2022 District 8-5A DIV II Football Thread

Mavchamp

3 hours ago, oldknees said:

WH lives in your head.

Wrong. The opinions of all the fan bases of 8-5A (past and present) lives in the heads of the Whitehouse apologists.  Truth hurts. 

A grown man so obsessed with  a high school football team composed of 16-18 year olds.

Better than being a grown adult defending and denying the toxic culture that exists at Whitehouse  

I was sitting on Marshall side Friday night

I’m pretty sure that’s a complete fabrication.  You would NO DOUBT be sitting on the Whitehouse side.  But I love a great story  

The coaches, especially Alvarez was in the refs ear a whole lot. 

Based on some of those spots and penalties…. He SHOULD have been in their ear  

Marshall players were mouthing too. Marshall is not a church choir.

Highlight where I said we weren’t mouthing.  I’ll wait.  Of course they were going to react.  Like you pointed out….these are teenagers.

They have a reputation of playing dirty and running their mouths.

LMAO.  Do you really want to run a poll on this topic?  You won’t like the results.  A reputation of playing hard?  Yes.  Hitting hard?  Yes.  Playing dirty?  Ummm….no.  That’s not what we are known for.  No one in 8-5A really has that reputation… except….. well.  You already know. 

You are good at journalism on this district but you continue to be biased against WH.

I am. I admit it. But I’m not a journalist… so I can be as biased as I wish. Sorry not sorry

They had a good team this year.

They do.  I agree.  

Give them and their coaches credit

I posted their record. Credit given. 

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Accountability good sir. It's just warranted from Whitehouse's side of things, and it is never taken.

Defend/deny/defend/deny/defend/deny

(repeat)

(repeat)

(repeat)

It’s like that song 99 bottles of beer on the wall 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

11 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

WH lives in your head.

Wrong. The opinions of all the fan bases of 8-5A (past and present) lives in the heads of the Whitehouse apologists.  Truth hurts. 

A grown man so obsessed with  a high school football team composed of 16-18 year olds.

Better than being a grown adult defending and denying the toxic culture that exists at Whitehouse  

I was sitting on Marshall side Friday night

I’m pretty sure that’s a complete fabrication.  You would NO DOUBT be sitting on the Whitehouse side.  But I love a great story  

The coaches, especially Alvarez was in the refs ear a whole lot. 

Based on some of those spots and penalties…. He SHOULD have been in their ear  

Marshall players were mouthing too. Marshall is not a church choir.

Highlight where I said we weren’t mouthing.  I’ll wait.  Of course they were going to react.  Like you pointed out….these are teenagers.

They have a reputation of playing dirty and running their mouths.

LMAO.  Do you really want to run a poll on this topic?  You won’t like the results.  A reputation of playing hard?  Yes.  Hitting hard?  Yes.  Playing dirty?  Yeah… that’s not really a thing.  No one in 8-5A has that reputation… except….. well.  You already know. 

You are good at journalism on this district but you continue to be biased against WH.

I am. I admit it. But I’m not a journalist… so I can be as biased as I wish. Sorry not sorry

They had a good team this year.

They do.  I agree.  

Give them and their coaches credit

I posted their record. Credit given. 

I'm not from WH. have no dog in fight.  I don't lie. no need to. I'm 60 yrs.old. I know what side I was sitting on Friday night. Your game stats and reviews for district on respectable and informational it's your personal bashing of a district school that gets old and immature. This is my last post but will continue to read the forums. By the way thank you for being a nurse on the front lines of helping people.

11 minutes ago, oldknees said:

I'm not from WH. have no dog in fight.  I don't lie. no need to. I'm 60 yrs.old. I know what side I was sitting on Friday night. Your game stats and reviews for district on respectable and informational it's your personal bashing of a district school that gets old and immature. This is my last post but will continue to read the forums. By the way thank you for being a nurse on the front lines of helping people.

It’s amusing you take offense to my calling out of bad behavior….. but you’re not offended by the epithets that flow from players mouths like water. You’re not offended by signs the student section makes for volleyball and basketball games. You’re not offended by some of the chants that are done at basketball games.  And the heckling at baseball games is extra special.  

