2022 District 8-5A DIV II Football Thread

Mavchamp

3 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

I think most of the East Texas 5A posters on this board are baffled at the number of Whitehouse folks that are coming on here and either denying what we all say is happening, defend what is happening, or worse.... telling us to ignore it or get over it. 

We're not talking about obnoxious.  We're not talking about rowdy.   Obnoxious and rowdy I expect..... but we all know what we're talking about...and it's much worse than obnoxious and rowdy.  

It's no wonder it's how it is....it's clearly systemic.  The adults surrounding these kids are complicit.  They clearly either don't believe it's happening..... or they don't care... or they just want people to accept it and get over it.

"stop calling out kids racists for being racist!!!!!".

Have ya'll not been reading these posts?  For years?  It's not just me.  It's not just a Marshall guy saying it.  I'm just the one that decided to take a stand.  Lo and behold other fans have come forward and said they have seen and heard the same things.  Nacogdoches fans, Longview, Texarkana, Mount Pleasant, Longview, Pine Tree, Jacksonville.  They've all spoken out.  BUT NO.  WE ARE ALL WRONG.  We're just picking on WH.  Kids are being kids.

And the coincidence of so many WH fans that claim they have sat on the Marshall side  and claim to have experienced the same is incredible.  I have a feeling if my name was Tigerchamp or Dragonchamp those visitor side horror stories would have morphed into Texas High or Nacogdoches stories.  How convenient.  

I can tell you with great confidence though that there aren't many humans that would be brave enough to use racial epitaphs mixed in a crowd of Longview Lobo fans.  Or Marshall fans.  Or Nac fans.  Or Texas High.  Wonder why that is? 

Try having a racial poster board.  I don't care how RAH RAH team it may be.... it would NOT fly at any of these schools.  But guess where it does fly. 

Racial chants.  Yeah....I don't see that happening at a Lobo volleyball game.  But guess where it has happened.  

But please tell us we're all wrong again.  

And WH isn't living rent free in my head.  All these posts are driven by the fact that WH fans are PO'd that I'm not "doing my job" and covering the Wildcats.  But it's NOT my job to cover the Woldcats.  ANY WH fan can post as much info about their team as they like.  I DO NOT.  Whitehouse can have a thead 175 pages long of stats, recaps, and visitor side horror stories if they chose to.  Knock yourselves out.

And while you think me calling out the behavior is a "bad look" for me..... you know what's worse?  Defending it, denying it, or saying everyone does it... or it's kids being kids.  Yet oddly..... we don't see mass amounts of fans saying those things about ANY of the other district rivals....  just one.  Now THAT'S a bad look.

And you are correct.... you probably are wasting your time trying to change the minds of all those you feel are persecuting WH.  But we have all LONG AGO accepted that we are wasting out time thinking WH will ever change.  This thread alone is all the proof needed. 

WH folks don't think a problem exists.  If it doesn't exist then there's nothing to correct.  Therefor nothing needs to change.

But that doesn't mean all those other fanbases have to accept it.......  WH can do WH.  That's fine.  But they can live with the consequences of that reputation.

What a great novel.

18 minutes ago, Ace1122 said:

What a great novel.

Any thoughts on WH #5 being benched this week for his stunt Thursday night?

Or did that not happen in your world either? 

#45 and #2 get to sit out the first half too for their ejections along with our 2. 

ouch. 

2 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Any thoughts on WH #5 being benched this week for his stunt Thursday night?

Or did that not happen in your world either? 

#45 and #2 get to sit out the first half too for their ejections along with our 2. 

ouch. 

And what caused those ejections? Marshall players ripping off the helmet and stomping on #5. Was he wrong to retaliate in the line after the game, absolutely and he is suffering the consequences. 
What about the Marshall asst coach that continuously called the WH quarterback a little ### and mocked him?

10 minutes ago, USA2024 said:

And what caused those ejections? Marshall players ripping off the helmet and stomping on #5. Was he wrong to retaliate in the line after the game, absolutely and he is suffering the consequences. 
What about the Marshall asst coach that continuously called the WH quarterback a little ### and mocked him?

WH ripped off a helmet just a bit before the ejections.  Miss that one?  They had been jawing and talking all night….trying to get a reaction for a flag.  They do that garbage every year.  It’s actually discussed amongst the district coaches.  How embarrassing that district coaches discuss that openly about a rival. 

Strange all that jawing stopped once they stopped winning.  That jawing turned into flat out dirtiness  

And given your email address…..I’m not even going to address the claim about the QB.   Sounds like a whole bunch of sour grapes. 

WH never disappoints.  Ever.  That’s why they have the reputation they have.  Even when they talked about how much things have changed. 

It’s OK.  Accept it. Embrace it. Deny it. Be proud. Whatever.

Just know everyone else in ETX 5A thinks the exact same thing about WH as discussed here amongst all these fan bases.  And no amount of online temper tantrums will change that.  

23 hours ago, Ace1122 said:

I hear things about Nacogdoches, about Marshall, about Lindale, about Longview, about every little school in all the small-town communities. It’s not just Whitehouse, you all just choose to hammer them for some reason. So they have a rowdy student section, so does 10 out of 11 schools. Either way, good luck to every team in the 8-5a district, some tough draws first round. 

