two games in District, that's where we will get an idea of what Hallsville is.   Hallsville will not sneak up on anyone this season. District teams will be ready for their offense, and they cant score if teams keep their defense on the field. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

I am rooting for Hallsville to be good, I like the school and the community is always very friendly when we have been there for games. I am just not sold yet on them jumping from 5th place to district title contender based on the games vs Terrell and Henderson. Their offense has been good so far, but their defense has not.

I could start thinking they are playoff team if they win their next 2 games. Sulphur Springs and Kilgore are not Terrell and Henderson for sure, but we still don't know what they are as of yet. Kilgore had a juggernaut schedule to start the season with Carthage and Gilmer, SS played a very poor looking Jacksonville team and surprised me with a convincing win over MP.  Texas High and Marshall await the first two games in District, that's where we will get an idea of what Hallsville is.   Hallsville will not sneak up on anyone this season. District teams will be ready for their offense, and they cant score if teams keep their defense on the field. 

Agree 💯 

7 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Exactly!

And the fact that EVERY 5A school in East Texas is a minority school except WH and Hallsville is hysterical to me.

I know Longview, Pine Tree, and Marshall have had some similar past issues with Hallsville through the years too. But at least Hallsville administration makes an effort to squash it. It definitely seems like it’s not systemically poisoned like WH. 

I got accused of “acting black” once over in the political forum. Don’t even know what that means.  But anyone that knows me knows I’m white as wonder breadS.  Lmao. 

Anyone that wants to give poor picked on Whitehouse their deserved coverage is more the Welcome to post it.  I’m under zero obligation to do so. 

As a moderator shouldn't you cover everyone?  A topic post of Disrtrict 8-5A Div II Football should include all of the teams.  Yes, I am from Whitehouse and am not sure what you are talking about as far as our football team goes.  They are hard working kids and deserve coverage of their games.  I would like to know specifics about what the current kids have done.  Every school has certain "fans" that give the school a bad name, but I don't think it is fair to judge a new team based on the past when McFarlin and Mahomes were there.  We have a new coach and a new AD and things are different.  

47 minutes ago, USA2024 said:

As a moderator shouldn't you cover everyone?  A topic post of Disrtrict 8-5A Div II Football should include all of the teams.  Yes, I am from Whitehouse and am not sure what you are talking about as far as our football team goes.  They are hard working kids and deserve coverage of their games.  I would like to know specifics about what the current kids have done.  Every school has certain "fans" that give the school a bad name, but I don't think it is fair to judge a new team based on the past when McFarlin and Mahomes were there.  We have a new coach and a new AD and things are different.  

I honestly DO hope things change.  We'll know in short order when district play starts.  Word travels fast.

Things hadn't changed last winter at their basketball games.  I witnessed that first hand. 

I didn't witness it...but heard there were some instances at some of their baseball games this past spring.

I'd love to see a new WH...... but you have to understand.....  those of us in 8-5A have almost 20 years (or more) of being primed to feel how we feel.  That's doesn't go away because someone says pretty please.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, USA2024 said:

As a moderator shouldn't you cover everyone?  A topic post of Disrtrict 8-5A Div II Football should include all of the teams.  Yes, I am from Whitehouse and am not sure what you are talking about as far as our football team goes.  They are hard working kids and deserve coverage of their games.

You're more than welcome to post your own coverage of your own team if you don't think someone is giving them enough coverage. It shouldn't fall on a Marshall fan of all things to cover anyone other than his Mavs.

• Like 6

WEEK THREE- WHO YOU GOT?
Sulphur Springs Vs. Hallsville (Game of the Week)
Benton (La) Vs. Texas High
Nacogdoches Vs. Lumberton
Corsicana Vs. Whitehouse
Pine Tree Vs. Kilgore
Henderson Vs. Marshall
Liberty Eyalu Vs. Mount Pleasant

13 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

WEEK THREE- WHO YOU GOT?
Sulphur Springs Vs. Hallsville (Game of the Week)
Benton (Ark) Vs. Texas High
Nacogdoches Vs. Lumberton
Corsicana Vs. Whitehouse
Pine Tree Vs. Kilgore
Henderson Vs. Marshall
Liberty Eyalu Vs. Mount Pleasant

Sulphur Springs at Hallsville - Both teams are much improved from a year ago. Going with the Bobcats pulling away in the 2nd half.

Texas High at Benton, LA - Two tigers meeting up, going with T High in a blow out.

Nacogdoches at Lumberton - Know nothing about Lumberton other than they're 1-1. Going with the Dragons in a very close one.

Corsicana at Whitehouse - Going with Whitehouse in a high scoring game.

Pine Tree at Kilgore - Kilgore lights up the Pirates.

Henderson at Marshall - Marshall in a blow out

Liberty-Eylau at Mount Pleasant - Pulling for the Tigers, but LE gets the W.

Sulphur Springs Vs. Hallsville (Game of the Week)- I keep going back and forth on this on in my head.  Hallsville probably has the best offense in the district.  But their defense is giving up a crazy amount of points.  SS is (2-0) but one win was against a terrible Jax team and another was against a suspect MP team.  Neither winning would really surprise me.  The question is..... can SS's offense keep up with Hallsville's?  Who has the better defense?  For now... I'm going to take Sulphur Springs..... but I may change my mind by Friday.

Benton (Ark) Vs. Texas High-  As if taking Lone Star down to the wire in the season opener wasn't enough.... The Tigers followed it up with a dominating win over a pretty good Colleyville Heritage team.  The Tigers definately look the part of a two-time defending district champion.  This game will likely be U G L Y..... Tigers will have this game wrapped up by halftime.  