None of that bothers you.  But me (and MANY OtHERS) calling it out bothers you. 

No dog in the fight?   You doth protesteth too much, methinks. 

Defend/deny.   You may not be from Whitehouse.  But you’re clearly OK with what they are well known for. 

2 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

It’s amusing you take offense to my calling out of bad behavior….. but you’re not offended by the epithets that flow from players mouths like water. You’re not offended by signs the student section makes for volleyball and basketball games. You’re not offended by some of the chants that are done at basketball games.

None of that bothers you.  But me (and MANY OtHERS) calling it out bothers you. 

No dog in the fight?   You doth protesteth too much.

Defend/deny.   You may not be from Whitehouse.  But you’re clearly OK with what they are well known for. 

I was not going to respond but need to. I don't go to any other games but football games. I'm a fan of high school football. You have no clue about my values or character, what offends me or bothers me.  Bottom line: Everyone who reads this forum on District 8-5A. knows your feelings about Whitehouse. We get it. You do a great job on reporting reviewing football games and teams. Keep it up. If it was another school being bashed in your forum. I would say to you " enough is enough. It's high school,teenagers" move on. I/we want to read your stats and information on the game/ games being played and how the district is playing out.  Ok. I'm done. Got to move on.

3 minutes ago, oldknees said:

I was not going to respond but need to. I don't go to any other games but football games. I'm a fan of high school football. You have no clue about my values or character, what offends me or bothers me.  Bottom line: Everyone who reads this forum on District 8-5A. knows your feelings about Whitehouse. We get it. You do a great job on reporting reviewing football games and teams. Keep it up. If it was another school being bashed in your forum. I would say to you " enough is enough. It's high school,teenagers" move on. I/we want to read your stats and information on the game/ games being played and how the district is playing out.  Ok. I'm done. Got to move on.

I am going to paraphrase, “It’s a community issue”.

27 minutes ago, bordertown said:

I am going to paraphrase, “It’s a community issue”.

And clearly the issue is NOT a problem to them. 

What they have a problem with is me (and others) talking about it. 

MHS just recently dedicated their new Hall of Fame display in the Lower Commons of MHS. First class all the way.  Check it out if you get the chance.   Esp if you make it to a basketball game. It’s just outside the gym. 

C52D73DA-2AE0-408A-AE51-625B96BE2DA0.jpeg

B1FC212E-01E9-48AA-8498-2E6FF7D8DEC4.jpeg

C51247E5-FE49-4F0A-A24B-2F5AC220A616.jpeg

D1DF9A81-439C-454D-B97E-A0B52D379664.jpeg

20B3D3E0-6192-47AF-A02B-EBF782E3E66E.jpeg

B8C1F23A-51F3-4118-8B11-BFE3FBB2C436.jpeg

4EF5B030-8DBA-4852-B940-2158F0BFB2EA.jpeg

E35DD75D-E4BB-4DCE-BB49-239A15F7713E.jpeg

666908D7-1E1D-4128-A308-C9927A9243EE.jpeg

98FF4E45-1A65-4066-A608-38F6DC0D4FF8.jpeg

• Like 2

Not to shabby District 8-5A Div 2 & Congrats to all four teams that are moving on! T-High finished as expected as DC and Marshall, Whitehouse & Hallsville finished all tied up for second in District play. The only team out of the 4 with a questionable loss was Nacogdoches vs. Whitehouse. Whitehouse not picking on you but I still can't fully wrap my mind around that one. I feel that these four teams are the best four teams in District with out a doubt and will represent well in the Bi-District games this coming weekend. Good luck in the playoffs District 8-5A Div 2!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, OnTheClock said:

Not to shabby District 8-5A Div 2 & Congrats to all four teams that are moving on! T-High finished as expected as DC and Marshall, Whitehouse & Hallsville finished all tied up for second in District play. The only team out of the 4 with a questionable loss was Nacogdoches vs. Whitehouse. Whitehouse not picking on you but I still can't fully wrap my mind around that one. I feel that these four teams are the best four teams in District with out a doubt and will represent well in the Bi-District games this coming weekend. Good luck in the playoffs District 8-5A Div 2!

