2022 District 8-5A DIV II Football Thread

Mavchamp

4 hours ago, collincountyfootball1 said:

Melissa’s DL is far from small, arguably the best position group on the team. Nigel Smith 6’5 260 on one side and Jackson Ford 6’6 235 on the other and sometimes they’ll mix and the OT Goosby in at 6’6 280. I don’t think Hallsville keeps it close with Lovejoy. Hallsville gives up a lot of points and although they score their fair share they haven’t proven this season to be efficient enough to compete against higher caliber teams. I was high on Crandall earlier in the season but as district play has played out. Crandall has slipped to me and I no longer see district sneaking 3 games. Crandall’s best matchup would be Whitehouse but I think WH is a couple notches above Crandall. Whoever manages to make it out of our district in the 4th seed, in my opinion Terrell, will have a slim to nothing chance of pulling off the upset in round 1

it was the argyle game so that was a while ago ..2 and I think 5? 18 at LB made some plays..overall just seemed to be a little smaller on d imo.

Does Denison still have a chance if they beat Crandall Friday? 

all 4 teams out of district 8 will have to show up. 2-2 is what I would I think..both of the 2/3 matchups could be pretty good games. 

Texas High (6-0) (9-1)
 Hallsville (4-2) (7-3)
 Marshall (4-2) (6-4)

Whitehouse (3-3) (7-3)                                                                                                                                                                 Pine Tree (2-4) (2-8)
 Mt Pleasant (1-5) (2-8)                                                                                                                                                     Nacogdoches (1-5) (1-9)

How I see it! This is just one scenario of many. I also think this district matches up well against District 7.

14 hours ago, RogerDorn said:

Does Denison still have a chance if they beat Crandall Friday? 

Yes.... Denison still has a chance.... albeit convoluted from what I can tell. 

Denison is (2-3) and they are tied with Poteet (2-3) and Terrell (2-3) for fourth place.  However....Terrell has the tie-breaker over Denison (Denison won 55-30)

Poteet and Terrell play this week.  The winner will improve to (3-3) and the loser will be (2-4).

If Denison beats Crandall they will be (3-3).  They need Poteet to beat Denison, which would make Poteet (3-3) as well.

Denison and Poteet play in the season finale...and the winner would advance and the loser would stay home.

I think if Terrell beats Poteet that will eliminate Denison since they lost to Terrell by 25. 

• Like 1

If DFTF predictions are correct: 
Seagoville at #7 Midlothian Heritage
Crandall at Hallsville
Ennis at #9 South Oak Cliff
Marshall at Melissa
Whitehouse at #10 Lovejoy
Mansfield Summit at Dallas Wilson
Terrell at Texarkana #4 Texas High
Dallas Kimball at Everman

Here are 8-5A paths to JerryWorld.........

Texas High
Bi: Terrell (3-5)
Area: Everman (7-1)
Region: Lovejoy (6-2)
Qtr: South oak Cliff (5-3) or Midlothian Heritage (7-1) or Melissa (6-2)
Semi:  Argyle (8-0) or Grapevine (7-1)
Title: FB Marshall (7-1)or Liberty Hill (7-1) or Montgomery Lake Creek (9-0) or Alamo Heights (7-1)

Hallsville
Bi: Crandall (6-2)
Area:  Midlothian Heritage (7-1)
Region: Melissa (6-2) or South Oak Cliff (5-3) or Ennis (3-5)
Qtr: Texas High (7-1) or  Lovejoy (6-2) or Everman (7-1)
Title: FB Marshall (7-1) or Liberty Hill (7-1) or Montgomery Lake Creek (9-0) or Alamo Heights (7-1)

Marshall
Bi: Melissa (6-2)
Area: South Oak Cliff (5-3) or Ennis (3-5)
Region:  Midlothian Heritage (7-1)
Qtr: Texas High (7-1) or Lovejoy (6-2) or Everman (7-1)
Title: FB Marshall (7-1) or Liberty Hill (7-1) or Montgomery Lake Creek (9-0) or Alamo Heights (7-1)

Whitehouse
Bi: Lovejoy (6-2)
Area: Mansfield Summit (4-4)
Region: Texas High (7-1) or Everman (7-1)
Qtr: South Oak Cliff (5-3) or Midlothian Heritage (7-1) or Melissa (6-2)

• Like 1

I'm a little surprised no one in the district moved their games......

