2022 District 8-5A DIV II Football Thread

Mavchamp

3 minutes ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

The school that THS is playing is C. E. Byrd High School located in Benton Louisiana.  That is the same school that beat the brakes off of Pleasant Grove last Friday.

Incorrect. You're playing Benton, LA. Byrd is in Shreveport. They're in the same district though.

https://www.maxpreps.com/la/benton/benton-tigers/football/schedule/

Byrd is playing at Shreveport Huntington.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Incorrect. You're playing Benton, LA. Byrd is in Shreveport. They're in the same district though.

9 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Cool, I stand corrected!  If I am this incorrect, then I hope that I can find my way to their stadium!  Louisiana is like a foreign country to me!

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

Cool, I stand corrected!  If I am this incorrect, then I hope that I can find my way to their stadium!  Louisiana is like a foreign country to me!

Dog your space ship's GPS must be fried.   The gov't is keeping up with those UFOs now.

23 hours ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

Better get there early went by stadium today and it is really small! Not much bigger than LE or PG stadium.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nacwagons said:

This could be word for word from people on this board!!

And like some on this board......... totally choose to ignore it or deny it happens.  Or even worse...defend it.

WEEK 3 SCORES
Texas High beat Benton (La) 46-35
Marshall beat Henderson 44-7
Lumberton beat Nacogdoches 52-6
Hallsville beat Sulphur Springs 34-21
Kilgore beat Pine Tree 20-14
Liberty Eylau beat Mount Pleasant 14-12
Whitehouse beat Corsicana 48-17

Texas High unexpectedly found themselves in a dog fight Friday night in NWLA.  Texarkana jumped out to a 21-7 lead, but Benton was pesky and kept themselves in the game pulling within 27-21.  It was then 33-28 Texas High before they finally put it away for the final of 46-35.

Marshall scored early and often in their game Vs. Henderson, jumping out to a 30-0 lead as they coasted to a 44-7 win.  The Mavs piled up 470 yards of total offense, while holding Henderson to 160.

Nacogdoches continues to have offensive woes this season; Their defense had a rough night on the road in week 3 Vs. Lumberton.  The loss drops the Dragons to (0-3) on the season.

Hallsville's offensive explosion continued for the third week in a row as they improved to (3-0) on the season with their win over Sulphur Springs.

Pine Tree gave Kilgore a closer game than many expected....but the Pirate offense continues to have trouble finding consistency.  They are (0-3)

Mount Pleasant's offense has struggled thus far this season as well. 

Whitehouse beat Corsicana

Week 4
Carthage (3-0) Vs. Marshall (2-1)
Hallsville (3-0) Vs. Kilgore (1-2)
Chapel Hill (1-2) Vs. Nacogdoches (0-3)
Whitehouse (3-0) Vs. Henderson (0-3)
Mount Pleasant (1-2) Vs. Frisco Emerson (3-0)
Tyler Legacy (0-3) Vs. Texas High (2-1)
Jacksonville (0-3) Vs. Pine Tree (0-3)

Carthage. Im really hoping the Mavs can play them tough and keep it close. I can see an upset being possible but the Dawgs are too good to pick against right now.

Hallsville. They seem to be rolling along pretty good right now and Kilgore just struggled against Pine Tree.

Chapel Hill. The Dragons are having issues on both sides of the ball.

Whitehouse. Henderson is banged up right now and didnt show much against Marshall.

Emerson. Dont know much about them but MP is still trying to figure things out.

Texas High. Legacy is just....not good.

Pine Tree. The Pirates get their first win after playing Kilgore tough.

Carthage. Proven over time, just better. 

Hallsville. Score a ton, timely stops. Their recipe for success, has worked well. For now. 

Chapel Hill. Nac is a pretty miserable athletic program. 

WH. Same as Hallsville. 

Emerson.  They’ve won against better competition than MP has lost too. 

T-High. Legacy is rock solid trash. 

J-Ville. Scary with their athletes. PT seems lost. 

Obviously things can change once district actually starts.....but based on what we've seen in the first three weeks.....have your predictions changed?

Mine have....at least tentatively

Texas High
Marshall
Whitehouse
Hallsville
Mount Pleasant
Nacogdoches
Pine Tree

MP and Nac have struggled out of the gate.....so maybe they aren't as solid as I thought for the playoffs.  Hallsville and WH haven't had a tough test yet....but they are scoring in bushels.  WH seems to playing better defense than the Bobcats.  Pine Tree is struggling as well.

• Like 1