Good luck to your Bobcats!  Welcome back to the dance! 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, oldknees said:

Leave the bashing and attacks against teenagers out of the journalism. This is a sports forum not an editorial on psychology of behavior.

You are completely contradicting your story here.  It’s a forum, not a journalistic website.  The journalism happens on Smoak.com.  What we post on the forum  are merely our thoughts and opinions and stats and experiences etc etc etc.  If something crosses a line, that’s where we come in. Until then, you should take your blood pressure medication.  Mavchamp is nothing but respectful towards teens playing sports.  Calling out a fan base when it’s needed is completely acceptable on this forum.

Terrell Vs. Texas High-  Tigers have been in a funk lately, but I think they come out of it this week.  Terrell didn't get ANY wins from the three teams above them in the standings..... so they beat up on the weak sisters.  As for the TxK struggles....maybe it's an issue of familiarity breeds contempt.  District teams know each other better than most.  PT and Nac are no strangers to what the Tigers are going to do.  Terrell won't have that luxury

Crandall Vs. Marshall-  This is a really tough draw for a first round home playoff game.  Fact is....the two teams the Pirates finished behind in the standings are both top 15 teams in 5A D-II (Melissa and Lovejoy).  Crandall is scoring a lot of points....but they have given up a lot too.  They gave up 55 to Forney, 37 to Jacksonville, 50 to Melissa, 36 to Greenville, 49 to Lovejoy, 29 to Terrell, and 30 to Denison.   The Forney, Melissa and LJ games were against REALLY good teams.  But Jax, Gvl, Denison, Terrell.....aren't and they still scored on them.  7-5A also seems to be a pass-happy district.  How will they respond to a the power running game of Marshall?  I honestly wouldn't be shocked to see either team win.  I'm expecting a really close, TOUGH game.  Taking my Mavs in a barnburner in a complete homer call.  I'm not 100%...but I think this is the longest road trip Crandall has had in a long while at 134 miles.  Marshall crowd should be rocking and rolling.

Hallsville Vs. Melissa-  The bad news for the Bobcats is that they are giving up 36.3 PPG defensively, good enough for 6th in 8-5A (ahead of Nac's 40.6 PPG).  The worse the news is that Melissa has been one of the most explosive teams in the metroplex averaging 45.1 PPG.  The good news for the Bobcats?  They average 39.3 PPG on offense and they have the most explosive player in the district on their team at QB.  He has 2,171 passing and 1.463 rushing for an eye-popping 40 TD's.  Hallsville has been cardiac kids.  The scored with about :30 seconds left in the game to beat Marshall.  Then followed that up by scoring in the final seconds Vs PT to tie it up and then win in OT.  Hallsville has the horses to stay in the game if Melissa's defense struggles.  But I'm more worried about the Bobcat defense....which has been nonexistent most of the season.  I'm going to take Melissa by a couple of scores.  

Whitehouse Vs.Lovejoy- Lovejoy.

On 11/5/2022 at 2:30 PM, Mavchamp said:

Defend/deny/defend/deny/defend/deny

(repeat)

(repeat)

(repeat)

It’s like that song 99 bottles of beer on the wall 😂😂😂

If multiple schools are saying the same thing this pretty much some validity to it. Self evaluation is key to changing the perception. 

4 hours ago, Mojo1000 said:

If multiple schools are saying the same thing this pretty much some validity to it. Self evaluation is key to changing the perception. 

I hear things about Nacogdoches, about Marshall, about Lindale, about Longview, about every little school in all the small-town communities. It’s not just Whitehouse, you all just choose to hammer them for some reason. So they have a rowdy student section, so does 10 out of 11 schools. Either way, good luck to every team in the 8-5a district, some tough draws first round. 