You will NEVER see signs at ANY Lobo athletic game, made by students or otherwise that say anything derogatory about a school being uneducated; or referred to by any other name than their school mascot. Nor should the Lobo principal have to appeal to the neutral site custodial services to take down a sign that the WH parents and teachers wouldn't take down.  I was there.....I saw the sign.....I took pictures of the sign....we listened to the chants from the WH students at a volleyball playoff game. I also wrote a letter to the superintendent, explaining our disgust at the behavior of the students.  The kids involved had to apologize but "they didn't mean anything by it". The apology never happened and the kids graduated. The only notice about the "incident" was on Twitter for a brief moment.  

This is one incident among many, involving schools that have kids of color on their teams. So yes,  complicit is the perfect word for the administration and parents.  And if you don't see a problem with their behavior, then you are also part of the problem. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

For everyone's information, Texas High's faculty, staff, and campus police monitor the Texas High student sections at all home football and basketball games. I haven't been to volleyball games. They don't allow what WH does.

By UIL rules, it is the responsibility of the school to have an Administrator on Duty to handle issues off the field of play. It is “all hands on deck” for TISD administrators at home games. There are at least two administrators on duty at every section of the stands and stationed elsewhere around the stadium. Given the proximity of the stands to the field of play, it is a necessity.

I'm thinking the district goes (2-2) this week.  No gimmies though.  Not even for THS.

Next week is going to be tough for ANYONE that advances.

THS/Terrell winner gets Everman (8-2)
Marshall/Crandall gets #6 Midlothian Heritage (9-1)
WH/Lovejoy gets #8 South Oak Cliff (8-2)
Hallsville/Melissa gets Ennis (5-5)

Hallsville/Melissa winner may have the most favorable matchup to advance.  

• Like 1

So it looks like District 7 is going to leave the 1st round with a SWEEP!! 

#1 Melissa 57 - #4 Hallsville 20

#2 Lovejoy 38 - #3 Whitehouse 34 

#3 Crandall 48 - #2 Marshall 47 

#4 Terrell 28 - #1 Texas High 21

A lot of really close competitive games this weekend, which is kind of what I believe most people expected when we saw the pairings. Terrell obviously pulling off the upset was to some unexpected but others could kind of tell based on the downfall Texas High has shown the last several weeks. Crandall/Marshall came down to the wire and they lit up the scoreboard. Game could’ve gone either way, way to go Pirates! Melissa/Hallsville was close early and then Melissa stepped on the gas and pulled away comfortably. Lovejoy needed a last minute TD to beat Whitehouse which is kind of expected when it comes to Lovejoy, those guys over there aren’t the same team when they’re playing someone with a pulse. Coming into the week, I heard a lot about the defenses of the district 7 teams. But I think was under estimated was the just the quality of offenses within district 7. With the exception of Terrell, everybody put up 38 plus points on the 8-5A defenses. Styles make fights and I think these matchups favored us just a little bit more this year.

3 minutes ago, Mojo1000 said:

Perhaps not going deep in the playoffs but losing to Terrell wasn’t on anyone radar.

Ehhhhh. I don't know about that. I thought it'd be close, obviously I thought T High would win in the end but the way the Tigers had been playing recently it's not that big of a shock tbh.

Struggling vs Nac and PT, losing to WH. They just looked completely off the last half of the season.

• Like 1

Not really feeling any better about how we lost last night. What a 💔 breaker 

But I couldn’t be more proud if we had won with how hard they fought all night long.  Down by 14 most of the game. Coming back and taking the lead.  Hard to complain. 

Couldn’t be more excited about where we are headed.  JA is the real deal. 

But that was a punch in the gut. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Not really feeling any better about how we lost last night. What a 💔 breaker 

But I couldn’t be more proud if we had won with how hard they fought all night long.  Down by 14 most of the game. Coming back and taking the lead.  Hard to complain. 

Couldn’t be more excited about where we are headed.  JA is the real deal. 

But that was a punch in the gut. 

One thing I can say about him, he's great at making halftime adjustments. Seen it several times this season to where we completely took control of games in 2nd half.

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Ehhhhh. I don't know about that. I thought it'd be close, obviously I thought T High would win in the end but the way the Tigers had been playing recently it's not that big of a shock tbh.

Struggling vs Nac and PT, losing to WH. They just looked completely off the last half of the season.

I can see your point and it is valid. I was mainly basing off Terrell being a subpar team. I also thought more highly of Texas High. 

• Like 2

Thanks Mavchamp once again for dong what you do! I completely agree with everything you have said and the way you have said it. Hopefully next season will be a little more successful for all of the teams in our District! On to round ball, where my MP Tigers have had a little better success of late.

• Thanks 1

On 11/15/2022 at 2:24 PM, Cletus said:

Thanks Mavchamp once again for dong what you do! I completely agree with everything you have said and the way you have said it. Hopefully next season will be a little more successful for all of the teams in our District! On to round ball, where my MP Tigers have had a little better success of late.

thank you, sir.  I enjoy keeping up for everyone!