2022 District 8-5A DIV II Football Thread

Mavchamp

15 hours ago, RogerDorn said:

idk about Nac at the beginning of the season I thought they would pushing for a playoff spot...would like to see Texas High come out and play well... after being off they got all they wanted from Marshall , I think it could benefit both teams goin forward the way it played out. 

Does Nacogdoches livestream games? Not sure if Txk will make the trip 

Yes on youtube no commentary or scoreboard just the video of the game

• Like 1

DISTRICT 8-5A DIVISION II
TEAM DISTRICT OVERALL PF PA
TEXAS HIGH 4-0 7-1 333 212
WHITEHOUSE 3-1 7-1 362 217
HALLSVILLE 3-2 6-3 355 355
MARSHALL 2-2 4-4 239 223
MT PLEASANT 1-3 2-6 161 242
PINE TREE 1-3 1-7 153 257
NACOGDOCHES 1-4 1-8 159 357
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, collincountyfootball1 said:

I had my eyes on that Nac/THigh game. A little shake up is always fun!

Almost had two. 
PT blew it.

Hallsville has scored from behind in the final seconds of two district games now. 

:34 left Vs Marshall and :04 Vs Pine Tree.  Crazy. 

10 hours ago, Mavchamp said:
DISTRICT 8-5A DIVISION II
TEAM DISTRICT OVERALL PF PA
TEXAS HIGH 4-0 7-1 333 212
WHITEHOUSE 3-1 7-1 362 217
HALLSVILLE 3-2 6-3 355 355
MARSHALL 2-2 4-4 239 223
MT PLEASANT 1-3 2-7 161 242
PINE TREE 1-3 1-7 153 257
NACOGDOCHES 1-4 1-8 159 357

Yup, this one is done. Congratulations to the playoff teams. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomlandry said:

Yup, this one is done. Congratulations to the playoff teams. 

I think Marshall needs one more win to clinch.  Which obviously Nac isn’t an easy out per the WH and THS games.  

Going to come down to the WH game for a possible home playoff game.   

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

I think Marshall needs one more win to clinch.  Which obviously Nac isn’t an easy out per the WH and THS games.  

Going to come down to the WH game for a possible home playoff game.   

I think the only way Marshall doesn't make it is a crazy scenario where they lose out and end in a tie with Nac/PT/MP.

I think in this scenario it would take Nac winning by like 40 for them to be in trouble since Marshall has large points over PT and MP and they both have large points over Nac. PT/MP play each other this week 

PT has MP and TH left 

MP has PT and Hallsville left

Marshall is +29 over both MP and PT

MP is +32 over Nac and -29 to Marshall

PT is +35 over Nac and - 29 to Marshall

So Nac would have to win by like 36 over Marshall to go, winning by 30-35 would send either PT/MP depending on who wins this week and assuming they both lose the last week and Marshall loses to WH. 

I would say the top 4 is pretty much set just a matter of seeding. I don't see any of the stuff I just typed happening.  

3 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

I think the only way Marshall doesn't make it is a crazy scenario where they lose out and end in a tie with Nac/PT/MP.

I think in this scenario it would take Nac winning by like 40 for them to be in trouble since Marshall has large points over PT and MP and they both have large points over Nac. PT/MP play each other this week 

PT has MP and TH left 

So Nac would have to win by like 36 over Marshall to go, winning by 30-35 would send either PT/MP depending on who wins this week and assuming they both lose the last week and Marshall loses to WH. 

I would say the top 4 is pretty much set just a matter of seeding. I don't see any of the stuff I just typed happening.  

I was also not predicting anything there is still so much that can happen with all these teams within 2 games of each other and 2 games left in district play. The only thing I am sure of is Nac is not making the playoffs!! Everyone else is still alive at least for this week. Loser of MP/PT will be eliminated and depending on what Marshall they both maybe anyway.

9 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

PT has MP and TH left 

What about Hallsville? They have one game left and it is against MP.

If and I mean if MP beats both PT and Hallsville then they would get in over Hallsville. 

They would be tied at 3-3 with MP having head to head tiebreaker. 

Is this still a possibility or am I mistaken?

10 hours ago, budmanmpfan said:

What about Hallsville? They have one game left and it is against MP.

If and I mean if MP beats both PT and Hallsville then they would get in over Hallsville. 

They would be tied at 3-3 with MP having head to head tiebreaker. 