9 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Terrell Vs. Texas High-  Tigers have been in a funk lately, but I think they come out of it this week.  Terrell didn't get ANY wins from the three teams above them in the standings..... so they beat up on the weak sisters.  As for the TxK struggles....maybe it's an issue of familiarity breeds contempt.  District teams know each other better than most.  PT and Nac are no strangers to what the Tigers are going to do.  Terrell won't have that luxury

Crandall Vs. Marshall-  This is a really tough draw for a first round home playoff game.  Fact is....the two teams the Pirates finished behind in the standings are both top 15 teams in 5A D-II (Melissa and Lovejoy).  Crandall is scoring a lot of points....but they have given up a lot too.  They gave up 55 to Forney, 37 to Jacksonville, 50 to Melissa, 36 to Greenville, 49 to Lovejoy, 29 to Terrell, and 30 to Denison.   The Forney, Melissa and LJ games were against REALLY good teams.  But Jax, Gvl, Denison, Terrell.....aren't and they still scored on them.  7-5A also seems to be a pass-happy district.  How will they respond to a the power running game of Marshall?  I honestly wouldn't be shocked to see either team win.  I'm expecting a really close, TOUGH game.  Taking my Mavs in a barnburner in a complete homer call.  I'm not 100%...but I think this is the longest road trip Crandall has had in a long while at 134 miles.  Marshall crowd should be rocking and rolling.

Hallsville Vs. Melissa-  The bad news for the Bobcats is that they are giving up 36.3 PPG defensively, good enough for 6th in 8-5A (ahead of Nac's 40.6 PPG).  The worse the news is that Melissa has been one of the most explosive teams in the metroplex averaging 45.1 PPG.  The good news for the Bobcats?  They average 39.3 PPG on offense and they have the most explosive player in the district on their team at QB.  He has 2,171 passing and 1.463 rushing for an eye-popping 40 TD's.  Hallsville has been cardiac kids.  The scored with about :30 seconds left in the game to beat Marshall.  Then followed that up by scoring in the final seconds Vs PT to tie it up and then win in OT.  Hallsville has the horses to stay in the game if Melissa's defense struggles.  But I'm more worried about the Bobcat defense....which has been nonexistent most of the season.  I'm going to take Melissa by a couple of scores.  

Whitehouse Vs.Lovejoy- Lovejoy.

See this is what some of us are talking about. You do an outstanding job of researching and posting some really good stuff on the district. But yet when it comes to one school you don’t like, you give zero information just to be a jerk. You’ve done this all year. Why can’t you just post information for everyone? 

1 hour ago, Ace1122 said:

I hear things about Nacogdoches, about Marshall, about Lindale, about Longview, about every little school in all the small-town communities. It’s not just Whitehouse, you all just choose to hammer them for some reason. So they have a rowdy student section, so does 10 out of 11 schools. Either way, good luck to every team in the 8-5a district, some tough draws first round. 

They have been proven to be this way. Like I said everyone isn’t lying. 

42 minutes ago, Ace1122 said:

See this is what some of us are talking about. You do an outstanding job of researching and posting some really good stuff on the district. But yet when it comes to one school you don’t like, you give zero information just to be a jerk. You’ve done this all year. Why can’t you just post information for everyone? 

Being fair many presume that Lovejoy will beat Whitehouse by several touchdowns. I don’t speak for him but I assume like many will take enjoyment out of it. On a lesser note outside of Texas High and Longview they will not see December football. 

48 minutes ago, Ace1122 said:

But what you're quoting is just his opinion and view on games. His view is Lovejoy will win. What more is there to be said when that's his opinion?

You hear things, but we have all seen it time and time again. What we are all talking about is not hear say. We aren't talking about rowdy student sections, rowdy student sections are fun. We are ALL talking about student sections/fans and players that cross the line of being  rowdy, with racial slurs, signage, chants and actions. 

Hearing about 1 incident that was dealt with by a school is completely different than a consistent issue that is obviously being ignored. A single isolated incident can be chalked up to teen-agers making mistakes and having to be dealt with. Every schools student section will have something stupid happen that is addressed right then and there. 

Edited by Nacwagons
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ace1122 said:

I was making my picks for the games. I picked all four games. 

If you want to add any information about WH… add it. This is a forum. You can add whatever info you want the world to know. 

Im not under any obligation to cater to any school.  It’s not my job.  I’m not trying to force you to post about Jacksonville.  

Do your own homework and research. Add what ever your heart desires. 