Looks like some coaches want the rain to equalize things.

I don't mind sitting in the rain.  Don't even mind the cold.....  not crazy about the cold and the rain.

But the lightning delays..... the severe weather...... meh.  I'd be OK without all that.  

4 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

I'm a little surprised no one in the district moved their games......

Looks like some coaches want the rain to equalize things.

I don't mind sitting in the rain.  Don't even mind the cold.....  not crazy about the cold and the rain.

But the lightning delays..... the severe weather...... meh.  I'd be OK without all that.  

Whitehouse asked to play Thursday and Texas High said no. 

Marshall JV beat Gilmer JV tonight 26-22 in a substitute game with Nac forfeiting. 

JV improves to (6-2) on the season. They are the district champions. (5-0) in district play. 

They close out the season next week at Whitehouse.

9 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Marshall JV beat Gilmer JV tonight 26-22 in a substitute game with Nac forfeiting. 

JV improves to (6-2) on the season. They are the district champions. (5-0) in district play. 

They close out the season next week at Whitehouse.

They are not district champs just yet. Whitehouse JV is also (5-0) in district.

1 hour ago, RogerDorn said:

Heck of a game by Whitehouse ! I’m glad they didn’t move the game it was fun to watch in the rain imo. 

T High just looks so off after watching y’all tonight. It’s like regression, and probably injuries, have started to take its toll.

Nice win by WH, no doubt, but man, things are off in Tigerland.

• Like 1

Whitehouse has a nice team but you are quite correct Lobo.  Texas High is regressing.  Honestly I have seen no defensive improvement from the 1st of the year. If we run into a good passing team we will be toasted.   The last 2 weeks we have not won the line of scrimmage which I was super stoked about at the beginning of the year.

Hopefully things will get better quickly.........but that is not a comfortable thought when you are going into week 10

But make no mistake. Whitehouse straight up was the better team on the field tonight. Props to them

Edited by THSfanatic

3 hours ago, Ace1122 said:

Oh wait mavman has to say Whitehouse is good. Say it ain’t so.

I had no idea I was living rent free in your head.  

But since you care so much what I think….here goes:  No one in this district is very good.  Period.  We’re all about to get exposed in the playoffs.  Sorry to hurt your feelings.  

But when your probable district champion got hammered by 1-9 Nac-a-freaking-doches…. I don’t think anyone in 8-5A has much room to talk any smack at all.  Including the Dynasty that is Whitehouse. 

• Like 2
  • LOL! 3

5 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

I had no idea I was living rent free in your head.  

But since you care so much what I think….here goes:  No one in this district is very good.  Period.  We’re all about to get exposed in the playoffs.  Sorry to hurt your feelings.  

But when your probable district champion got hammered by 1-9 Nac-a-freaking-doches…. I don’t think anyone in 8-5A has much room to talk any smack at all.  Including the Dynasty that is Whitehouse. 

100% on point ^

3 hours ago, mav01 said:

Saw this coming.  THigh was one play away from losing to Nac AND Marshall the past 2 weeks. They have been trying hard to give games away recently. Now they need help from Marshall to get the 1 seed back.

Agree playing lackluster football can hurt you more often than not. Hopefully Texas gets this out of their system now.

7 minutes ago, missionimpossible said:

This is the worst I have seen this District since its inception. There is not a quality team in it. The tops 3 teams from 4A Division 1 would all win this district. I sure hope it improves next year, as this year has been hard to watch with the mediocrity. 

I mean, it's not the first year this has happened. Outside of 2015, and the few years Texas High has had a resurgence, it's been that way for a while.

If you go to Texarkana Gameday Facebook play, you will see two critical missed calls in the Texas High v Whitehouse game. One was a beautiful long pass by Whitehouse QB that was ruled a touchdown but appears to have been incomplete. Who knows, the Wildcats May have scored on the drive.

The second call was probably more critical. On a fourth down play late in the 4th quarter, the WH QB under duress threw a sideline pass. It appears the receiver was out of bounds. If you believe it was a catch, it appears to be behind the 1st down marker. To the Wildcats credit, they took advantage and scored the winning touchdown.

Sorry don’t know how to link FB.