Is this still a possibility or am I mistaken?

There a few scenarios still alive with 5 teams within 2 games of each other with 2 left to play.

Melissa (5-0) (6-2)
Lovejoy (5-0) (6-2)
Crandall (3-2) (6-2)
Poteet (2-3) (2-6)
Terrell (2-3) (3-5)
Denison (2-3) (4-4)
Greenville (1-4) (2-6)
Princeton (0-5) (1-7)

Remaining Games:
Melissa: Princeton, Lovejoy
Lovejoy: Greenville, Melissa
Crandall: Denison, Princeton
Poteet: Terrell, Denison
Terrell: Poteet, Greenville
Denison: Crandall, Poteet
Greenville: Lovejoy, Terrell
Princeton: Melissa, Crandall

There's still a lot to be determined in 7-5A.  Melissa and Lovejoy are headed to a clash for the district title in the regular season finale.  Crandall has sole possession of third place with a game lead over Poteet, Terrell, and Denison.

Anyone's guess who could end up in fourth.  Could be Poteet, Terrell, or Denison.  Terrell has the easiest schedule remaining with Greenville left on their schedule.

--------

Texas High (4-0) (7-1)
Whitehouse (3-1) (7-1)
Hallsville (3-2) (6-3)
Marshall (4-4) (2-2)
Mt Pleasant (1-3) (2-6)
Pine Tree (1-3) (1-7)
Nacogdoches (1-3) (1-7)

Barring some upsets....it appears the 4 playoff teams have been determined in 8-5A in Texas High, Whitehouse, Hallsville, and Marshall.  There are some scenarios that could get other in...but it would require some big upsets and some point differential requirements.  

But there are still some work to do in the district.  A showdown for the district title has been set between Texas High and Whitehouse this week.  The winner gets the inside track to the title.  Hallsville and Marshall are both still looking to steal the #2 seed from WH to secure a home playoff game.

There are still a lot of things to determine....and upsets that could happen to shake things up.....

PLAYOFF PROJECTIONS:
Winner of Poteet/Terrell game Vs. Winner AT Texas High Vs. Whitehouse winner
Crandall Vs. Texas High AT Texas High Vs. Whitehouse loser
Hallsville Vs. Melissa AT Lovejoy Vs. Melissa loser
Marshall Vs. Melissa AT Lovejoy Vs. Melissa winner

On 10/23/2022 at 3:12 PM, Mavchamp said:

Melissa (5-0) (6-2)
Lovejoy (5-0) (6-2)
Crandall (3-2) (6-2)
Poteet (2-3) (2-6)
Terrell (2-3) (3-5)
Denison (2-3) (4-4)
Greenville (1-4) (2-6)
Princeton (0-5) (1-7)

Remaining Games:
Melissa: Princeton, Lovejoy
Lovejoy: Greenville, Melissa
Crandall: Denison, Princeton
Poteet: Terrell, Denison
Terrell: Poteet, Greenville
Denison: Crandall, Poteet
Greenville: Lovejoy, Terrell
Princeton: Melissa, Crandall

There's still a lot to be determined in 7-5A.  Melissa and Lovejoy are headed to a clash for the district title in the regular season finale.  Crandall has sole possession of third place with a game lead over Poteet, Terrell, and Denison.

Anyone's guess who could end up in fourth.  Could be Poteet, Terrell, or Denison.  Terrell has the easiest schedule remaining with Greenville left on their schedule.

--------

Texas High (4-0) (7-1)
Whitehouse (3-1) (7-1)
Hallsville (3-2) (6-3)
Marshall (4-4) (2-2)
Mt Pleasant (1-3) (2-6)
Pine Tree (1-3) (1-7)
Nacogdoches (1-3) (1-7)

Barring some upsets....it appears the 4 playoff teams have been determined in 8-5A in Texas High, Whitehouse, Hallsville, and Marshall.  There are some scenarios that could get other in...but it would require some big upsets and some point differential requirements.  

But there are still some work to do in the district.  A showdown for the district title has been set between Texas High and Whitehouse this week.  The winner gets the inside track to the title.  Hallsville and Marshall are both still looking to steal the #2 seed from WH to secure a home playoff game.

There are still a lot of things to determine....and upsets that could happen to shake things up.....