And the whole reason… the entire purpose of me not adding extra info about Whitehouse and to have WH fans come at me and call me names is the highest form of irony.  I should consider myself lucky…… jerk is a lightweight epithet by WH standards.

Whitehouse Vs.Lovejoy- Lovejoy.  Big.  

• LOL! 2

I've been reading these forums since at least 2005, I have followed closely every year during football season. I'm a Whitehouse grad, played football there and saw some really lean years (we were horrible) We did not make the playoffs from 1978 until the late 1990's, I believe.  
I have attended between five and seven home and away games a year without fail, since the late 90's.  Whitehouse fans can be obnoxious, but so are every other fan I have seen. I sat on the visitor side (Whitehouse hosting Marshall) a few years ago with my two grandsons, who were five and three at the time. It was embarrassing  The trash being talked among fans in the stands, including racial slurs. It is not just Whitehouse , it is every high school in America right now. Whitehouse has  problems I'm sure, just as every other school has. America has a problem right now, but that's a whole different discussion. Are there racists and idiots ? Of course, they are everywhere, they are not exclusive to the 75791 zip code. However, the constant rhetoric and bashing on this site is, quite honestly, sad. I could have posted this a couple years ago, but I didn't, I am a fan of the game, not of conflict. I've seen it while visiting Nacogdoches stadium as well. All of you who say your school is better than that are lying to yourself, all public schools have issues right now. As a football fan, I'm just excited to see Whitehouse start to have some success again. This has been our most successful year since the Mahomes era, and I am enjoying every minute of it. I have not seen anything happen on the field that is any different than any other high school game I have been to (and I do attend other high schools games).  The Whitehouse  bashing, whether you feel it is deserved or not, just makes you look pathetic, each of you. I'm gonna bite my tongue and try not to respond to any of the negative criticism you guys post from here on out, but I promise you it's not just Whitehouse, it is every school we have played, no exception. And Mavchamp, you do a great job every week during football season, you seem like a nice guy. Why let them live in your head rent free? I couldn't care less if you post details about Whitehouse games, really couldn't. However, when you start bashing the student-athletes on the field, it is a bad look for you. 

Edited by dnechi
Left out details
  • Like 1
  • Stinks 1

55 minutes ago, dnechi said:

I've been reading these forums since at least 2005, I have followed closely every year during football season. I'm a Whitehouse grad, played football there and saw some really lean years (we were horrible) We did not make the playoffs from 1978 until the late 1990's, I believe.  
I have attended between five and seven home and away games a year without fail, since the late 90's.  Whitehouse fans can be obnoxious, but so are every other fan I have seen. I sat on the visitor side (Whitehouse hosting Marshall) a few years ago with my two grandsons, who were five and three at the time. It was embarrassing  The trash being talked among fans in the stands, including racial slurs. It is not just Whitehouse , it is every high school in America right now. Whitehouse has  problems I'm sure, just as every other school has. America has a problem right now, but that's a whole different discussion. Are there racists and idiots ? Of course, they are everywhere, they are not exclusive to the 75791 zip code. However, the constant rhetoric and bashing on this site is, quite honestly, sad. I could have posted this a couple years ago, but I didn't, I am a fan of the game, not of conflict. I've seen it while visiting Nacogdoches stadium as well. All of you who say your school is better than that are lying to yourself, all public schools have issues right now. As a football fan, I'm just excited to see Whitehouse start to have some success again. This has been our most successful year since the Mahomes era, and I am enjoying every minute of it. I have not seen anything happen on the field that is any different than any other high school game I have been to (and I do attend other high schools games).  The Whitehouse  bashing, whether you feel it is deserved or not, just makes you look pathetic, each of you. I'm gonna bite my tongue and try not to respond to any of the negative criticism you guys post from here on out, but I promise you it's not just Whitehouse, it is every school we have played, no exception. And Mavchamp, you do a great job every week during football season, you seem like a nice guy. Why let them live in your head rent free? I couldn't care less if you post details about Whitehouse games, really couldn't. However, when you start bashing the student-athletes on the field, it is a bad look for you. 