Nacogdoches Vs. Lumberton-  IMHO...the Dragons have been the most under-performing team in the district.  The loss to Lufkin wasn't that shocking... but the loss to Palestine is glaring.  Especially after the Wildcats got hammered last Friday by Jasper.  Now they face Lumberton...on the road.  Nac seems to be struggling on both sides of the ball and that spells trouble for the Dragons.  I'm going to take Lumberton for the home win.

Corsicana Vs. Whitehouse-  Corsicana.

Pine Tree Vs. Kilgore-   Kilgore is a very deceiving (0-2) with their losses to Carthage and Gilmer.  Last week's game Vs. the Bucks was much closer than most thought it would be.  The Bulldogs are looking like a team that is ready to explode.  Meanwhile Pine Tree is yet to play a 5A team... and they haven't looked good in either game.  Kilgore takes this one.

Henderson Vs. Marshall-   Marshall is going to have to shake off a dominating loss to Longview.  As ugly as it was.... the Mavs had a few bright spots.  The Mavs were able to run the ball fairly well against a very good Lobo defense.  Bad news....the passing game struggled mightily.  The Mav defense did an OK job neutralizing Jalen Hale...but Longview just had too many weapons to cover them all.  Pentalties and turnovers have been issues in both games.  Having (0-2) Henderson sandwiched between #1 Longview and #1 Carthage is a good thing.  Mavs SHOULD right the ship this week easily.  

Liberty Eyalu Vs. Mount Pleasant-  The Tigers are puzzling to me.  They were far from perfect Vs. Pittsburg, but got the tough win.  Then they laid an egg in Sulphur Springs last week.  Liberty Eylau is one of the top program in East Texas.    Tigers seem to be struggling with consistency on offense... which if bad news when you play a team like LE who likes to hold onto the ball and grind the clock down.  I want to take the Tigers....but it sounds like Liberty Eylau is the best pick.

16 hours ago, USA2024 said:

I was not referring to me seeing that during the McFarland/Mahomes time frame I was saying it has been noticed since then. I too witnessed it first hand when WH travels to other district schools from both the student section and the parents sitting in the stands. This is has been noticed in multiple sports basketball(both men and women's), volleyball and football. I have not noticed baseball or softball so I cant speak on that. 

It is up to the new coach and the new AD to fix it not for everyone else to suddenly give them a pass until it happens again. 

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, Ace said:

Mavchamp, I think LoboFan07 picked up on the minor error, but Texas High's opponent this week is Benton, La. rather than Benton, Ark.  

he did!   Just means a bigger blowout by the Tigers! 

3 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Sulphur Springs Vs. Hallsville (Game of the Week)- I keep going back and forth on this on in my head.  Hallsville probably has the best offense in the district.  But their defense is giving up a crazy amount of points.  SS is (2-0) but one win was against a terrible Jax team and another was against a suspect MP team.  Neither winning would really surprise me.  The question is..... can SS's offense keep up with Hallsville's?  Who has the better defense?  For now... I'm going to take Sulphur Springs..... but I may change my mind by Friday.

Benton (Ark) Vs. Texas High-  As if taking Lone Star down to the wire in the season opener wasn't enough.... The Tigers followed it up with a dominating win over a pretty good Colleyville Heritage team.  The Tigers definately look the part of a two-time defending district champion.  This game will likely be U G L Y..... Tigers will have this game wrapped up by halftime.  

Nacogdoches Vs. Lumberton-  IMHO...the Dragons have been the most under-performing team in the district.  The loss to Lufkin wasn't that shocking... but the loss to Palestine is glaring.  Especially after the Wildcats got hammered last Friday by Jasper.  Now they face Lumberton...on the road.  Nac seems to be struggling on both sides of the ball and that spells trouble for the Dragons.  I'm going to take Lumberton for the home win.

Corsicana Vs. Whitehouse-  Corsicana.

Pine Tree Vs. Kilgore-   Kilgore is a very deceiving (0-2) with their losses to Carthage and Gilmer.  Last week's game Vs. the Bucks was much closer than most thought it would be.  The Bulldogs are looking like a team that is ready to explode.  Meanwhile Pine Tree is yet to play a 5A team... and they haven't looked good in either game.  Kilgore takes this one.

Henderson Vs. Marshall-   Marshall is going to have to shake off a dominating loss to Longview.  As ugly as it was.... the Mavs had a few bright spots.  The Mavs were able to run the ball fairly well against a very good Lobo defense.  Bad news....the passing game struggled mightily.  The Mav defense did an OK job neutralizing Jalen Hale...but Longview just had too many weapons to cover them all.  Pentalties and turnovers have been issues in both games.  Having (0-2) Henderson sandwiched between #1 Longview and #1 Carthage is a good thing.  Mavs SHOULD right the ship this week easily.  

Liberty Eyalu Vs. Mount Pleasant-  The Tigers are puzzling to me.  They were far from perfect Vs. Pittsburg, but got the tough win.  Then they laid an egg in Sulphur Springs last week.  Liberty Eylau is one of the top program in East Texas.    Tigers seem to be struggling with consistency on offense... which if bad news when you play a team like LE who likes to hold onto the ball and grind the clock down.  I want to take the Tigers....but it sounds like Liberty Eylau is the best pick.

I agree with every pick except the Nac Lumberton game. I believe Nac rights the ship and beats Lumberton.

2 hours ago, nacdragon07 said:

I agree with every pick except the Nac Lumberton game. I believe Nac rights the ship and beats Lumberton.

I don't care if it is by 1pt or 50pts, I want to see Nac. win a Non-District game and play a complete game. 

• Like 1