UPDATE: Alto hires Brock Grigsby

ttowngrad

Alto is not the program it once was.  Hasn't been past the second round since that real good team lost to Centerville in round 4 that had Keenan Johnson.  No JV last year and heard jr high situation was a mess.  Several talented Jr high kids transferred out to Rusk, ect.

3 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

Swarming on em and sting em alto will probably let us know the road they on,after they get done kicking a wall a couple times...sorry to my brothers in alto for this nuke show ✌️

No need to be sorry brother. Bottom line is, I am not going to address specifics about the situation because I am not involved in the situation. I’ll leave that to the “experts” lol. Funny to see all the theories and speculation from outsiders (and insiders). I’ve heard enough opinions from ppl whose opinions really don’t matter as much as they think it does. I am a fan. Period. All I am going to say is that we are obviously getting a new AD in Alto, TX. In regard to the football program, there’s a crop of kids here that are willing and ready to absolutely go to war on Friday nights for whoever is wearing the headsets. That’s a guarantee. Plenty of talent coming back and it will be interesting to see how our next AD evaluates and then utilizes that talent in whatever system they run. Good luck to Coach Gamble. He definitely knows football and I hope he buries his opponents wherever he’s at next. To the next AD, whoever that may be, let’s get it!!!

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

No need to be sorry brother. Bottom line is, I am not going to address specifics about the situation because I am not involved in the situation. I’ll leave that to the “experts” lol. Funny to see all the theories and speculation from outsiders (and insiders). I’ve heard enough opinions from ppl whose opinions really don’t matter as much as they think it does. I am a fan. Period. All I am going to say is that we are obviously getting a new AD in Alto, TX. In regard to the football program, there’s a crop of kids here that are willing and ready to absolutely go to war on Friday nights for whoever is wearing the headsets. That’s a guarantee. Plenty of talent coming back and it will be interesting to see how our next AD evaluates and then utilizes that talent in whatever system they run. Good luck to Coach Gamble. He definitely knows football and I hope he buries his opponents wherever he’s at next. To the next AD, whoever that may be, let’s get it!!!

Now we get to the only good part of this......wonder what type system they gon run? Spread?slot? Power I or wishbone?  Even in bad times a dude can find solice in wondering what new system we run...peace out ✌️

12 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

You said it brother!!! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, upullinmychain said:

Now we get to the only good part of this......wonder what type system they gon run? Spread?slot? Power I or wishbone?  Even in bad times a dude can find solice in wondering what new system we run...peace out ✌️

Lol. Right. Ok, I’ll say this. And this is strictly MY personal opinion as a fan in regard to scheme. I LOVE POWER FOOTBALL!!! 😂😂😂. But I am not running this show. I’m getting behind whatever we put on the field and feel like we have players that can adapt and be successful at whatever. But that split back veer was nasty and I loved seeing it ran the way we were running it. That’s just me though. I’ll also tell you I am a fan of the power football they run in Centerville as well. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Well said.  Good luck to the Yellowjackets

13 hours ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Started making a post last night, read yours and deleted mine. Lol  Appreciate your post and really you just hit it. The kids are all in and will work for whoever takes over. Great group returning and I’m expecting an awesome season. Can’t wait!

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Started making a post last night, read yours and deleted mine. Lol  Appreciate your post and really you just hit it. The kids are all in and will work for whoever takes over. Great group returning and I’m expecting an awesome season. Can’t wait!

Bart Scott….. Can’t wait!!!!!😤

• LOL! 1

On 2/7/2022 at 3:51 PM, RHSeaglefan said:

Alto is not the program it once was.  Hasn't been past the second round since that real good team lost to Centerville in round 4 that had Keenan Johnson.  No JV last year and heard jr high situation was a mess.  Several talented Jr high kids transferred out to Rusk, ect.

It is hard to maintain year in and year out and if you look at recent history 2015 is the last big run for Alto. 2018 and 2019 were second round appearances. Besides schools like Carthage and Gilmer, most teams have these cycles. In East Texas 2A I’m trying to think of a program that has been consistently consistent. Probably the closest one is Tenaha. We have made the playoffs all those years, with the exception of 2020. Last district championship was 2019, but that was the 26th one, which is not bad. 40 seasons in the playoffs with the return in 2021. We’ll reach program win #600 with 2 more wins.

We did have a JV last year but the numbers were low and with Covid and injuries they ended up joining the Varsity for the remaining district games. That is an issue that needs to be addressed by the new coach. Our middle school numbers were up and we actually had a 7th AND 8th grade team. The 8th grade numbers were smaller than the 7th grade so some of those 7th graders did double duty or might have just played 8th grade. There have been years where they combined them depending on class size. We didn’t have to do that this year. 

Of the 35 plus kids in Middle School, one student, an 8th grader, transferred to Rusk. His folks weren’t happy. There was a 9th grader who also transferred. His folks had a beef with some non athletic-related school policy. Most everyone knows that a senior transferred after the 2020 season because the parent wasn’t happy with the position his kid was playing. That’s 3 kids out of 70+ kids. And believe me, I hated that those 3 kids left. They are great kids. It boils down to the parents doing what they feel is best for their kid. Make decisions with your kids’ best interest in mind. You only get one shot at it. Do what you need to do. Now if any of those kids want to come back, they will be welcome with open arms.

I know the Rusk folks have higher expectations for Alto. So do we. Congratulations on your winning season, the second one (2017 9-3, 2021 9-3) since 2006 (8-4) and for advancing to the second round for the 7th time in program history. I know y’all have a heck of an AD/HFC who is respected and well liked. I like that guy, too; he is doing a great job! AND you hired some awesome assistants with D1 kids to bring in. Congratulations on that, too! Glad it’s working out for you!

We’re gonna continue to work over here to get back to your high expectations! 😂  Looking forward to the future as we continue to honor our rich tradition. This should be a fun year with what we have returning.

All the best to Rusk!

9AD5713C-EB17-42C6-95CB-2938D7EF69D7.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 3

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Alto hires Brock Grigsby