Good post but you’re wasting your time with some of these folks. To them Whitehouse IS the only school where trash talk and rowdy student sections exist. Go to a Tyler Legacy volleyball game to see the trash talking with the students. Go to a Tyler high basketball game. Heck go to any high school baseball or softball game in any town in Texas. The rowdy fans and students sections are everywhere. But they’re also at Duke, Texas, A&M, Lake Travis, Allen, Southlake, South Oak Cliff, and anywhere America. Except Smoaky.com, only Whitehouse fans and kids act horrible. 

2 hours ago, dnechi said:

Good post but you’re wasting your time with some of these folks. To them Whitehouse IS the only school where trash talk and rowdy student sections exist. Go to a Tyler Legacy volleyball game to see the trash talking with the students. Go to a Tyler high basketball game. Heck go to any high school baseball or softball game in any town in Texas. The rowdy fans and students sections are everywhere. But they’re also at Duke, Texas, A&M, Lake Travis, Allen, Southlake, South Oak Cliff, and anywhere America. Except Smoaky.com, only Whitehouse fans and kids act horrible. 

I think most of the East Texas 5A posters on this board are baffled at the number of Whitehouse folks that are coming on here and either denying what we all say is happening, defend what is happening, or worse.... telling us to ignore it or get over it. 

We're not talking about obnoxious.  We're not talking about rowdy.   Obnoxious and rowdy I expect..... but we all know what we're talking about...and it's much worse than obnoxious and rowdy.  

It's no wonder it's how it is....it's clearly systemic.  The adults surrounding these kids are complicit.  They clearly either don't believe it's happening..... or they don't care... or they just want people to accept it and get over it.

"stop calling out kids racists for being racist!!!!!".

Have ya'll not been reading these posts?  For years?  It's not just me.  It's not just a Marshall guy saying it.  I'm just the one that decided to take a stand.  Lo and behold other fans have come forward and said they have seen and heard the same things.  Nacogdoches fans, Longview, Texarkana, Mount Pleasant, Longview, Pine Tree, Jacksonville.  They've all spoken out.  BUT NO.  WE ARE ALL WRONG.  We're just picking on WH.  Kids are being kids.

And the coincidence of so many WH fans that claim they have sat on the Marshall side  and claim to have experienced the same is incredible.  I have a feeling if my name was Tigerchamp or Dragonchamp those visitor side horror stories would have morphed into Texas High or Nacogdoches stories.  How convenient.  

I can tell you with great confidence though that there aren't many humans that would be brave enough to use racial epitaphs mixed in a crowd of Longview Lobo fans.  Or Marshall fans.  Or Nac fans.  Or Texas High.  Wonder why that is? 

Try having a racial poster board.  I don't care how RAH RAH team it may be.... it would NOT fly at any of these schools.  But guess where it does fly. 

Racial chants.  Yeah....I don't see that happening at a Lobo volleyball game.  But guess where it has happened.  

But please tell us we're all wrong again.  

And WH isn't living rent free in my head.  All these posts are driven by the fact that WH fans are PO'd that I'm not "doing my job" and covering the Wildcats.  But it's NOT my job to cover the Woldcats.  ANY WH fan can post as much info about their team as they like.  I DO NOT.  Whitehouse can have a thead 175 pages long of stats, recaps, and visitor side horror stories if they chose to.  Knock yourselves out.

And while you think me calling out the behavior is a "bad look" for me..... you know what's worse?  Defending it, denying it, or saying everyone does it... or it's kids being kids.  Yet oddly..... we don't see mass amounts of fans saying those things about ANY of the other district rivals....  just one.  Now THAT'S a bad look.

And you are correct.... you probably are wasting your time trying to change the minds of all those you feel are persecuting WH.  But we have all LONG AGO accepted that we are wasting out time thinking WH will ever change.  This thread alone is all the proof needed. 

WH folks don't think a problem exists.  If it doesn't exist then there's nothing to correct.  Therefor nothing needs to change.

But that doesn't mean all those other fanbases have to accept it.......  WH can do WH.  That's fine.  But they can live with the consequences of that reputation.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ace1122 said:

Butthurt maybe?

• Like 1