2 hours ago, player73 said:

Eustace 

Fairfield 

Groesbeck 

Kemp

Malakoff

Mexia 

Teague

Malakoff is the favorite without a doubt to win the District. I think the other 3 spots are open for the taking.

I'll agree to that.

Really don't know what Mexia brings back.

Groesbeck brings back their dual threat qb, I believe their rb, and a few receivers and a d*mn good d linemen/backer. GB had a lot of kids out with injuries and he had to fill in at backer against us and I think a couple of other games. I thought he played better at backer than on the line in my option and he could tackle very well. 

Teague looks to gain a good mlb with new HC coming in. It'll be interesting to see how they come into the season. I think they are a season away to being back on track, especially if they buy in. 

Koff

GB

Teague/Mexia

Mexia/Teague

Koff will be young but we'll have some talent coming. I see Tennison taking over at rb and with Jackson to help with the load as he is our bigger rb. I heard and seen good things about the jv qb. I think he'll be the one under center this up coming season. Believe he'll be a soph. We return some receivers. 

On defense we'll be replacing 2 lb, gonna be a tall task to fill in the shoes of Rose but the last 6 seasons we've had a good backer core always filling in. We return both de's jackson and renburg that'll be our strength on defensive front. Then we return all secondary but one cb but I believe we had rotated out during the season so I think we'll be fine. Don't know if they'll have Tennison playing both ways since he was starting safety during the playoffs. 

I think our offense will be more productive this year than last year and no that's not a jab at last years offense. I thought we did very well with what was given last season, just wasn't what we are accustomed to. 

Should be a better district overall with mexia and teague on the rise

Guest Tiger03lb

I will add Fairfield will be the sleeper team of the district. Just never know what team you'll get. They got a hoss of the rb that I believe returns. 

1 hour ago, Tiger03lb said:

I'll agree to that.

Really don't know what Mexia brings back.

Groesbeck brings back their dual threat qb, I believe their rb, and a few receivers and a d*mn good d linemen/backer. GB had a lot of kids out with injuries and he had to fill in at backer against us and I think a couple of other games. I thought he played better at backer than on the line in my option and he could tackle very well. 

Teague looks to gain a good mlb with new HC coming in. It'll be interesting to see how they come into the season. I think they are a season away to being back on track, especially if they buy in. 

Koff

GB

Teague/Mexia

Mexia/Teague

Koff will be young but we'll have some talent coming. I see Tennison taking over at rb and with Jackson to help with the load as he is our bigger rb. I heard and seen good things about the jv qb. I think he'll be the one under center this up coming season. Believe he'll be a soph. We return some receivers. 

On defense we'll be replacing 2 lb, gonna be a tall task to fill in the shoes of Rose but the last 6 seasons we've had a good backer core always filling in. We return both de's jackson and renburg that'll be our strength on defensive front. Then we return all secondary but one cb but I believe we had rotated out during the season so I think we'll be fine. Don't know if they'll have Tennison playing both ways since he was starting safety during the playoffs. 

I think our offense will be more productive this year than last year and no that's not a jab at last years offense. I thought we did very well with what was given last season, just wasn't what we are accustomed to. 

Should be a better district overall with mexia and teague on the rise

Mexia is always going have athletes but that hasn’t always meant wins for them. I sure they will be pumped moving down to 3A. They were 2-9 last year.

i don’t think Groesbeck will be as good but will still be solid. Lost some good receivers but the QB and his brother ( WR ) are back.They are well coached.

Fairfield is hard to figure out but the Lb is a stud and the RB is back too. Line was huge last year but ….

Teague will have a new coach. There will be a lot of enthusiasm and the new coach son is a hoss. They have some young players coming back and for some a fresh start. 

I think these four teams fight it for the three spots behind Malakoff. 

Guest Tiger03lb
On 2/4/2022 at 3:14 PM, player73 said:

Mexia is always going have athletes but that hasn’t always meant wins for them. I sure they will be pumped moving down to 3A. They were 2-9 last year.

i don’t think Groesbeck will be as good but will still be solid. Lost some good receivers but the QB and his brother ( WR ) are back.They are well coached.

Fairfield is hard to figure out but the Lb is a stud and the RB is back too. Line was huge last year but ….

Teague will have a new coach. There will be a lot of enthusiasm and the new coach son is a hoss. They have some young players coming back and for some a fresh start. 

I think these four teams fight it for the three spots behind 

Yeah. If Mexia can ever keep a decent HC they'll be pretty decent every year. I thought the 19' team was decent. They had size and had a good qb and rb that could go if he got loose. 

Is y'alls HC keeping any of the current staff? 

Fairfield needs some more threats other than that hoss of a rb/lb. I thought they made a lot of mistakes/miscues against us. I thought they were young but later found out they weren't and had happened most of the season. Really was surprised about that. 

On 2/5/2022 at 8:28 PM, Tiger03lb said:

Yeah. If Mexia can ever keep a decent HC they'll be pretty decent every year. I thought the 19' team was decent. They had size and had a good qb and rb that could go if he got loose. 

Fairfield needs some more threats other than that hoss of a rb/lb. I thought they made a lot of mistakes/miscues against us. I thought they were young but later found out they weren't and had happened most of the season. Really was surprised about that. 

The Coach Linscomb era begins Wednesday. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2022 at 8:28 PM, Tiger03lb said:

If Fairfield will implement a passing game it will utilize threats that have not been used the last two years.  It will also make Fairfield’s running back that much more dangerous as the offense will not be so one dimensional with glaring tendencies.  Excited to see what happens over offseason headed into next year.

Guest Tiger03lb
4 hours ago, 4Mar said:

If Fairfield will implement a passing game it will utilize threats that have not been used the last two years.  It will also make Fairfield’s running back that much more dangerous as the offense will not be so one dimensional with glaring tendencies.  Excited to see what happens over offseason headed into next year.

I think FF has bigger issues than not having enough threats to help out on offense. I do believe they have some players to help out. 

As in bigger issues, I mean coaching and fundamentals. 

Question, wasn't there two qbs last season? I believe one was a underclassmen that had potential. 

Guest Tiger03lb
4 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Teague will be much improved if the new coach can get them rolling

I'll agree to this. I thought Teague was more improved/better last season than FF. If the new HC can get them going, which I believe he can, I can see them getting third. Don't know if they'll be good enough to beat GB yet. 

Teague will have to get bigger and better on the o and d lines collectively if anything is going to improve drastically. Teague graduated a D-1 lineman and are pretty thin overall in the trenches. Hopefully Teague buys in to what the new coach is selling and everyone is all in and on the same page. I do look for Teague to be a lot more creative in their approach with the new staff coming in but ultimately the Lions are going to have to get bigger, stronger, and faster to get better results than the last 4 years. 

Guest Tiger03lb

Yeah, it's been a while since Teague has had a big o line. Probably since 16'/17' was the last time. That was always one of Teague's strength on relying on the line. Other than the usually of having to reload, just surprised of how undersized they have been collectively since then. Y'all always had one or two each year that stood out but not the usual massive lines you guys have had. 

You guys are on the way up from the 20' season. Getting a all district lb will help out a lot too. Like I said before, y'all are not that far off.