PLAYOFF PROJECTIONS:
Winner of Poteet/Terrell game Vs. Winner AT Texas High Vs. Whitehouse winner
Crandall Vs. Texas High AT Texas High Vs. Whitehouse loser
Hallsville Vs. Melissa AT Lovejoy Vs. Melissa loser
Marshall Vs. Melissa AT Lovejoy Vs. Melissa winner

like mentioned most of the playoff teams that are listed have struggled playing defense this year....2-2 imo could be 3-1 . Crandall/Terrell on the road to either Texas High or Whitehouse are both winnable games . If marshall falls to 3rd I think they matchup pretty well .. Melissa offense is good but idk outside looking in...d line is pretty small and for a team that can run the ball could cause problems Lovejoy / Hallsville could come down to who has the ball last....couple good games left in district before anything is for sure though . 

31 minutes ago, RogerDorn said:

like mentioned most of the playoff teams that are listed have struggled playing defense this year....2-2 imo could be 3-1 . Crandall/Terrell on the road to either Texas High or Whitehouse are both winnable games . If marshall falls to 3rd I think they matchup pretty well .. Melissa offense is good but idk outside looking in...d line is pretty small and for a team that can run the ball could cause problems Lovejoy / Hallsville could come down to who has the ball last....couple good games left in district before anything is for sure though . 

I personally think that Texas High as the #1 seed is the only one that will win a matchup with district 7-5A. Lovejoy, Melissa and Crandall all are very good football teams. Terrell, Denison and Poteet all have given up a lot of points and/or been blown out by the top 3 in that district. Crandall has given up 273 points but 165 of that was in 3 games vs 5-D1 Forney, Melissa and Lovejoy. I said in a previous post this may be Crandall's best team ever and they are going to finish 3rd in that district. This team has some leftover pieces from a 2019-2020 run where they went 3 rounds deep before losing to eventual state champions Carthage. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

I personally think that Texas High as the #1 seed is the only one that will win a matchup with district 7-5A. Lovejoy, Melissa and Crandall all are very good football teams. Terrell, Denison and Poteet all have given up a lot of points and/or been blown out by the top 3 in that district. Crandall has given up 273 points but 165 of that was in 3 games vs 5-D1 Forney, Melissa and Lovejoy. I said in a previous post this may be Crandall's best team ever and they are going to finish 3rd in that district. This team has some leftover pieces from a 2019-2020 run where they went 3 rounds deep before losing to eventual state champions Carthage. 

I could be wrong when the games come about but Crandall beat Jacksonville 41-37 and beat Terrell last week by touchdown. just by games you can find the look pretty small on the oline

1 minute ago, RogerDorn said:

Forney idk a big drop from 1/2 to 3rd in that 5a d1 district. Texas High beat them pretty soundly the past 2 years . Nac imo played them closer than Forney 

I saw Texas High at Forney last year, and Forney this season is definitely a much better team than last.

And I wouldn't say it was pretty soundly last year tbh. Forney didn't have a QB last year. That was the only difference between Forney pulling an upset off IMO. They were pretty competitive for 3 quarters until the Tigers finally pulled away in the second half.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I saw Texas High at Forney last year, and Forney this season is definitely a much better team than last.

And I wouldn't say it was pretty soundly last year tbh. Forney didn't have a QB last year. That was the only difference between Forney pulling an upset off IMO. They were pretty competitive for 3 quarters until the Tigers finally pulled away in the second half.

Forney is ok......I was there as well It was 35-13 Texas High had 2 turnovers inside the 20.. believe both of those were in the 1st half

Edited by RogerDorn

43 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

I agree with all of this. Melissa and Lovejoy will obliterate whoever they play and it won't be close.  The Crandall game will be interesting. It will be a shootout most likely but a good game none the less.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RogerDorn said:

Melissa’s DL is far from small, arguably the best position group on the team. Nigel Smith 6’5 260 on one side and Jackson Ford 6’6 235 on the other and sometimes they’ll mix and the OT Goosby in at 6’6 280. I don’t think Hallsville keeps it close with Lovejoy. Hallsville gives up a lot of points and although they score their fair share they haven’t proven this season to be efficient enough to compete against higher caliber teams. I was high on Crandall earlier in the season but as district play has played out. Crandall has slipped to me and I no longer see district sneaking 3 games. Crandall’s best matchup would be Whitehouse but I think WH is a couple notches above Crandall. Whoever manages to make it out of our district in the 4th seed, in my opinion Terrell, will have a slim to nothing chance of pulling off the upset in round 1

• Like 1